Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

We considered bringing in Red Moon, but after seeing samples from both companies and compairing price points, the choice was very clear that KC was superior in quality and the prices are a bit lower.

They're a far smaller company too which is always a plus for me.

my iron heart 634s arrived from self edge a couple days ago. bigups to kiya for his assistance, customer service awesome as always.

IH634S020507I.jpg

IH634S020507II.jpg

IH634S020507III.jpg

these are a 30 (my regular size), and this is the first wear. no soak as yet. originally, i was going to return them and exchange for a 31, as i wanted a looser fit...after talking with kiya and trying them on a couple more times i decided to keep them.

very very happy with the fit at the moment, theyve softened up a bit and the fit is a reasonable amount looser than before.

for reference, i am roughly 5'11"ish, and about 140lbs.

Goddamn those wallets are awesome!

Kiya, was there really a noticable difference in quality between the KC and RM wallets? I've got an RM and I love it so i'd interested in knowing what you found when comparing samples.

I found that the grain and quality of the leathers used on the KC's wallets were higher in quality and texture detail. Also the stitches on all the KC's were done with a higher guage waxed thread.

That, coupled with the fact that the KC's wallets were about 10% to 30% less in cost, it was clear which one we were going to bring in.

It DID take five months to convince KC to allow us to import them into the US though, but in the end it was worth it.

hey kiya, what leather belts you guys have at the store? any info or recommendations would be appreciated

btw, awesome selection of wallets, your display counter looks bad ass now:

DSC05331-784362.JPG

Hey man.. We've got belts from Iron Heart, Sugarcane, and Skulls.

The Iron Heart one is actually on sale in our online store and the Skulls photos can be found on our blog..

We just did the worldwide release of the new Flat Head jeans today, the S5003..

They're on sale in our online store now complete with info and specs:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=208

490726288_4f34fd4a74_o-753349.jpg

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=208

Nice try, but our prices are the same as the Japanese stores and we don't charge shipping. :)

Keep in mind all of our long wallets also come with the chain which many japanese stores charge extra for.

Nice try, but our prices are the same as the Japanese stores and we don't charge shipping. :)

Keep in mind all of our long wallets also come with the chain which many japanese stores charge extra for.

and with that damn 25% off 30 min you almost had me kiya. almost

selfedge for the zing

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, but isn't this one for example $65? Plus maybe $30 for shipping to the States? Seems cheaper to me.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, but isn't this one for example $65? Plus maybe $30 for shipping to the States? Seems cheaper to me.

You are now just being a dick.

:)

KC's makes 215 different wallets ranging in price from $60 to $1950

Pointing out the cheapest one and saying "yours isn't this cheap" makes very little sense, especially when you're not even pointing out a model we carry.

I actually ordered a wallet last November from goodleather, and although I'm very happy with my order, I'd order a KC short wallet from Self Edge. The one that Bill got. goodleather doesn't have that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some photos from my recent trip to Japan..

Benny from Take5Jeans and Tom from Toyo/Sugarcane

DSC00104-702904.JPG

Flat Head Crew

DSC00090-721537.JPG

Iron Heart

snipshot_e418o0nkc6wm-728402.jpg

Hiro (Mr. Skulls)

5yip2ls.jpg

The Flat Head Compound in Nagano [All Cars named after FH Denim Models]

snipshot_e4nm1v71od8-1-767655.jpg

snipshot_e4166t1snkqh-757021.jpg

snipshot_e46k6ixiogn-797263.jpg

snipshot_e4qae19ng3c-1-750031.jpg

The Flat Head Drink at The Cadillac Ranch (Flat Head's Rockabilly Bar)

There were a couple of cars that i didn't get photos of, but i did get this video:

tKXg-nBJR9E