Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Will SE be getting a restock of the SG3105 (specifically 30) any time?

SENY and SELA already got the restock, SESF is getting them in about 10 days.

Just received a full restock of all indigo 3sixteen jeans, shadow selvedge slim cut, and double black slim cut jeans:

Does this include 3sixteen+ and 3sixteens new denim?

It includes the 77BSP, 88BSP, 99BSP, and the new 777BSP Super Sexxxxy Dark Black jean.

Hey Kiya,

I'm looking to buy a pack of the Stevenson loop wheeled pocket Ts. In your opinion, having handled the fabric and knowledge of other loop wheeled fabrics. Are these Steveson Ts more of an underwear shirt? That is to say, are they lighter than say a FH loop wheeled none THC or a Real McCoy light weight T? Need something lighter than my FH and SG T's that are on the heavy side.

But don't want a nipple show.

Lastly are these and other Steveson s/s button ups available at the SF location? Thinking of stopping by next weekend.

(Also any words on the new Sugar Cane prices?)

Hey kiya,

those Iron Heart 301's are they selvage? Cuff doesn't look it. Btw do you guys accept paypal?

from the first line of the SE's 301S description: 

"Japanese Selvedge Indigo Denim (Non-Showing outer seam selvedge)"

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=408

they are made of selvedge denim and my understanding is that the seam you would normally see on selvedge-denim jeans was removed in cutting in order to achieve the 301S fit (which is awesome)

Hey Kiya,

I'm looking to buy a pack of the Stevenson loop wheeled pocket Ts. In your opinion, having handled the fabric and knowledge of other loop wheeled fabrics. Are these Steveson Ts more of an underwear shirt? That is to say, are they lighter than say a FH loop wheeled none THC or a Real McCoy light weight T? Need something lighter than my FH and SG T's that are on the heavy side.

But don't want a nipple show.

Lastly are these and other Steveson s/s button ups available at the SF location? Thinking of stopping by next weekend.

(Also any words on the new Sugar Cane prices?)

The Stevenson tees are awesome but far lighter in weight than a FH or SG tee, they're great for summer (or warm weather) because of their fit and feel, the tee is soft and light.  I would never be able to wear one under a shirt because its got a pocket.

All the Stevenson S/S shirts are available now at SESF, SC prices are being worked on and won't go into effect for a few weeks.

3sixteen 30BSP, Shadow Selvedge, Double Black, & More

We've just received the long awaited restock of all 3sixteen's jeans including the 30BSP 3sixteen+ jean and all three fits of women's jeans.  

First up we have a restock of the 30BSP Straight Tapered jean.  Made of a hefty 15.5oz sanforized pure indigo dyed Japanese denim woven by Japan's Kuroki Mill and cut and sewn in America.

We get a near daily request for a fit that has room in the upper block but is fairly tapered below the knee.  This jean is a combination of a straight leg jean and a tapered jean for the guy that wants (or needs) room in the upper block but also wants a small leg opening.  The jean comes complete with hidden rivets, coin pocket selvedge, and the most mystical leather patch to have graced a product at our store. 

We've also received a restock of the Shadow Selvedge denim from 3sixteen with an indigo warp and black weft.  The denim was developed by 3sixteen and custom woven by Japan's Kuroki Mill.  The Shadow Selvedge jean comes in both 3sixteen's signature straight and slim tapered fits.  This denim will age over time with a super high contrast fade due to the fact that the jean starts dark yet the blue warp threads are rope dyed with indigo.

Next up we've got the Double Black denim jean, a black denim which has a black warp and weft for a very dark black look.  This jean is stitched together with black thread and comes with a black dyed leather patch.  The Double Black jeans are also available in both straight and slim tapered fits.

For women we've got a restock of 3sixteen+ jeans made of a great pure indigo dyed stretch selvedge denim woven by Cone's White Oak plant.  The denim is made of American Supima cotton which is shipped to North Carolina to be spun into yarn then woven into denim by Cone Mills.  These 3sixteen+ jeans for women come in a skinny fit, a straight slim fit, and a bootcut fit.  All the jeans have a zipper fly and an embossed New York Dolls themed leather patch design.

