Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Introducing Monitaly - Every Stitch Has A Soul

Since 1989 Yuki Matsuda has been creating beautiful garments under the label Monitaly. Always pushing the envelope of design and textiles; we've seen this line bypass trends for 27 years now. 

We're proud to add Monitaly to our (small) roster of brands and hope you enjoy the details and designs which Yuki and his team are able to create.

That's pretty rad. Been into that brand for a while but never can actually check it out. Now if you guys can only stock this gem. 

M20006-RANCH-COAT-CONE-DENIM.jpg?format=

The Self Edge End-Of-Summer Sale - This Weekend!

We're having a End Of Summer sale this weekend at all of our stores including our online store. 

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 13% for three days; come by and check out our new goods, we even have some new fall collections in stock including many recently received summer items.

Self Edge Online & In-store Sale:
Starts 9am (PST) Friday, September 16th
Ends 9am (PST) Tuesday, September 20th

Sale in-store and online will be 13% off (excludes hems/repairs/magazines/books). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 13% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday September 16th, the coupon code will be good until 9am (PST) Tuesday, September 20th.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 13% off in our online store: SummerSixteen

Figured one would get a kick out of watching this guy.

Side note, I just purchased a pristine William Gibson X Buzz Rickson MA-1 jacket for $280. Been wanting one for the longest time since I tried it on at SENY but never pulled the trigger. I'll be sure to post some fit pictures once I get it. 

Edited by yo_mj

Been eyeing the Strike Gold 3109s for a while, figured there was no better time than now to go for these.  Would've preferred to buy in store at SELA but I'll be out of town all weekend, can't wait for these to get in! Thanks for letting us know about the sale, Kiya!

Got these in a size 30, there's a little room in waist, would probably fit perfectly after soaking, but the thighs/knees fit exactly how I want them to now. Anyone know what shrinkage is like on these? Don't want them to be too tight through the leg but worried they would be too loose in the waist if I size up.

Got these in a size 30, there's a little room in waist, would probably fit perfectly after soaking, but the thighs/knees fit exactly how I want them to now. Anyone know what shrinkage is like on these? Don't want them to be too tight through the leg but worried they would be too loose in the waist if I size up.

The 3xxx denim from Strike Gold doesn't shrink nearly as much as their other denim, with a 30 minute cold soak you could keep the thighs/knee pretty close to raw.

For getting a repair done at SESF, do I have to do anything special (like appointment or anything)? Was just planning on walking in on Saturday and dropping them off. Thanks!

No need for an appointment, just come in and drop them off anything.  Please make sure they've been washed within the past couple of weeks.

Iron Heart Ultra-Heavy "Return Of The Purps" Ombre Flannel Shirts

Iron Heart just hit us with a new version of their very popular purple ombre flannel shirts, available now in both workshirt and snap buttoned versions.

Along with these new flannels we've received fresh restocks of all Iron Heart jeans including the slim tapered 8301s SBG black jean.

IH_PRP_WK_01-684x1025.jpg
IH_PRP_WK_04-1025x684.jpg
IH_PRP_WK_06-1025x684.jpg

IH_PRP_01-684x1025.jpg
IH_PRP_06-1025x684.jpg
IH_PRP_07-1025x684.jpg

how often do people try to drop off their nasty never washed jeans for a repair?  

it's not super often but often enough that we make sure to always say "please wash your jeans before bringing them in" whenever it comes up. I also ask people to let their jeans dry completely before bringing it in...that's almost as bad as dirty jeans. 

While in Austin this week i met up with a few friends and forum members, first time i saw three well worn in Flat Head Wild Child wallets in one room, had to shoot a photo of it..

Clockwise from the top: Mine at 7 years, Vance's at 5 years, and Broark's at 2 years.

IMG_9751a%20copy.jpg
Edited by kiya

^^ Those look great. I picked one up from SESF a couple of weeks ago during the sale and the construction is a work of art. Question though: Does the wallet ever get softer over time? It definitely flattened out a bit since I got it but it's still uncomfortable to sit on when I have it in my back pocket especially during long drives... 

^^ Those look great. I picked one up from SESF a couple of weeks ago during the sale and the construction is a work of art. Question though: Does the wallet ever get softer over time? It definitely flattened out a bit since I got it but it's still uncomfortable to sit on when I have it in my back pocket especially during long drives... 

The wallet flattens out quite a bit over the first few months of wear, by about six months it should be quite thin unless you really overfill every card slot.

Honestly, you should probably take out any wallet you're sitting on for long drives. Your back will thank you! I wish I did that sooner....

Studio D'Artisan Shirts, Nirvana Tees, Loopwheeled Pocket Tees, Indigo Dyed Watch Caps, and SD-507 Restock

Studio D'Artisan have just hit us with a strong shipment of shirts, loopwheeled blank pocket tees, indigo dyed watch caps, an SD-507 jean restock, and one very strange Nirvana t-shirt.

The short sleeved shirts are a standout from this current collection.  We have a mixed camo shirt, a wabash with some fine detailing, and a check flannel with indigo-dyed navy yarns.

The loopwheeled blank t-shirts are of the quality you'd expect from SDA with a rounded chest pocket and a true loopwheeled fabric that will become better with age.   Make sure to check out the Nirvana t-shirt, it's a doozy.

Shop Studio D'Artisan Online

DA_CAMO_01-684x1025.jpg

DA_CAMO_07-1025x684.jpg

DA_BLUE_01-684x1025.jpg

DA_BLUE_04-1025x684.jpg

DA_FLANNEL_01-684x1025.jpg

DA_FLANNEL_05-1025x684.jpg

DA_ROCKTEE_01-890x1338.jpg

DA_ROCKTEE_07-1025x684.jpg

DA_BLK_01-682x1025.jpg

DA_BLK_03-1025x684.jpg

Iron Heart Ultra-Heavy Block Check Flannels & Alpaca Lined N-1 Jackets

We've just received a shipment from Iron Heart containing what they really excel at, heavyweight and warm garments.  

We now have the ultra-heavy block check brushed flannels in green, red, and purple along with their new and improved N-1 jackets made of a whipcord cotton outer and a soft alpaca lining.

IHSH-GRN_01-684x1025.jpg
IHSH-GRN_05-1025x684.jpg

IHSH-PURP_01-684x1025.jpg
IHSH-PURP_07-1025x684.jpg

ISHS-127_01-684x1025.jpg
ISHS-127_05-1025x684.jpg

IH_BLACK_01-684x1025.jpg
IH_BLACK_10-1025x684.jpg

IH_TAN_01-684x1025.jpg
IH_TAN_13-1025x684.jpg

se%20warehouse%20sale%20updates%20graphi

The Self Edge Online Warehouse Sale - Starts Friday October 7th!

Every few years we do a warehouse clearing session across all of our stores.  We have past season items from nearly every brand we carry.. everything from jeans, shirts, jackets, and more.

All items are marked down 30% to 70% off.  Everything being sold is in new/unworn condition and prices will be reduced every few days until everything is gone.  All sales are final and discounts are not available for past sales.

Our Warehouse Sale will start at 9am (PDT) on Friday, October 7th and can been accessed by clicking here.
Edited by kiya