Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Iron Heart Flannels, Jeans, Wallets, and Keyrings!

We've got a big delivery from Iron Heart this week with two new shirts, a restock of two of their most popular versions of the 777 slim tapered jean, shell cordovan wallets in multiple styles and colors, and brass keyrings in two styles.

Their new flannel is made of a custom 9oz selvedge ombre check which is indigo dyed. These are good for year round wear and the pattern will change over time with regular wear and washing as the indigo slowly fades away. The new micro-fleece shirt may be the coziest shirt ever made by Iron Heart. These things are super comfortable, warm, and are built to last from the buttons to the inner twill-lined heavy wear areas.

Along with these two new shirts we've got new production runs of their cordovan wallets, 777 slim taped jeans in overdyed black and black warp/black weft styles, and brass keyhooks in two styles.  All these items are available now at all stores.

Shop Iron Heart Online

Iron_Heart_9oz_Selvedge_Ombre_Check_Work

Iron_Heart_Micro_Fleece_CPO_Shirt_Cozy_T

ih_777s142OD_34_01-680x1025.jpg
ih_777s142OD_34_03-1025x680.jpg
ih_777s142OD_34_09-1025x680.jpg

ih_777sbb_14oz_34_01-680x1025.jpg
ih_777sbb_14oz_34_03-1025x680.jpg

ih_mid_wallet_oxblood_01-681x1025.jpg
ih_mid_wallet_oxblood_05-1025x680.jpg

ih_spring_clip_01-680x1025.jpg
IH_KEYHOLDER_00-1644x2472.jpg

@kiya, is it still seeming likely that the new TFH shirts will be in by tomorrow? Thinking of trying to stop by the SF store  in the afternoon

(If not, I probably won’t be able to make it in to the city until next week—think I should be worried about them selling out before then?)

4 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

@kiya, is it still seeming likely that the new TFH shirts will be in by tomorrow? Thinking of trying to stop by the SF store  in the afternoon

(If not, I probably won’t be able to make it in to the city until next week—think I should be worried about them selling out before then?)

All stores except SESF have received the shipment, but SF's (hopefully) may arrive tomorrow at some point.  You can call the store before you're ready to head over to check if you'd like.

1 hour ago, dwilson123 said:

Hey @kiya any idea if TFH will be releasing leather jackets you guys will stock?  Or any plans to expand brands of leather jackets you guys stock?

Yes, they're actually doing a small run of Shinki horsehide Delraiser jackets which release March 22nd.  
No plans to carry expand our leather jacket lines as we already carry almost 20 different leather jackets, which is quite a large selection for a retail store.

4 hours ago, kiya said:

Yes, they're actually doing a small run of Shinki horsehide Delraiser jackets which release March 22nd.  
No plans to carry expand our leather jacket lines as we already carry almost 20 different leather jackets, which is quite a large selection for a retail store.

Nice to hear the Delraiser is coming back.  Are they keeping the same dimensions or did they update them?  The 40 fits me near perfect in their older models and I may pull the trigger this go around.

5 hours ago, dwilson123 said:

Nice to hear the Delraiser is coming back.  Are they keeping the same dimensions or did they update them?  The 40 fits me near perfect in their older models and I may pull the trigger this go around.

The new ones should be similar in fit from the last run from almost two years ago.  We'll have the new jackets measured and the size chart updated as soon as the new run arrives in a week or two.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:24 PM, julian-wolf said:

Excited for the indigo linen shirts

Do you know whether they'll be cut the same as previous runs? It's seemed like TFH has made some significant changes to their shirt patterns, in general, over the last few years, & I'm still trying to dial in what works and what doesn't

In case you haven’t had a chance to try this on yet: I just picked one up, and it’s still the very narrow torso that a lot of TFH shirts have. The person I talked to at SE is a similar build to myself, and recommended that I go up one more size than my usual TFH size. I went with a 44 instead of my usual 42, and I’m happy with it. It was a bit longer than I’d like, but perfect fit otherwise. I ran it through the washer and dryer today, and although I didn’t take measurements, I’m guessing it shrank about a centimeter in all directions, which helped with the length. Long story short, I feel like two sizes up from your western size is the way to go, unless you are very slim. It’s a great shirt, I’m happy to finally have one!

Good info, thanks. Checked out the website last week & found out that it’s actually a cotton shirt that doesn’t contain any linen (nor anything besides cotton), and that kinda made me lose interest

Flat Head Winter Flannels and Indigo Dobby Shirts!

FLAT HEAD IS BACK!!!! 

Fuck we’re really excited about this one. After a year long hiatus while restructuring the company Nagano’s finest is back and we’re excited to have their flannels back in stock. They’ve made this new run of flannels exclusively for us without chin-straps because who really wants that stupid thing dangling off the end of a collar? We have two styles of flannels across four different colors in limited numbers as is the case with all Flat Head releases.

We also have a fresh run of their indigo rope-dyed dobby shirts in both short and long sleeve versions which come with custom painted metal Flat Head buttons.

