Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

do the new features on the 105 pertain to the 106 as well? cuz i see that new pocket pic for the 106 now...

Yup, both jeans now have those special features.

y'all need to jump on these if you're even considering it. i can't take my 106s off.

I need a new pair of jeans because my 106BSP is nearing the end of it's life, i've now taken home two different jeans, soaked them, had them hemmed, and they're sitting in a pile, i actually might have to get the 106BSP again. I can have any jean but i want the same exact pair again, what the fuck.

Self Edge Denim Repair & Darning

We now offer a full range of repair services for all your denim jeans, jackets, and shirts.

We're capable of almost anything you can imagine including putting on new buttons which have come off, replacing zippers, repairing any holes, fixing torn pocket bags, reinforcing leather tags, re-chainstitching broken hem lines, and even installing real iron riveted suspender buttons.

These services are available at both SESF and SENY.

At Self Edge San Francisco we have acquired a 1950's Singer Darning machine and are now capable of repairing all holes in your jeans without the use of patches. This is how jeans were repaired from the turn of the century up until the 1960's. The machine has two threads, both indigo colored (or black/gray for black denim), and essentially creates denim where there is no denim and weaves it into the edges of the torn fabric, it's like magic and far more comfortable and cleaner looking than patching; this was the way all industrial tailors repaired jeans years ago.

Repair terms & pricing:

All garments must be brought into either SESF or SENY, we are currently not accepting mail-ins.

The cost for repairs is a flat $40 regardless of what needs to be done to the garment and $20 if the item was bought from Self Edge.

We will only work on clean garments, if you haven't washed your jeans or jacket in a while a good time to do it would be before dropping them off for repairs.

All work takes between 2 and 6 days depending on our current load.

The magical Singer Darning Machine (c. 1955)

IMG_0004.JPG

Repaired hole in 21oz denim (Warp)

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Repaired hole in 21oz denim (Weft)

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

I need a new pair of jeans because my 106BSP is nearing the end of it's life, i've now taken home two different jeans, soaked them, had them hemmed, and they're sitting in a pile, i actually might have to get the 106BSP again. I can have any jean but i want the same exact pair again, what the fuck.

awwww woe is you :( psh yeah right! lolll

does rjb have a slim version in indigo? your rjbs look really nice, i feel that i would like the denim material

If you want a slimmer version of the 105BSP, you should look at the 106BSP. I believe it's the same denim but for a slimmer fit.

Self Edge Denim Repair & Darning

We now offer a full range of repair services for all your denim jeans, jackets, and shirts.

Will you be opening this up to Superfuturians living in other states in the U.S.A. or in general to more of the U.S.A. anytime soon? I would sure love to get some pocket bags repaired!

picsss of ur current 106BSP pleaseeee

lol kiya i ran in and dropped off your meter card today

I'm confused.. you were Luis' photographer?

How many of each size did you get in for the new 105BSP restock?

Between 4 and 6 of each size.

May be a foolish question. But I understand SELF EDGE offers chainstitching, but do the brands you carry already chainstich from the beginning? Like my Dry Bones, is that a chain stitch on the leg opening? (fyi I don't know what a chain stitch looks like, only its effects/strengths on the denim after time)