Along with all these jeans we've received a full restock of all 3sixteen heavy leather belts and bracelets.

from the first line of the SE's 301S description: 

"Japanese Selvedge Indigo Denim (Non-Showing outer seam selvedge)"

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=408

they are made of selvedge denim and my understanding is that the seam you would normally see on selvedge-denim jeans was removed in cutting in order to achieve the 301S fit (which is awesome)

cool! gotcha. Cut does look awesome.

Will Heirloom & Company ever make any more indigo T's? the sky blue one is killer.

I believe they're doing more this fall.

Hey Kiya,

please bring back that 23oz denim in the 634 or 301 cut, thanks! :)

Sorry but that fabric was a limited edition item we made and its now run out, we have a new fabric we worked on that will be out later this year though.

So you said that the DB jeans have shown up at SELA right? Is it possible to try them on? Need to figure out of these should be the next object of desire or if I can hopefully pass on them.... Ill be headin up there tomorrow regardless.

So you said that the DB jeans have shown up at SELA right? Is it possible to try them on? Need to figure out of these should be the next object of desire or if I can hopefully pass on them.... Ill be headin up there tomorrow regardless.

Yup, they're there now.

Sorry but that fabric was a limited edition item we made and its now run out, we have a new fabric we worked on that will be out later this year though.

oha, really looking forward to that then!

you got a tiny bit more info maybe?... just a tiny bit :)

^^ itsbenhere - after you take a look and try them on, give us a rundown on the fit and the denim - thanks

I didn't get a chance to try them on as I was kind of in a hurry, but I did get to fondle them.  They definitely feel very different.  If you're bored with the standard super-dark unsanforized denim these should more than please you.  The feel is very irregular, with ridges in the fabric that make for a really unique texture.  On top of that, the hank-dyed aspect really seems to make the jean look like nothing else I've really seen.  I can't imagine what it's going to look like when it's really worn but I can bet it'll look crazy.  Here's a crappy shot

denim.jpg

Thanks for your review, itsbenhere - much appreciated. Looking more closely at your photo and at those from jstavrin/tmadd (especially the one of him lying down), the denim appears to have beautiful underlying texture with large slubs/knots throughout. And the color of the Ai dye! I'll bet the evo will be something.

Edited by lance

Kiya, will you ever restock on the SExFH loopwheeled t-shirt?

No, all of our collaborative t-shirts are done in limited runs, there are no restocks.

cross-post from 3Sixteen thread:

Question about sizing for 30BSP -- would I get the same size I wear in the SL-100X? Also, the thigh measurements for a size 31 are identical between the SL-100x and the 30BSP on selfedge's site; is this a case of the measurements not telling the full story of how they fit (I assume there is more thigh room in the 30BSP)? Or is it more accurate to think of the 30BSP as a wider-thigh version of the ST-100x, but similar in thigh width to the SL-100x? Thanks! 

cross-post from 3Sixteen thread:

Question about sizing for 30BSP -- would I get the same size I wear in the SL-100X? Also, the thigh measurements for a size 31 are identical between the SL-100x and the 30BSP on selfedge's site; is this a case of the measurements not telling the full story of how they fit (I assume there is more thigh room in the 30BSP)? Or is it more accurate to think of the 30BSP as a wider-thigh version of the ST-100x, but similar in thigh width to the SL-100x? Thanks! 

I would get the same size as your SL-100, the waist runs about the same, true to size.  Also, the fit is fairly different, its more of a case of the measurements not telling the full story.

I received a pre-release pair of the Self Edge x Dry Bones collab and the denim is BEAUTIFUL! Kiya, you really outdid yourself! Unbelievably coarse texture - denim weight feels like 16 ozs. (likely because of the texture), beautiful core dyed Ai color, perfect dimensions, cool leather, that indigo scent - this jean has the best of everything. I have way too much denim so I haven’t bought jeans in a while - pretty much only buy Ai/natural indigo dyed anymore. So glad I bought these; I just may have to buy a second pair. You do lots of interesting projects, but this one has to be among your best - thanks and keep em comin, helluva pair of jeans!