Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Self Edge Product Update

Just a little update as to what has been coming into all of our stores over the past few weeks...

Buzz Rickson

From Buzz Rickson we've received the new William Gibson x Buzz Rickson MA-1 in the "slender long" version, this one has a slightly slimmer fit than your traditional MA-1 jacket. These are made in limited numbers and sell out quite quickly every year, check the product page in our online store for the back-story on these. We've also received more of the navy watch caps in olive, navy, and William Gibson's black, these are super soft and very warm and will outlast any other navy watch cap. Along with the jackets and caps we received a couple of missing sizes in the Buzz Rickson navy pea coat.

Flat Head

A long overdue jean restock has just hit all our stores and our online store. The SE05BSP, F2001, F310, 3009 (F380), and 4001BK have been restocked along with all Flat Head cordovan card cases, wallets, and other accessories. The new flannels we received two weeks ago have been a big hit, Flat Head continues to impress with their flannel patterns.

Himel Brothers Leather

We greatly underestimated the demand for a leather jacket of this caliber with the first run of these selling out within four weeks. We've gotten a full restock at all stores and online and now they go up to size 46, check the online store for updated measurements and full spec lists.

Iron Heart

The 8301s from Iron Heart ended up being one of the fastest selling jeans we'd ever gotten in. That fabric combined with the fit resulted in the perfect slim fitting black jean that ages well over time. We've gotten a full restock of the 8301s along with all other Iron Heart jean models, belts, jackets, and vests. Along with these we've received the Iron Heart N-1 Deck Jacket, easily one of the most rugged outwear pieces we've had.

3sixteen

All 3sixteen jeans have been restocked including the popular Shadow Selvedge and Double Black jeans.

Strike Gold

All stores have received full restocks of all jean and belt models with a full restock of the sweaters and hoodies coming later this week.

Imperial Jeans

We've received a full restock at all stores of every model from Imperial and the indigo versions of the Duke and Shearer are now fully made in Japan.

If I'm a 28 in 710s would I also be a 28 in the SExI14s? The fit on my 710s is a tad slim, not super slim though.

I would say yes if you want a super slim fit.

Speaking of SExI14's I want to order a pair of the black ones. They will be my first pair of unsanforized jeans, so I'm not entirely sure which size to get. Based on the measurement chart, the size 29 would fit me perfectly, pre-soak. Should I get the size 30? I'm worried after a month of wear the waistband will stretch out to be too large.

Sorry for the kinda lame question.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Anyone's Ghost

will the IH N-1 be online anytime soon? a good one's been on my bucket list for a while, some details would be handy

Might I suggest the Stevenson Overall Co. N-1? Fabric and construction are second to none, it's my favorite outerwear piece to hit the shop this season (and we have a lot of good stuff in).

Speaking of SExI14's I want to order a pair of the black ones. They will be my first pair of unsanforized jeans, so I'm not entirely sure which size to get. Based on the measurement chart, the size 29 would fit me perfectly, pre-soak. Should I get the size 30? I'm worried after a month of wear the waistband will stretch out to be too large.

Sorry for the kinda lame question.

Thanks in advance!

If the measurements of the 29 sound perfect then you should buy the 30 and they'll be the right size after a quick warm water soak.

will the IH N-1 be online anytime soon? a good one's been on my bucket list for a while, some details would be handy

Those are going online tomorrow.

Might I suggest the Stevenson Overall Co. N-1? Fabric and construction are second to none, it's my favorite outerwear piece to hit the shop this season (and we have a lot of good stuff in).

I can't see that online, in store only?

Buzz Rickson

From Buzz Rickson we've received the new William Gibson x Buzz Rickson MA-1 in the "slender long" version, this one has a slightly slimmer fit than your traditional MA-1 jacket. These are made in limited numbers and sell out quite quickly every year

damn i really wish i had read this yesterday... i would've drove up to SF to grab one. hopefully my size will still be in stock this weekend

I can't see that online, in store only?

It's going up online later today, its very limited in production, we only got 2 of each size per store.

Stevenson Deck Jacket, Indigo Dyed Button-Over, and Winter Shirts

Self Edge staff across our three stores have been very excited about this release, waiting for the deck jacket and indigo pull-over all season. The shirts display a perfect level of subtle design that only Stevenson can pull off.

We've got a soft shearling lined black deck jacket that fits like a glove, an indigo dyed blue/black button-over that could possibly be the most comfortable item we've ever carried, two woven pattern flannels, and three monogrammed button-downs. A solid offering from a very exciting brand. As usual, these are made in small numbers and will not be restocked.

