Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

3sixteen's Heavyweight T-Shirts, Pocket Tees, & Henley Tees

We've been carrying 3sixteen's blank tees for many years at our stores, but we've finally gone all in with their t-shirt collection and now stock every color in all three versions.  We have them with no pockets, with a single chest pocket, and a henley version.  All three styles come in white, black, gray, and indigo-dyed navy.  

These are the best tees you can buy at this price, especially considering the knit jersey is custom designed and woven for 3sixteen.  They're built to last, keep their shape even after many washes, and have a nice narrow collar ribbing that's been triple stitched.  

All twelve of these tees are available now at our stores, check our online store for more details.

316_ind_t_1-681x1025.jpg
316_ind_t_2-1025x680.jpg

316_whte_pkt_1-680x1025.jpg
316_whte_pkt_5-1025x680.jpg

316_blk_pkt_2-1025x680.jpg

316_Grey_Pkt_2-1025x680.jpg

316_BLK_03-1025x684.jpg

316_GRY_03-1025x684.jpg

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Hey Kiya, are the new Roy jeans still slated for this summer?
Looking forward to hearing more about them.

I wouldn't wait for those, it could be quite a while before that project is "finished".  In the meantime, he's releasing some of the best shirts I've seen coming from anybody, I personally love those short sleeve shirts he's been doing.  

1 hour ago, alvin_cheong said:

@kiya will you be bringing in the roy shirts?

No, you can buy the shirts directly from his site as he's been doing for a year now.

1 hour ago, ColonelAngus said:

@kiya

is the IH 633S OD something that you'll always have in production? Or is this one of those ultra limited releases that will never be reproduced?

There are no plans to remake the 633s-OD.  We did one big run of them, and the second half of the run arrived at shops just a few weeks ago and once those have sold out we're not sure if there'll be another run.

@kiya What is the denim used on the 633-OD 18oz? Is it IH's 18oz Vintage Selvedge, or another 18oz version? Also, what's the long-term effects of the over dying on the thread and hardware - do they maintain a muted appearance, or does the OD wear off at all? (Honestly, I don't yet get the appeal of OD'ing...) Thanks. 

5 hours ago, mpukas said:

@kiya What is the denim used on the 633-OD 18oz? Is it IH's 18oz Vintage Selvedge, or another 18oz version? Also, what's the long-term effects of the over dying on the thread and hardware - do they maintain a muted appearance, or does the OD wear off at all? (Honestly, I don't yet get the appeal of OD'ing...) Thanks. 

The base denim is the 18oz vintage selvedge denim.

Have you ever handled or worn in a pair of overdyed jeans?  It's a pretty unique thing and has a very unique feel and look to it.  Overdying denim is something IH doesn't particularly well, I've never really seen any other company's overdyed garment look anything like what IH is capable of making.

The hardware all ages during the overdyed process quite a bit, but we haven't seen anything fail due to this aging that the hardware goes through.  The buttons and constructional stitching all look pretty wild after going through the process and over time will wear off as it's washed.

Weaving Shibusa - A Film About Japanese Denim - Available Online!

Weaving Shibusa, the film which we've held premieres in San Francisco, New York City, Los Cabos (Mexico), and Berlin (Germany), is finally available digitally.   

Weaving Shibusa is the story of Japanese craftsmanship and dedication, shown through their love and fascination of denim. The film gives unprecedented access to the mysterious and storied industry of Japanese denim, told by the only people who can; world-renowned vintage denim experts, the highly regarded "Osaka 5", responsible for Japan's denim revival, as well as passionate innovators who's unparalleled work has made "Japanese Denim" synonymous with the highest quality possible.

What makes Japanese denim special is not only the materials, machinery, and techniques, but also the people and ideas behind the process. This film reveals the intense passion and insight behind Japanese denim.  

You can now rent or buy the film online.  This film is best played on a big screen with a nice sound system turned way up.  

WeavingShibusa-682x1025.jpg

Iron Heart 12oz Denim Overdyed Shirt, Mercerized Cotton Selvedge Chinos, & 633 Fit Restocks

Just in from our favorite heavy-duty clothing makers we've got new overdyed denim shirts and black mercerized cotton selvedge chinos.

Iron Heart developed this new fabric they've made out of mercerized cotton, giving the chinos a nice sheen and extra durability.

Along with these new items we've received fresh runs of the 633s-OD overdyed straight tapered jeans, 633s 21oz denim jeans, and the 633s-14 lightweight jean.