All these items are available now at all stores and as usual with Flat Head, there will be no restocks.

Shop Flat Head Online

1920105222_New_FH_flannels-16.thumb.jpg.777714fc1b1fe31c4bc51fe689dadabc.jpg

Flat_Head_Glory_Park_Indigo_Dyed_Linen_Shirt_Long_Sleeve-7.thumb.jpg.6d0ed1f60efb65e585e491e43441be3e.jpg

Flat_Head_Glory_Park_Indigo_Dyed_Linen_Short_Sleeve-7.thumb.jpg.818d51ce5fe278d6d8e9cd1b51308492.jpg

@kiya The sizing on the new shirts are very different between models. Any insight as to why? I assume order according to size charts, and not actual size label? 

7 minutes ago, mpukas said:

@kiya The sizing on the new shirts are very different between models. Any insight as to why? I assume order according to size charts, and not actual size label? 

If you're referring to the new Flat Head shirts it's because there are three completely different models we just received.  The flannel workshirt style in 3 colors, the vintage Pendleton style in one color, and the indigo dobby shirts in short sleeve and long sleeve versions. Each style is made with a completely different pattern.

@kiya

could you give me sizing advice on the Iron Heart micro fleece shirt? I normally wear a size XL UHF — would I take the same size for the micro fleece? It would appear that some people are sizing down in this one which is why I’m asking. I’d want to wear it like my UHF’s with just a tshirt underneath, as opposed to wearing it like a shacket. 

55 minutes ago, ColonelAngus said:

@kiya

could you give me sizing advice on the Iron Heart micro fleece shirt? I normally wear a size XL UHF — would I take the same size for the micro fleece? It would appear that some people are sizing down in this one which is why I’m asking. I’d want to wear it like my UHF’s with just a tshirt underneath, as opposed to wearing it like a shacket. 

The micro-fleece shirts fit almost a full size larger than other IH flannels, but it's sort of supposed to be worn slightly oversized as opposed to the slim fit of their flannel shirts.  If you want a slim fit as you normally would wear in their flannels I would go a size down.  

15 hours ago, dwilson123 said:

Looks like the Delraisers lit up and I grabbed one.  You weren't kidding with a small batch.  Hopefully the sizes were consistent and accurate on the site.

We got a pretty good run of them at all of our stores and they just landed Thursday morning.  The measurements are all correct so you should be good!

Sugar Cane Black Type II Jacket & All The Jeans

Selvedge black/black denim Type II jackets from Sugar Cane are here! We’ve also received a huge Sugar Cane jean restock at all stores. We’ve got everything from classic straight leg fits to slim tapered fits and everything in between in both indigo and black/black denim styles. We’re also happy to announce that the Sugar Cane 1947 jean now goes up to size 42 exclusively at Self Edge. 

You can find all these jeans along with a new run of the black/black Type II Sugar Cane jacket at all stores.

Shop Sugar Cane Online

SC_493_03-1022x682.jpg
SC_493_09-1022x682.jpg
SC_493_01-682x1022.jpg

SC_2009_4-1025x680.jpg
SG_05-1025x682.jpg
SC_Okinawa_4-1025x680.jpg
sc_hawaii_34_06-1025x681.jpg
SC_BLK_05-1022x682.jpg
Sugar_Cane_2021_14.25oz_Denim_Jeans_Slim

Mister Freedom Snipes Shirt & Iron Heart Japanese Horsehide Type III Jacket

We've got the new Mister Freedom Snipes shirt and Iron Heart horsehide Type III jackets this week!

The Mister Freedom shirts are made of a Japanese mil-spec 100% cotton poplin and finished with corozzo wood buttons, an unstructured one-piece collar, chainstitch construction with narrow seams, and elbow reinforcement patches. Every detail is executed to the highest degree because that’s the only way Mister Freedom knows how to do anything. 

Iron Heart's horsehide Type III jackets are made from tea-core chrome-tanned horsehide in Himeji, Japan and are modified with a slightly longer body than the original Type III version. They come with the addition of two external hand-warmer pockets, two internal "gun" pockets, and an olive cotton twill lining.

You can find both these items at all stores now.

Shop Mister Freedom Online

Shop Iron Heart Online

Mister_Freedom_Snipes_Shirt_Olive_Drab_P

IH_Horsehide_TypeIII_Jacket_1-680x1025.j
IH_Horsehide_TypeIII_Jacket_5-1025x680.j
IH_Horsehide_TypeIII_Jacket_8-1025x680.j
IH_Horsehide_TypeIII_Jacket_10-1025x680.

The Black 1947 Jean from Sugar Cane & Whitesville Blank Tees!

For 74 years we’ve been waiting for a Japanese made black/black 1947 jean, and they’re finally here. Sugar Cane has taken 1947 jean, which we could say is the most solid classic straight leg jean fit of all time, and made it out of their 13oz yarn-dyed black selvedge denim. This fabric has a sulfur dyed warp and a reactive dyed weft, this gives you a deep black jean which will age over time with some decent character, similar to how an indigo jean will age with regular wear.  These are now available up to size 40 at all stores and online. 

