Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Nice!

50/50 is pretty easy to stretch no?

Also, since it is in Mexico, how does taxes/duty work?

Email us and we'll give you the rundown, it's quite simple actually, and shipping is still free to you.

3sixteen x Schott Black Leather Perfecto Jacket

3sixteen's first collaboration with Schott NYC comes in the form of a black leather Perfecto jacket.  This jacket is built from their 519 fit, a modernized version of the original Perfecto from 1928.  

The leather is a beautiful naked cowhide with no topcoats to allow the natural feel and look of the leather to shine.  

Limited to 100 jackets and available now at all Self Edge stores and via our online store.

SCHOTT_LEATHER-MAIN-884x1329.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-12-1022x682.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-04-1022x682.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-05-1022x682.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-06-1022x682.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-07-1022x682.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-09-1022x682.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-10-1022x682.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-11-1022x682.jpg
SCHOTT_LEATHER-15-1022x682.jpg

Sugar Cane for Self Edge - Lightweight Okinawa 509SE Jean

These are limited to 90 pairs and only available at Self Edge Mexico or you can order a pair (with free shipping) by emailing us.

Did the ordering process change? I can see them in the online shop currently...

Should I proceed to order there or should I send an email?

Did the ordering process change? I can see them in the online shop currently...

Should I proceed to order there or should I send an email?

Yup, you can now order them online like normal!

Introducing Studio D'Artisan - The First Of The "Osaka 5"

One of the lines we fell in love with in the 90’s when we first discovered Japanese denim was Studio D’Artisan.  Known as the first of the “Osaka 5†companies to have started the Japanese denim industry which we know today.  Studio D’Artisan were the first ones to use deadstock hardware on their jeans and the first ones to create shuttle loom woven hank dyed jeans in Japan.  They’ve maintained a playful image over the years, which is one of our favorite things about the brand.  After nearly 40 years they still find humor in every element of what they do. 

We hope to grow with this legendary Japanese company and bring you a wide range of what they produce; from jeans to belts to shirts to sweaters, it’s all done very well.  We’ll be getting new deliveries every two months throughout the rest of the year to round out the selection of what Studio D’Artisan offers and have some very special releases planned for later this year. 

Shop Studio D'Artisan Online

SD-107_01-682x1022.jpg

SD-107_06-781x520.jpg

SD-107_05-1022x682.jpg

SD-507_01-682x1022.jpg

SD-507_07-1022x682.jpg

SC%20SWTSHIRT_01-682x1022.jpg

SC%20SWTSHIRT_04-1022x682.jpg

DART_BLK_01-1119x1682.jpg

DART_BLK_04-1022x682.jpg

Kiya is there any way to get fit pics of all the t-shirts added to the website? I know it's a tall order, but it sure would be helpful. I'm trying to find a new go-to white t.

There currently are no plans to shoot fit pics of all the tees in our webstore, but the fits of them are fairly standard as we don't sell anything too out there in terms of our t-shirts.  The measurements listed should help you choose the correct size and most of the tees we sell are somewhat slim/classic fitting t-shirts, only the Mister Freedom ones are a little different in fit than the rest.

I'm mostly concerned with how the sleeves fit. I prefer more fitted sleeves rather than big floppy oversized sleeves. Which brand is best in this regard?

Honestly the sleeves on all the t-shirts we sell are quite slim with the exception of the Mister Freedom tees.  The Strike Gold and Stevenson (single tees, not 2-pack) tees have the slimmest sleeves and the 3sixteen and Whitesville tees come in a close 2nd.

Edited by kiya

Whitesville, I believe, are in store only.

Until next week, then they're going online.

We've been selling these in-store for 2 years at SELA and SENY, but i underestimated the demand for a well made t-shirt with a suspicious name, so they're going online next week in black, white, and gray.

Whitesville? Not seeing that one. The 3sixteen t's are great but the neck holes are too small and they're a bit on the short side. The Strike Gold t's look promising, how are the Lady White's?

Lady white tees have pretty fitted sleeves and decent room in the body and length. I would say they were developed with western body types in mind. For me they are a bit too heavy for 90 degree weather though.

I really, really love TSG's crew necks.  It feels almost like an iteration on the FotL heavy t-shirt that almost all my band shirts were printed on.  I loved that fit when I was in college and now I love my Strike Gold shirts.  They fit really similar for me.

I have bough two pairs of denim from the LA SE. Sugar Cane 2009 and Iron Heart 633S. Great customer service!

Awesome, thanks for that!  

We have a load of new stuff hitting SELA in the next week or two, summer collections from Stevenson, Iron Heart, and Flat Head start coming in next week.

Sugar Cane Raw Unsanforized Type II Jacket - Modified Length & Larger Sizes

We've always loved Sugar Cane's version of the classic 1950's style Type II denim jacket.   They've gotten the denim feel right, the stitching is perfect, the iron buttons are classicly reproduced, and deer skin patch ages just as well as the denim itself.  Normally this jacket is available only in a one-wash version.  If you want an unsanforized denim jacket to age well over time we recommend buying a raw non-wash version.  The industrial washing and drying softens the denim to the point where aging over time will be less defined (this is even more true on a denim jacket where wear is harder to come by), therefore we recommend doing the water soak of the jacket at home.  Sugar Cane has made a batch of these jackets exclusively for Self Edge in a non-wash raw version which is 1.5" longer in the body length so it can be worn with an un-tucked shirt. Also for the first time ever these are made in larger sizes.  

Along with the Type II jacket we've received a full restock of all Sugar Cane jean models, cowhide leather belts, and Whitesville tees (tees are in-store only). 

SC_DENIMJACKET_01-682x1025.jpg
SC_DENIMJACKET_06-1025x682.jpg
SC_DENIMJACKET_10-1025x682.jpg
SC_DENIMJACKET_09-1025x682.jpg
SC_DENIMJACKET_08-1025x682.jpg
SC_DENIMJACKET_07-1025x682.jpg
SC_DENIMJACKET_05-1025x682.jpg
SC_DENIMJACKET_04-1025x682.jpg
SC_DENIMJACKET_03-1025x682.jpg

Kiya those New Mexico only sugar canes... How close is that denim to the open weave from the SExSC06? That was my favorite denim ever.

It's somewhat similar except these are lighter in weight and the fit is improved.  It's a really good slim fit, i wish we had more denim so that Sugar Cane could make more of these but we used the last of the fabric.

Hey Kiya! 

Didn't manage to get to the SF LA store but managed to swing into the SF store last night at around 6:30PM, had to weave and duck through the pride parade to make it in 

Wicked store and you have some pretty cool people working there! Tried on a few short sleeve FH shirts which didn't work out (too much bench press :/) but i snagged one of the SE feather rings with gold inlay! 

I've been looking for a cool feather ring and i knew this one fit the bill, seeing it in person sold me on it instantly! 

kiljMOU.jpg

San Fran was awesome and I'm thinking that'll be the next place i try to move to, love it there! 

Thanks mate! 

Edited by karanimal