Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Is the IH-SW Folding Cordovan Wallet available at SENY or SELA?

Thanks!

Yup, it's available at both.

Kiya,

which jeans that you currently sell are most similar to the sexih01, i bought a size 29 way back when, and to this day, they are still the best fitting jeans i own, was wondering which of the other brands you carry has something most similar to those?

thanks.

I'd say the closest thing would be either the Dry Bones SG1109 or Imperial SEXI14 sized up one.

Last month we had a party at Self Edge Los Angeles, our SELA photographer Farhad Samari shot some photos, check em out.

Lot's of internet famous people in these shots along with Mike Harris from Jeans of the Old West, Christophe from Mister Freedom, MarkMont, Giles from IH.UK, Ajchen/JL77 from 3sixteen, Bin from YMFY, OneManCult, Beatle, and more..

SELAFH_0003-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0009-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0041-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0042-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0045-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0053-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0056-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0064-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0068-Edit-1.jpg

SELAFH_0069-Edit-1.jpg

Iron Heart Beatle Buster OD and SBG Jeans & 12oz Denim Workshirt

We've just received two new jeans from Iron Heart, both in the Beatle Buster fit but in new denim.

Along with the new jeans we've gotten a small run of their new selvedge denim workshirt. This shirt has a great fit to it and due to the shade and feel of the denim it looks as though this may age faster than denim shirts we've carried in the past.

One of the jeans is an overdyed version of the original Beatle Buster and the other is a Super Black jean that fades to gray over time. We've seen a few pairs of these that have been worn for a few months and the denim has aged very well.

Both of these jeans along with the workshirt and a full restock of all Iron Heart jeans, belts, and jackets are available now in our online store and at all three Self Edge stores Check out the product pages in our online store for full spec lists, measurements, and hi-res photos of all the new jeans and shirt.

Shop Iron Heart!

Iron Heart Overdyed Beatle Buster - Slim

IHXB01XOD_00.jpg

IHXB01XOD_00_03.jpg

IHXB01XOD_00_06.jpg

Iron Heart SBG Beatle Buster Jean - Slim

IHXB01XSBG_00.jpg

IHXB01XSBG_00_03.jpg

IHXB01XSBG_00_06.jpg

Iron Heart 12oz Raw Indigo Selvedge Work Shirt (Check out Josh's 4 year old Iron Heart 301s Jeans)

IHSH-53_01.jpg

IHSH-53_03.jpg

IHSH-53_04.jpg

IHSH-53_05.jpg

Dropped off a pair of 21oz Samurais to SESF for a chainstitch yesterday. Had them ship them back to Sacramento. Is there any way I can make sure that the excess denim that is cut off is also shipped back? I meant to ask but forgot cause I was in a hurry to catch the Giants game. Thanks

Dropped off a pair of 21oz Samurais to SESF for a chainstitch yesterday. Had them ship them back to Sacramento. Is there any way I can make sure that the excess denim that is cut off is also shipped back? I meant to ask but forgot cause I was in a hurry to catch the Giants game. Thanks

Pretty sure they do this by default - check in the pockets of your jeans upon return

Call them?!

Kiya,

Just got my IH Ox-Blood Cordovan Wallet and there is a "tan" outline from the inner coin pouch. Is there a product I can use to even out the tone or should I just leave it as it is?

Thx!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27422803@N07/5962197053/

The tone will even out over time. The leather on those is very lightly treated and is uneven even when new. We've seen some with even larger differences in tone and over time they even out and get so much darker that it's hard to tell that it was a different shade to start.

Pretty sure they do this by default - check in the pockets of your jeans upon return

I had my Red-D's hemmed, don't think they do it by default. Would have been really nice to have my 7 inches of cutoff but I can put up with it.

Does SELA repair jeans?

Yes we do, bring em in.

The reason for all this confusion is this..

For four years we never sent the cut-off fabric with the jeans, then about a year ago we started to automatically send the scraps but ONLY from SESF and the online store. We never officially announced that the scraps were being sent, so people were just getting the scraps if they ordered/bought from SESF/Online.

Due to the confusion as to whether or not you have to request your scraps effective immediately you'll be getting scraps regardless of which store you buy from. To be completely honest i thought that SELA was sending the scraps out with the jeans, but we were not there. The other thing to keep in mind is that we mail out very few jeans from NY and LA because all online orders are sent from SESF, so there weren't many jeans even going out. If a customer comes into the store to pick up a jean in person and sees there are no scraps it's a lot simpler because they can ask for them and our guy would go upstairs and grab the scraps for you.

EDIT: FYI, never patch jeans with raw denim scraps. It's not a good idea for multiple reasons all of which i'm sure you can figure out if you think about what's happening when you patch a worn in fabric with a raw fabric that's heavier and stiffer.

EDIT: FYI, never patch jeans with raw denim scraps. It's not a good idea for multiple reasons all of which i'm sure you can figure out if you think about what's happening when you patch a worn in fabric with a raw fabric that's heavier and stiffer.

Truth. I usually patch with a stretch denim (I cut a pair of Nudies into shorts once and kept the legs) so I can repair all my jeans so there is some give in them... Works a charm. Failing that, you could use the scraps but you'd want to soak them first...

Good to know. So is there really any point in keeping the scraps, then? Besides the off-chance of future projects with them or just wanted to hang on to the denim?