We've found that over the years one of our best selling blank t-shirts is Whitesville's Japanese made tees which come in 2-packs. We can rarely keep these in stock so we've had them do a production run for Self Edge so we can be fully stocked across all stores this spring. These are available again at all stores in black, gray, and white.

Shop Sugar Cane & Whitesville Online

Sugar_Cane_1947_Jean_Black-Black_Self_Ed

3 hours ago, kbuzz said:

The size chart on those black jeans is interesting   

does not seem to have anything if you are 36, unless I'm reading it wrong 

Actually the size 38 measures as a true 36 should, 36.5" in the waist.

Poten Summer Collection of Japanese Baseball Caps

Poten’s summer collection is here!

This season we see Poten doing their caps in two new fabrics and a restock of their most popular cap. We have a new blue cotton and linen blend, a very nice washed out black linen, and a restock of their black nylon cap. These hats are crazy nice, nicer than any other straight ahead baseball cap we've ever seen. 

Every cap style has a super soft and supple inner leather headband which has been lightly treated so it’s not destroyed by sweat. 

The caps have zero exterior branding except for the stitches which you can see from the top of the crown from the interior branding tags being sewn into the center of the crown. The cap has a medium height crown and the brim has a medium length to it with 19 concentric stitches which feel and look pretty cool in person. If you're into baseball caps, you'll love what Poten is doing. 

All three of these caps are available now at all stores and online.

Shop Poten Japanese Baseball Caps Online

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Washed_Out_Black

Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Blue_Cotton_Line
Poten_Japanese_Made_Cap_Blue_Cotton_Line

poten_nylon_01-681x1025.jpg
poten_nylon_06-1025x681.jpg

On 3/30/2021 at 5:25 AM, kbuzz said:

The size chart on those black jeans is interesting   

does not seem to have anything if you are 36, unless I'm reading it wrong 

Pretty sure this fabric should stretch back to raw measurements; if you’re a true 36 you’ll be good with a 36

New Spring Releases from Seuvas

One of our favorite shirt brands has ventured into the world of flannels for the first time and it seems they can do no wrong. Seuvas come through with a shirt made of an original selvedge flannel complete with double-needle construction, gusseted side seams, and their signature single Amakusa pottery stone button as the only external branding.

It’s no surprise that Seuvas is capable of producing such nice flannels considering all textiles and even the sewing is done in-house in their own factory in Okayama, Japan. 

Last season one of the biggest hits at our stores was Seuvas’ first foray into a non-canvas garment with their indigo chambray. For their new summer collection they’ve taken that same chambray and done a double-indigo version with an indigo warp and indigo fill yarn. This creates a much deeper and darker indigo shade compared to a traditional chambray fabric.

Both of these shirts along with a restock of a few of their greatest hits are available now at all stores.

Shop Seuvas Online

Seuvas_Heavy_Winter_Flannel_Shirt_Lemon_

Seuvas_Workshirt_Double_Indigo-02-1025x6
Seuvas_Workshirt_Double_Indigo-03-1025x6
Seuvas_Workshirt_Double_Indigo-07-1025x6
Seuvas_Workshirt_Double_Indigo-08-1025x6

Pure Blue Japan SR-019 Super Rough Jeans

Pure Blue Japan's 18oz Super Rough denim is now available in their straight tapered fit. This is the most impressive fabric we've seen from PBJ in quite some time. This 18oz denim is woven at a very low tension with a super short staple cotton, giving the fabric extreme character. These feel and look amazing even when new and are sure to look insane with some wear. 

You can find these along with the slim tapered SR-013 version at all stores.

Shop Pure Blue Japan Online

SR-019:
Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-019_18oz_Super_Rough_

SR-013:
Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-013_18oz_Super_Rough_

Really Nice Loopwheeled T-Shirts from Merz B. Schwanen

Over the past four years Merz B. Schwanen has slowly turned into many of our clients’ favorite basics brand. The combination of attention to detail, breadth of textile styles, and various colors and fibers has turned Merz into a basics powerhouse. Cotton garments are made of organic Greek cotton then loopwheeled on vintage knitting machines in Germany and finished with vintage-correct construction and trim. Everything from the knitting to the cutting and sewing is done in-house at Merz. The attention to detail in their tees, sweaters, and underwear is impressive and we're excited to be able to expand what we stock from them.

We have fresh runs of their loopwheeled t-shirts and underwear along with two special releases. 

We now have their new Sea Island cotton t-shirts, these are so special they come with serial numbered hologram tags. We believe Merz B. Schwanen have made the world’s first Sea Island cotton loopwheeled t-shirt. If you’re a fiber geek or need to enter the final level of the nicest and softest blank t-shirt you’ve ever seen, this is for you. These t-shirts are wild soft and are available now in white or black. 

Lastly we have a fresh run of their mulesing-free fine merino wool loopwheeled tees, available in black or natural. All these items are available now across all of our stores.

Shop Merz B. Schwanen Online