Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I think I'm sold.. just need to work out what is most similar to 666/Skull 5010!

1105/2105 is slim straight, no taper.

1109/2109 is slim tapered.

If you're in the Bay Area and want to see some yoyo action...

Saturday is the Bay Area Classic yoyo contest at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, the longest continuously running contest based out of the Bay Area. I used to be an organizer for this contest for three or four years but have since passed the torch to some others.

Both Self Edge and Anti-Yo are sponsors, if you win in any of the five divisions you'll get loads of prizes and Self Edge is giving away hundreds of dollars worth of gift cards.

http://bayareaclassic.com/

pop up store? return of free booze and hijinx to seny?

Yup, October 20th!

Feel The Summer Air with Sunny Sports

We've just received the three final shirts from Sunny Sports' summer collection. Two are button down shirts with front pockets for chilling on the corner and the other is a pull-over made of an amazing kasuri fabric.

These three shirts are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store, check the product pages for full spec lists, measurements, and more.

Shop Sunny Sports

SS_FISH_01.JPG

SS_FISH_05.JPG

SS_FISH_07.JPG

SS_STRIPE_01.JPG

SS_STRIPE_05.JPG

SS_STRIPE_06.JPG

SS_WHITE_01.JPG

SS_WHITE_04.JPG

SS_WHITE_05.JPG

Any info on when there will be a Flat Head F380 restock at SE stores? Thanks.

That model has been replaced with the 3009 which we just got a restock of on friday:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=762

thanks, kiya. does f310 get replaced with 3001, too?

No, they continue producing the F310.

any recommendations as to color on the kawatako card cases?

any specific care instructions?

Thank you.

All three colors are awesome and very vibrant.

Worn in they darken up a lot so if you're worried about it being too bright it won't be after some wear.

No care needed, just use it, they come pre waxed.

ROY_RS04_09.jpg

ROY_RS04_12.jpg

Edited by kiya

Roy's Jeans & The Cone Mills Video - Straight & Narrow Fits

Earlier this year we took a trip to Greensboro (North Carolina) with Roy Slaper to experience the production process of a new denim that was designed from the ground up by Roy himself. We took Kellen Dengler, our videographer from NYC, with us to shoot the process, we felt it wasn't fair to keep it under wraps. At the oldest denim mill in the world, this is the story of Roy's new fabric.

This video was shot in 1080p High Definition, it's best viewed in full-screen HD mode with the volume turned way up.

Roy is back with a restock of the release that sold out in seconds in March. This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced a loomstate unsanforized fabric for anybody, and therefore we feel that this is history in the making.

The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 14.5oz per square yard in it's raw state. The denim is made of American cotton and is 100% pure indigo dyed in the darkest shade Cone produces.

Technically, the construction of the denim.. the warp has multiple sized (engineered) slub yarns and the weft has large rough spun (non-engineered) yarn. It weighs 14.5 in loomstate and approximately 16.25oz after a hot water soak. Roy broke three of his key machines on this run and had to improve them to deal with the heavier denim.

The fabric hand is smooth and tight. Roy had Cone pack as many picks per inch (46 in 6.4 gauge yarn) as could be done without the loom blowing out and therefore achieved the tight weave he was after. There is a sound to the denim, after its been worn a few weeks - when you rustle it, that's somewhere between suede and oil cloth. This is tough fabric.

The look is streaky and it appears grey-ish at first. After rinsing and a few weeks of wear, it starts to change character as the white hairs formed by the fill yarns wear off leaving the streakiness to mellow and the shade to become a more rich, classic indigo.

The jeans themselves come in two fits, both a slim and a straight leg. Both silhouettes are slightly modified from past iterations of Roy's straight and slim fits.

With the RS04 and RN04 a few changes have been made from past models. Never content with just "doing another run", Roy has improved and tweaked everything surrounding the production of these jeans. The stitching of the body is even finer and more accurate and we love the fully lined back pockets and coin pocket. The rear pocket hems now have a hand-done welt in them (slightly thicker than the last run), mimicking the vintage style belt-loops found on many of the best Japanese brands. Last but not least the back pockets have been slightly reduced in size from past versions.

Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time.

Both of these models will be released at noon (local time) on Saturday June 2nd at all three Self Edge stores. These will also be available via our online store at 10am (PDT) on June 2nd.

Roy's Jeans at Self Edge Online

Roy Jean RS04 - Cone Project - Straight Leg

ROY_RS04_01.jpg

ROY_RS04_02.jpg

Roy Jean RN04 - Cone Project - Narrow Leg

ROY_RN04_01.jpg

ROY_RN04_02.jpg

ROY_RN04_03.jpg

ROY_RN04_04.jpg

ROY_RN04_05.jpg

ROY_RN04_06.jpg

ROY_RN04_07.jpg

ROY_RS04_08.jpg

Edited by kiya

Hi KIya

Heads up,

I was in the webstore logged in and it suddenly refreshed and I was logged in to some random dude's account. I could see past orders and full address details. Glitch? If you want more details or want me to try + replicate let em know.

Hi KIya

Heads up,

I was in the webstore logged in and it suddenly refreshed and I was logged in to some random dude's account. I could see past orders and full address details. Glitch? If you want more details or want me to try + replicate let em know.

I've never heard of this happening before, if you can replicate it please email me or PM me with some info.

Kiya btw, the same logging into random guys account happend to me! I logged in and it thought i was a dutch guy.

There was a dateabase issue that we found that we fixed yesterday afternoon.

What happened to you happened today?

New Iron Heart Wabash, Wallet Chains, & 301s Slim Cut Jean Restock

Just received the new version of Iron Heart's wabash shirt, a new woven leather wallet chain, and a full restock of all their jeans.

The new wabash is similar to the past version but the body length has been increased by about 1.5" and so have the sleeve lengths.

This new woven leather wallet chain is pretty wild, to prevent stretching out or breaking the inside of the leather weave is a steel cable that runs the length of the chain. This cable gives the chain a nice heft and feel to it, we wouldn't expect anything less from Iron Heart.

Along with these items we've received a full restock of all Iron Heart jeans including the 301s slim cut. We've also received a full restock of all Iron Heart belts, jackets, and vests. All these items are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Shop Iron Heart Online

IH_BRAID_MAIN.jpg

IH_BRAID_BLK_05.JPG

IH_BRAID_TAN_05.JPG

IH_WABASH_01.JPG

IH_WABASH_05.JPG

IH_WABASH_06.JPG

what model of Flat Head has the tallest rise? Anything in a size 38 waist going to get above a 12.5" rise?

Tallest rise is on the 3009 jean.