Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hi kiya!

I think i'm coming over to west coast next week from London.. so will try pop in to your store. Any recommendations for a tall guy (6'3/4) who wears a 32w in APC, but would like something slightly slimmer than the new standard? Either way, i should be there next week!

Hi kiya!

I think i'm coming over to east coast next week from London.. so will try pop in to your store. Any recommendations for a tall guy (6'3/4) who wears a 32w in APC, but would like something slightly slimmer than the new standard? Either way, i should be there next week!

If you're coming into the store i wouldn't worry about it too much, we've got over 40 different models of jeans for men, most of which have a long inseam, come in a try a bunch of things on.

:( man shoulda checked the website first

<3sorry kiya

much love

wow I wasn't aware that they made the XS the women's size :( i need to buy one now...

I'm a fairly petite girl, and when I first walked into SE I thought that my options would be rather limited, but many of the flannels etc that SE carries fit me pretty well (I have some Flat Head and some IH stuff). So, I would say that checking the measurements instead of focusing on whether the chart mentions women can be helpful; of course that depends on the kind of fit you want, but I do find that the shirts are often not hugely boxy.

I hope that helps / encourages you!

just wondering - why no size 34" belts? do i detect an unpleasant whiff of sizeism here?

(but seriously, wondering if you'd be able to order one of the SCs in that size?)

There's no need for size 34.

Size 32 goes from 30" to 34".

Size 36 goes from 34" to 38".

Sugar Cane Short Sleeve Summer Shirts

Fresh from the never idle hands of Toyo, a batch of three new Sugar Cane shirts perfect for warmer weather.

Two are a fine pin-check fabric which is one of their best sellers and a new Indigo Guam shirt. All three are short sleeve and the two pin-check versions were made for us up to size XL.

All three of these shirts along with a restock of some sizes of the Recycled Denim Sweet Jeans are now available in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65

Blue Pin-Check Short Sleeve Shirt

sc_navy_ss_01_web-786291.jpg

Black Pin-Check Short Sleeve Shirt

sc_blk_ss_01_web-743389.jpg

Indigo Guam Short Sleeve Shirt

sc_check_ss_01_web-743286.jpg

sc_navy_ss_03_web-711487.jpg

sc_blk_ss_04_web-711428.jpg

sc_check_ss_03_web-772406.jpg

sc_check_ss_04_web-772349.jpg

kiya,

are getting those pin check shirts in the longsleeve version as well?

Not till the Fall..

Another sizing question,

If I'm a 40 chest in TFH heavy winter flannel, but I want something slightly slimmer, should I get a 38 or 40 in the Sugar Cane Beige Chambray? Also, the smallest size on the SE chambray is a 40.5 chest, which would shrink to 39.75. I would love to pick one up, but I'm a true 37.5. Are they meant to just be a little looser fitting? Thanks!

before i buy quick question: i seem to be in a gap in sizing on that indigo guam shirt, all my FH shirts are sz 42, and that beige chambray i just picked up was sz L, would you recommend M or L in this shirt?

You definitely need a Medium in the Guam shirt, the L would be far too large on you.

Another sizing question,

If I'm a 40 chest in TFH heavy winter flannel, but I want something slightly slimmer, should I get a 38 or 40 in the Sugar Cane Beige Chambray? Also, the smallest size on the SE chambray is a 40.5 chest, which would shrink to 39.75. I would love to pick one up, but I'm a true 37.5. Are they meant to just be a little looser fitting? Thanks!

Get the Small in the Sugar Cane shirt, it'll end up being what you're looking for if you bought a 40 in a FH shirt.

Any restocks of BSPs in the near future?

Saturday, one week from today.

Iron Heart 634SR 23oz Anniversary Jeans

We're excited to announce the most intense Iron Heart product ever released, their 5th Anniversary 23oz Jeans.

They've really come through with something that's blown us away. For those that always wanted an Iron Heart jean but wanted it to fade with a higher contrast fade but still last near forever, this is it.

For Iron Heart's 5th anniversary they wanted a denim that trumped everything else, something so intense that it would take over 20 different versions to get it right. What we've gotten is a denim that's unsanforized, which is a first for Iron Heart, and is so heavy and rigid that we cannot imagine how amazing it will look with wear. The denim starts out as a rigid 21oz denim, once soaked the true indigo color really comes out and the post-soak weight of the denim becomes approximately 23.5oz, easily the heaviest fabric they've done.

For those that always wanted a pair of Iron Heart jeans and wanted them to fade a bit quicker and have a more intense contrasty fade, this is the jean you've been waiting for. These are limited to 400 pairs worldwide.

Full specs, hi-res photos, and measurements are now available in our online store on the product page. These will go on sale at 10AM (PST) on Thursday, June 18th.

Along with the Anniversary jeans we've received a restock of the very popular 301s/9301 Slim Jeans along with the classic 634s and both black and brown belts:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=468

ih_heavy_01_web-755039.jpg

ih_heavy_02_web-790169.jpg

ih_heavy_03_web-790120.jpg

ih_heavy_04_web-701776.jpg

ih_heavy_06_web-707610.jpg

ih_heavy_07_web-707549.jpg

ih_heavy_05_web-701724.jpg

oooo this looks very nice. if i wear a sz 30 in the seXdb, wat size should i be getting in these bad boys?

I'd say you'd be between a 31 and 32...