Check the online store for more photos, specs, and measurements on all these new items

Shop Stevenson Online

STVNSN_SUEDE_01.JPG

STVNSN_SUEDE_03.JPG

STVNSN_SUEDE_06.JPG

STVNSN_KNIT_05.JPG

STVNSN_KNIT_03.JPG

STVNSN_KNIT_07.JPG

STVNSN_GRN_01.JPG

STVNSN_GRN_04.JPG

STVNSN_RED_01.JPG

STVNSN_RED_04.JPG

no measurements on the indigo knit?

Measurements are here:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=92&products_id=1024

I robokopped this piece instantly then spent a week looking at it in my office thinking "how am i going to wear this?" I've now worn it twice and i'm trying to figure out a way to justify wearing it 3 or 4 times a week. Its perfect with a white tee underneath, not to mention how it feels when you have it on.

Kiya, can you share any info regarding the cut of the ROY unsanforised duck coming out?

We'll have photos, specs, and prices up on December 20th. They go on sale December 22 and i'm thinking they're gonna sell extremely fast once the fabric info and pant specs come out.

ROY product selling fast...you dont say. Unfortunately, I will be out of country in the middle of the fucking amazon, so I guess Ill have to wait and see how these turn out

Well yeah.. its a given that his products sell quickly but the last few jean releases have just been restocks of the RS04 and RN04 hence why i thought these new pants would sell faster. Also, this is super unique with how the jean is made of an unsanforized duck fabric.

Hey Kiya,

How's the fabric on the new 30BSP feel? The cut's just right (size 30 in the 30BSP is almost identical to my size 31 S710s.) I'm looking for a jean that will be more comfortable to wear in warmer weather than the very rough and thick denim of the 710s, and the 30BSP looks appealing. I got my friend a pair of the 3Sixteen SL-100X last Christmas and loved how soft and smooth the denim was. It looks like the 30BSP denim is a little thicker, but am I correct in assuming that they probably feel similar overall?

Edited by Cold Summer

Hey Kiya,

How's the fabric on the new 30BSP feel? The cut's just right (size 30 in the 30BSP is almost identical to my size 31 S710s.) I'm looking for a jean that will be more comfortable to wear in the warmer weather than the very rough and thick denim of the 710s, and the 30BSP looks appealing. I got my friend a pair of the 3Sixteen SL-100X last Christmas and loved how soft and smooth the denim was. It looks like the 30BSP denim is a little thicker, but am I correct in assuming that they probably feel similar overall?

The simplest explanation would be that the denim is very similar to the SL-100x denim except its slightly heavier in weight, the shade and feel are similar.

Which SE stores offer darning?

All three offer darning and full repair services.

I've emailed Kiya so many times about the Flat Head BSP's... he's probably going to end up ignoring me when I do buy them. Ugh, if I could just try a pair on pre-purchase, this post would be a non-issue. :(

Just a final verification before I shut up and hand over the money Kiya, how much shrinkage can I expect in the jean. I'd prefer 9.1-9.25 as a final rise, 10.75 at the crotch parallel to waistband, 10.5 one inch under the crotch (SE measurement) and 15 as a waist after stretching. Size 29 is probably right.

Edit: Just noticed SE has a 12% off sale this weekend, no excuses to put off this purchase anymore B)

Edited by rosarkar

The Self Edge "Let's Drink!" SALE - This Weekend!

Here at Self Edge we like to find any reason to drink, and better yet, drink with our customers...

So this weekend we're running a LET'S DRINK sale on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This will be the last time we're discounting anything this year. Come by the store and have a few beers with us and enjoy an 12% off sale on everything in the store (5% off leather jackets).

We'll have quite a few new shirts, jeans, jackets, leather accessories, silver jewelry, and more in the store just in time for the weekend from Iron Heart, Mister Freedom, Flat Head, RJB, Strike Gold, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, Dry Bones, 3sixteen, Yellow Rat, Stevenson, Kawatako, and more.

Come by and check out all the newest releases from every line we carry and restocks of all the jeans from all the brands which we stock. There's quite a bit of new product coming in daily and some will be going up in the online store over the next few days, some will be in-store only until after the weekend.

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 12% (5% off leather jackets) for three days so come by and have a drink and check out our new goods.

SESF and SELA will be serving locally made artisan ales and SENY will be serving Miller High Life or Yuengling because that's how they do it in New York.

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, & SELA:

December 14, 15, & 16 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:

Starts 9am (PST) Friday, December 14

Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, December 17

Sale in-store and online will be 12% off everything, leather jackets are 5% off (Excludes all printed media, CDs, & hems/repairs) Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 12% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday December 14, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) Monday, December 17.

Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 12% off along with free shipping worldwide: KeepDrinking

Coupon Code for 5% off all Leather Jackets: Horsehide

Self Edge Online Store!