Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

^kiya, will you guys be adding new items as the sales goes on as (if I recall correctly?) was done in the past? Scored some of my favorite FH shirts from the last sale admittedly!

We may be adding a few things, but almost everything is already up there.. prices will be reduced every few days till everything is gone.  

I guess the sale started early?

It took us a while to get everything properly tagged, priced, and put into a new segment of our site so we started early so it would all be up by this morning.  

Was going to get the dobby, but it looks like the sale did indeed start early. Oh well!

We only had 1 size left in that shirt.

Are any of the sale items in stock at the Self Edge stores? I'm eyeing the flat head sneakers and the Sugar Cane Madras shirts...

Yup, a lot of the stock is at the stores but it's selling so fast that i'm not sure it'll be around for much more than a day or two. 

The sneakers.. if they're showing in-store then they're at SENY.   The madras shirt is at SELA.

Hi Kiya for the Flathead sneakers, are they sized the same as the Lofgren Champion sneakers?

I'm personally the same size in all FH sneakers as my Lofgren sneakers.

Didn't you get your warehouse and flat heads for killer deals? That's goood luck!

Yeah and if the brogue rangers would fit I would've gotten them for 50% off, too ;) It's not luck though, just patience, I guess. (Or rather, jumping at opportunities, since those all have been pieces I didn't actively pine for or something.)

@Kiya, how do the Ace engineers run size-wise?

I typically wear an 8 for a pretty solid fit when it comes to boots. Curious if I could squeeze into a 7.5 potentially. I'm thinking it's a stretch but worth investigating.

I find they run true to size, similar sizing to Lofgren, Whites, and Wesco boots.

Lady White Athletic Socks & Papa Nui Fall Cap Collection

Just in from Lady White are a set of athletic socks manufactured in Nagoya, Japan by master craftsmen with over fifty years of hosiery experience.  These are available in both natural and olive.

We've also receive the new collection of Papa Nui caps, each with its own backstory and great attention paid to every fabric used, the stitching, and of course the branding.  The Hell on Keels cap is available in a navy melton wool and the Devastator comes in a herringbone twill or a 9oz indigo denim.

All these items are available now at all Self Edge stores.

LW_SOCK_01-684x1025.jpg

LW_OLIVE_01-684x1025.jpg

PAPA_WOOL_01-812x1300.jpg
PAPA_WOOL_06-1025x684.jpg
PAPA_WOOL_05-1025x684.jpg

PAPA_GRN_01-949x1519.jpg
PAPA_GRN_07-1025x684.jpg

PAPA_DNM_01-834x1255.jpg
PAPA_DNM_06-1025x684.jpg
Edited by kiya

Self Edge Presents Weaving Shibusa - A Film About Japanese Denim - New York Premiere

This Friday, October 14th, is the New York premiere of Weaving Shibusa, a film about Japanese denim and the artisans and designers which produce it.  The premiere is being held at the Made in NY Media Center in Brooklyn, NY.  Tickets are available now along with Toyoda loom hard enamel pins and the film soundtrack, which was written and performed by SESF’s Young Lee.  

Click here for more information about the film, the premiere, and for full film credits.  Hope to see you there!

WeavingShibusa_NYC%20Vert.jpg

New Flat Head Shirts, Delraiser Horsehide Jackets, & Various Shell Cordovan Wallets and Card Cases

Flat Head has just delivered to us a large shipment of new shirts, jackets, and wallets.  

We have three new shirts including one which is a beautiful combination of a seersucker fabric with a check pattern woven in over the seersucker; this shirt is also made up to size 48, a first for Flat Head.  Flat Head has also reproduced their popular sawtooth denim shirt and is now made up to size 46 for the first time.  

The best selling leather jacket at our stores is Flat Head's Delraiser jacket, it's a custom designed "toned down perfecto" style jacket made exclusively for Self Edge.  This is the ultimate version of this style jacket, from the fit to the leather, it's unreal.  We get these once a year and they've just hit all stores this week.

Along with these shirts and jacket we've received a fresh run of shell cordovan wallets and card cases from Flat Head along with a small restock of the cordovan and cowhide Wild Child wallet.

All these items are available now at all Self Edge stores.

Shop Flat Head Online

FH_REDSTRIPE_01-684x1025.jpg

FH_REDSTRIPE_07-1025x684.jpg

FH_GREY_01-684x1025.jpg

FH_GREY_06-1025x684.jpg

FH_BLUE_101-684x1025.jpg

FH_BLUE_106-1025x684.jpg

fh_01-683x1025.jpg

fh_01_02-1025x683.jpg

FH_MOTO_002-682x1022.jpg

FH_MOTO_07-1022x682.jpg

Hey Kiya, I have a question about Lady White sizing.

I fit in tshirts that measure in 46cm shoulders and 68cm in width for Japanese tshirts (44-46in chest). I typically fit in U.S. Tshirts that measure at 18 1/4 in the shoulders and 21 1/2 in the chest. Would a size large be best for me or a size XL in Lady White? Thanks.

Hey Kiya, I have a question about Lady White sizing.

I fit in tshirts that measure in 46cm shoulders and 68cm in width for Japanese tshirts (44-46in chest). I typically fit in U.S. Tshirts that measure at 18 1/4 in the shoulders and 21 1/2 in the chest. Would a size large be best for me or a size XL in Lady White? Thanks.

I would definitely go for a Large, the XL will be too big on you even after a wash.

@kiya, damn I can't figure if I need the denim CPO or not...Is the fit pretty loose? I'm in between a Flathead 38 and 40 in shirting but would wash it frequently if I did get it, so would err on the larger side of things. Think a M or L would be best? (I usually wear L in Japanese sizing lately)

@kiya, damn I can't figure if I need the denim CPO or not...Is the fit pretty loose? I'm in between a Flathead 38 and 40 in shirting but would wash it frequently if I did get it, so would err on the larger side of things. Think a M or L would be best? (I usually wear L in Japanese sizing lately)

I'd say if you're between a 38 and 40 in FH you'd be a Medium in the denim CPO. 

I'm a 40 in FH and can actually fit into the Small of that shirt.

Edited by kiya

what if one has a snug fit in most sz 40 flathead shirts? still a M in the denim cpo? :ph34r:

I would say go up to a Large in that denim CPO.

3sixteen x CHUP Socks, Crosscut Flannels, & High Rise Skinny Women's Jeans

A shipment of socks, shirts, and jeans from 3sixteen has just landed at all of our stores.  

They've gotten together with Japan's famed CHUP company to produce a set of patterned socks where the blue/navy areas are indigo-dyed; over time the sock's pattern will change as the indigo wears and washes out.

We've also received this year's version of their popular crosscut flannel shirt, this time in a great orange color

We know many have been waiting for a higher rise skinny jean from 3sixteen+ and they've finally arrived.  These are available now in both an indigo denim and a black/black "eyeliner" denim.

316_AUTUMN_01-684x1025.jpg
316_AUTUMN_07-1025x684.jpg

316_CHUP2_01-684x1025.jpg
316_CHUP1_01-684x1025.jpg
316_CHUP2_04-1025x684.jpg

316_66BSP_01-684x1025.jpg
316_66BSP_06-1025x684.jpg

316_766BSP_01-684x1025.jpg
316_766BSP_05-1025x684.jpg