Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Any plans to restock the Iron Heart Rider's Jacket?

October is when the next run is being produced...

Get your tickets.

William Gibson Party at Self Edge, November 9th.

And yes, he will be there.

**This may be a total noob question.**

Is this Cyberpunk William Gibson? And if so, what's the connection between him and flight jackets/buzz rickson?

ishackimagevo3.jpg

The black Buzz Rickson MA-1 was a prominent item in the novel. As you know, it was never made in black…but it fit Cayce's personality. Thus, the Gibson x Rickson line is comprised of all black flight jackets…

Yes, it is the William Gibson.

http://www.williamgibsonbooks.com/blog/2005_12_01_archive.asp

here is a blog posting he made a while ago.

Basically:

a character in one of his novels wore a Buzz Rickson jacket, a black MA-1

Buzz Rickson had never made a black MA-1

Gibson fans and others wanted to buy black MA-1s

Buzz Rickson began to make a whole line of black jackets, pants, shoes, accessories with Gibson's name on them, inspired by the turn of events.

Now Gibson seems to be gladly embracing his associations with Japanese artisan repro gear.

Mr. Gibson has been a huge fan of Japanese clothing for many years, far far far before he ever put his name on the Buzz Rickson line.

hehehe, I thought it would be obvious. I actually have only just read Neuromancer. I keep meaning to buy more of his books...

When I was reading that, I kept thinking that all the characters would be suited out in goth ninja joints, and I started to match them up with sufu people

kiya, i guess it was missed or intentionally omitted (hehe...) but are there any news/specifications to share on the iron heart slim?

hmmm... SE05BSP vs. iron heart slim...

The IH slim jean is pretty far off... I'd say January or so...

damn damn damn. well, skulls 50-10xx restock coming in october?

Yup.........

I'm in Belize doing top secret indigo experiments, so my time spent on Sufu isn't as heavy as when i'm back home.. therefore replies might take a bit longer to get answered.

-We'll be getting a lot of Buzz Rickson, just wait and the items will start to trickle in starting the beginning of October

-F380 restock coming September 23rd

-The only Nudie cuts we carry is what's on the site

-You are correct, IH is almost unbreakable

-SE05BSP shrinks: -5" in the thigh, .4" in the rise, 3" in the length, 1" in the waist

-Buzz Rickson loopwheeled crewneck sweat shirts are coming in October and they've done a special run for us in larger sizes too, also look out of the Self Edge x Buzz Rickson crewneck coming in late October.

Yeah the webstore is down right now. The store is on fire also; things get crazy when Kiya is gone

The store is on fire! Fuck, thats just what we need, even more opportunities for ridiculous wear on your SExFH05BKs.