Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya,

can you shed any more light on your tweet yesterday about our favorite east bay denim maker and the shirt he will be producing?

The first version will be Japanese chambray, long sleeve, two chest pockets, deadstock buttons, and wild details as expected from Roy. Should be out September 15th or so. No idea on price. Comes in S to XL.

The first version will be Japanese chambray, long sleeve, two chest pockets, deadstock buttons, and wild details as expected from Roy. Should be out September 15th or so. No idea on price. Comes in S to XL.

I hope it's collar-less like the one I saw him in a few months ago... I've considered cutting off collars on some shirts ever since...

This is good news. I have been hoping for this for some time.

Edited by rnrswitch

hey Kiya - are the IH301s's a cut you plan to always stock or do you think they might soon be discontinued? thanks :-)

We get restocks of that jean every two weeks but they normally sell out online within 3 or 4 days.

This is good news. I have been hoping for this for some time.

This shirt definitely has collars but the details are so Roy. It's like subtle craziness that only you'll notice but on the outside it'll look like a standard chambray shirt.

Hey Kiya, what's something similar to 3Sixteen's ST model? Also, I can't wait to see how the store looks after the remodel.

I can't wait to see the store after the remodel too! It's scary, right now the store is an empty box, the construction crew has torn out every corner of it except for the staircase and part of the mezzanine. It's being rebuilt tonight and all day and night tomorrow.

If you like 3sixteen's ST model i would look into these jeans:

Strike Gold SG1109

Flat Head F310

Real Japan Blues 103BSP

To reinforce what Kiya's advised, I've owned 3Sixteen's ST and I can say the Strike Gold's are not only very similar, they are just an amazing pair of denim.

I'm still not sure how they've come from out of nowhere and made such great products, perhaps some kind of Faustian bargain was struck.

Kiya, does IH have plans to ever re-stock the IH 301s-07BK's, or were they a one-off deal?

Nope, no plans to remake that jean.

But this was just released this week from IH (the 301s in the SBG denim):

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=969

I had the Roy RN04's in a w34 which i had to sell after a soak. Too tight on the waist and extremely uncomfortable on the crotch.

Looking at RS04 w34 measurements and RN04 w36 there doesn't appear to be much difference is this the case??

Hey Kiya, will the new SExIHxNY 634's be made from the same denim as the SEXIHXLSXA13 ?

Yes, same denim.

I had the Roy RN04's in a w34 which i had to sell after a soak. Too tight on the waist and extremely uncomfortable on the crotch.

Looking at RS04 w34 measurements and RN04 w36 there doesn't appear to be much difference is this the case??

You mean there isn't much of a difference between the RN04 and RS04 in two different sizes? There is a difference, maybe it doesn't come through in the measurements but the fits are definitely different.

Will the the SExIHxNY 634's have yellow or indigo stitching? (Basically I want the 634's, but the SEXIHXLSXA13 look so good that I'm kinda hoping the 634's look just about identical, but in a 634 cut)

saw the SEXIHXLSXA13 the other day at sela, the denim is insane, wish i could justify a 3rd pair of IH right now, but the shit just lasts too long..

any new IH shirts coming in the next month or so?

No new IH shirts for at least 6 weeks. (we did just add a new t-shirt to our online store though)

Will the the SExIHxNY 634's have yellow or indigo stitching? (Basically I want the 634's, but the SEXIHXLSXA13 look so good that I'm kinda hoping the 634's look just about identical, but in a 634 cut)

It'll have yellow (traditional) stitching.

Edited by kiya

Iron Heart 8301s Super Black Fade-To-Gray Jean and Native Stamp Loopwheeled T-Shirt

Over the years one of our best selling slim jeans has been the Iron Heart 301s. We've done this style in multiple types of denim and are happy to announce that we're finally able to offer it in Iron Heart's 21oz SBG denim. When in it's raw state the fabric looks like Iron Heart's Super Black denim except it ages over time due to how the yarn is dyed. The fabric starts black and fades to a gray then a light gray with normal wear, not unlike a blue indigo dyed jean.

Along with the 8301s jean we've got a new black loopwheeled t-shirt with an awesome graphic in yellow print.

With these two new items all stores have received a restock of the leather and steel cable wallet chains, all jean models (except the 301s which is coming August 23rd), denim jackets, and belts.

Shop Iron Heart Online

IH_8301S_01.JPG

IH_8301S_04.JPG

IH_8301S_05.JPG

IH_TEE1.JPG

is all hemming from selfedge done with a chainstitch?

Yup, unless otherwise specified.

Anyone have any info on the white henley worn by the model in the Iron Heart 8301s ?

Thanx, laz

It's vintage, from the 60's.