IH_Overdyed_Shirt_1-680x1025.jpg
IH_Overdyed_Shirt_4-1025x680.jpg

IH_Chino_Blk_1-680x1025.jpg
IH_Chino_Blk_6-1025x680.jpg

IH633S14_01-682x1022.jpg
IH633S14_03-1022x682.jpg

IH-633S_01-682x1025.jpg
home%20feature%20november__0032_IRON%20H

IH_633S_01-684x1025.jpg
SE%20HOME%20FEATURE%202017_0019_IRON%20H

12 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Watched the film the other day and loved it.

Hah, I dig how it lists the guitar gear used on the soundtrack. The sort of thing that I find fascinating (and maybe, like, two other people on this forum, haha.)

Awesome! Glad you dug the guitar gear list. I figured there'd be a handful of people who would enjoy my modest list of gear. All of it was recorded in our small studio apartment. My wife is a superstar for dealing with all the recording gear and makeshift soundproofing using couch cushions in our small space. 

Globe Specs Summer 2017 Collection of Eyewear

Globe Specs has just released some of the best frames we've seen from them since we started carrying the brand seven years ago.   

With their new Dixie and Plebe models we see them doing one original design made of a lightly treated monel and another of a hand shaped and finished Japanese acetate.  Both frames come in two colors and come with tinted lenses, each lens matches the color of the frame in a complimentary shade.  The lenses can easily be removed and replaced with prescription lenses as these are high-end prescription grade frames.

All four of these frames are available now at all five of our stores and our online store.

GS_Dixie_Gold_1-680x1025.jpg
GS_Dixie_Gold_3-1025x680.jpg
GS_Dixie_Gold_5-1025x680.jpg

GS_Dixie_Silver_1-681x1025.jpg
GS_Dixie_Silver_3-1025x680.jpg
GS_Dixie_Silver_5-1025x680.jpg

GS_Plebe_Bl_1-680x1025.jpg
GS_Plebe_Bl_5-1025x680.jpg

GS_Plebe_Clear_1-680x1025.jpg
GS_Plebe_Clear_5-1025x680.jpg

The Nine Lives Fall Collection of DMT Shirts, Heavyweight Chino Shirts, & Tsuriurake Double-Zip Hoodies

We've just received a fresh shipment from Nine Lives containing their new collection of shirts and double-zip hoodies.  

We have two new colors of their insane DMT shirts with a beautifully woven fabric, uniquely cut and shaped shoulders, and a great fit.  These now come up to size XXL.  

Nine Lives has done their take on a chino shirt using a custom woven yarn dyed 19oz chino fabric.  The shirt has hidden buttons under the placket and shoulder gussets for comfort.

We've also received their new double-zip hoodies.  These are made of an in-house developed true-loopwheeled tsuriurake fabric, have structured seams throughout, and is finished with a heavy duty double-pull zipper.

All these items are available now at our stores and in our online store. 

9L_DMT_Charcoal_1-680x1025.jpg
9L_DMT_Charcoal_5-1025x680.jpg

9L_DMT_Tartan_1-680x1025.jpg
9L_DMT_Tartan_4-1025x680.jpg

9L_Chino_Wrksht_1-680x1025.jpg
9L_Chino_Wrksht_4-1025x680.jpg

9L_Blk_Hoodie_1-691x1025.jpg
9L_Blk_Hoodie_4-1025x680.jpg

9L_Gray_Hoodie_1-680x1025.jpg
9L_Gray_Hoodie_8-1025x680.jpg

2 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

New model's too handsome. Not authentic. DON'T APPROVE!

If Trump doesn't like it then it means we're doing it right.

Studio D'Artisan Supima x Giza Cotton Denim Jacket

This week we have a limited edition jacket released by Studio D'Artisan.  

Studio D'Artisan blend two of the world's finest cottons to create a denim with a unique hand-feel that not only feels great to the touch but will also age well due to the weave and unsanforized nature of the denim.

This new Type II jacket is available now in limited numbers at all of our stores and in our online store.

SDA_TypeII_1-680x1025.jpg
SDA_TypeII_4-1025x680.jpg
SDA_TypeII_6-1025x680.jpg
SDA_TypeII_11-1025x680.jpg
SDA_TypeII_12-1025x680.jpg

Stevenson Recon Indigo Ripstop Fatigue Pants & Loopwheeled Sleeveless Hoodies

After all these years we've never carried a pair of fatigue pants at our stores, that is until now.  Stevenson Overall have outdone themselves with their take on a fatigue pant.  They've started by developing a custom indigo-dyed 100% cotton ripstop fabric, first time we've seen this before from any brand.  Then they've taken the pattern of the traditional fatigue pant and reworked it from the ground up with side pockets which actually turn into the seat of the pant, an articulated knee, hidden buttons on the pockets, and an elastic drawstring at the hem.  These are perfect.

We've also received their yearly sleeveless hoodie, perfect for whenever you need something like a sleeveless hoodie.  We're not sure when that moment will be for you, but we love these things.  These are made out of an oatmeal colored loopwheeled fabric which is soft to the touch and has a nice weave pattern which will open up over time.

Both of these items along with a full restock of Stevenson's short sleeved sweaters, jeans, and denim shirts are available now at all of our stores.

stevenson_ripstop_pants_1-1025x1544.jpg
STVNSN_BPANT_01-682x1025.JPG
STVNSN_BPANT_02-1025x682.JPG
STVNSN_BPANT_03-1025x684.JPG
STVNSN_BPANT_04-1025x684.JPG
STVNSN_BPANT_05-1025x684.JPG

Stevenson_Sleeveless_1-680x1025.jpg
STVNSN_SWTVEST_02-1025x684.JPG
STVNSN_SWTVEST_04-1025x684.JPG

Iron Heart Pink & Gray Ultra-Heavy Flannel and 18oz Denim CPO Shirts with Hand-Pockets

We've just received the first batch of must-have Iron Heart shirts this year.  They have a new color in their Ultra-Heavy Flannel line, this one is a perfect combination of pink and gray creating a soft washed out hue which we think is one of the best colors they've done.  

We've also received new 18oz denim CPO shirts with hand pockets.  These are made of an Iron Heart developed 18oz Japanese selvedge denim and comes in a regular indigo version and an overdyed version of the same shirt.  Both come with oversized Iron Heart copper snap buttons and twill lined cuffs, collar stand, and pockets.

All three of these shirts along with a restock of Iron Heart's jeans are available now at all of our stores and in our online store.

ih_pink_flannel_1-680x1025.jpg
ih_pink_flannel_5-1025x680.jpg
ih_pink_flannel_7-1025x680.jpg

ih_heavy_cpo_1-680x1025.jpg
ih_heavy_cpo_6-1025x680.jpg
ih_heavy_cpo_6-1025x680.jpg

ih_overdyed_cpo_1-680x1025.jpg
ih_overdyed_cpo_5-1024x680.jpg
ih_overdyed_cpo_6-1025x680.jpg

Sugar Cane Indigo Gradient Yarn Henley Tees & Sun Surf Palaka Shirts

Toyo has just released two unique summer shirts; one is a henley tee made of a custom dyed indigo gradient yarn and the other is a limited edition Sun Surf palaka farm workshirt which comes in a special box.  

Along with these two new shirts we've received a full restock of Sugar Cane's entire line-up of jeans.

Both of these shirts and the jean restock are available now at all of our stores.

sc_hank_dyed_t_1-680x1025.jpg
sc_hank_dyed_t_11-1601x1200.jpg
sc_hank_dyed_t_6-1025x680.jpg

sc_palaka_1-680x1025.jpg
sc_palaka_5-1025x680.jpg
sc_palaka_8-1025x680.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Self Edge End-Of-Summer Sale - This Weekend!

[IMG] 

We're having an End-Of-Summer sale this weekend at all of our stores including our online store. 

It's not often we have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 15% for four days; come by and check out our new goods, we even have some new fall collections in stock including many recently received summer items.

Self Edge Online & In-store Sale:
Starts 9am (PST) Friday, September 1st
Ends 9am (PST) Tuesday, September 5th

Sale in-store and online will be 15% off (excludes hems/repairs/magazines/books). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 15% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday September 1st, the coupon code will be good until 9am (PST) Tuesday, September 5th.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 15% off in our online store: SummerSeventeen

What's the deal with sizing for the Stevenson fatigues? Last thing I picked up from you was the yenim and I got away with a size 34. Looks like with the Stevenson's I could pull off a 32 but maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I should just get off my lazy ass and travel the 3 miles to LES to try them on...

2 hours ago, marcusV2 said:

@kiya Just making sure- The store doesn't actually open at 9AM, the online sale begins then, correct? Thanks!

Online sale starts at 9am, our store hours can be found here:

http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=information/locations

2 hours ago, Bigyen said:

What's the deal with sizing for the Stevenson fatigues? Last thing I picked up from you was the yenim and I got away with a size 34. Looks like with the Stevenson's I could pull off a 32 but maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I should just get off my lazy ass and travel the 3 miles to LES to try them on...

Yup, you'd be a 32 in those new Recon fatigue pants.  Those things are fucking crazy good, seriously. The fit, details, and fabric are just so perfect.