Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hey Kiya is there a new online release date for Studio product?

Thanks

We've gotten so many new things in it's taking longer than usual to put it all up online.  We should have the initial SDA stuff up next week!  

I just wanted to say that: I am infinitely glad you are pushing for a Straight Tapered cut more Kiya.  The cut just works better for me an with my tastes and for making it more accessible with cooler denims, thank you.

Also for being a rad human being in general.

Edited by FLDenim211

Summer Collections from Sugar Cane, Sun Surf, Star of Hollywood, & Duke Kahanamoku!

We've just received a huge shipment of shirts along with one special denim jacket.  

We've always thought there's a lack of good black denim Type II jackets so we got together with Sugar Cane to make one.  We took their traditional Type II and we lengthened the body by a hair and had them produce the jacket up to size 44 for the first time.  It's made of Sugar Cane's 13oz yarn-dyed selvedge denim where the warp yarn is sulfur dyed and the weft yarn is reactive dyed.  These are available now in limited numbers.

We've also received a wide range of new shirts, pocket tees, henley t-shirts, and more.  The pocket tees and henley t-shirts are especially special, very special, much too special for words.  Buy now or regret later.  Up to you.     Both ways can be rewarding in their own special way.  

Shop Sugar Cane Online

Shop Sun Surf Online

Shop Star of Hollywood Online

SC_493_01-682x1022.jpg

SC_493_05-1022x682.jpg

SC_493_09-1022x682.jpg

SC%20CREW_GRY_01-682x1022.jpg

SC%20CREW_GRY_05-1022x682.jpg

SC_POCKET_NAVY_01-682x1022.jpg

SC%20CREW_WHT_01-682x1022.jpg

SC%20CREW_WHT_06-1022x682.jpg

SC_POCKET_GREY_01-682x1022.jpg

SC_POCKET_WHT_01-682x1022.jpg

It's a great jean.. I have it on my list when I visit. I tried it on in NYC and I was too fat at the time. I hope it's in stock in SF... It's the highest rise jean that brand makes with a slim sil. but it might still be a bit too low for me.

Edited by givemefive

hi kiya, i wear a 31 in dry bones red-d, would i be a 31 as well in stevenson calistoga, or a 30? thanks.

The waist runs a little big on both of those jeans but the Calistoga shrinks less so i would go for a 30 in the Calistoga if you're a 31 in the Red-D.

Does Star of Hollywood plan any more polo shirts?  

There currently are no plans for them to do more polo shirts, but hopefully they'll do some for SS17.

In regards to the 714 Valencia I got these in size 36. The waist and top block are a bit roomy, but I couldn't do the smaller leg measurements on the size 34. With a belt these fit pretty nicely, lots of room in the thigh and top block while slimming down nicely from the knee to hem. Still need them hemmed and I'm focused on the Ooe contest jeans right now but afterward I'll be wearing these for sure!

In regards to the 714 Valencia I got these in size 36. The waist and top block are a bit roomy, but I couldn't do the smaller leg measurements on the size 34. With a belt these fit pretty nicely, lots of room in the thigh and top block while slimming down nicely from the knee to hem. Still need them hemmed and I'm focused on the Ooe contest jeans right now but afterward I'll be wearing these for sure!

What's wild is based on the thigh and waist id actually be a size 31 (seems odd) I do a 34 in the FH 3009 and a 34 in the 3sixteen ST. Anyone have help?

What's wild is based on the thigh and waist id actually be a size 31 (seems odd) I do a 34 in the FH 3009 and a 34 in the 3sixteen ST. Anyone have help?

I would go for a size 32, two sizes down from the 3009 sounds about right.

That doesn't sound crazy to me. I would wear a 32 in the 3009 (tried them on, but don't own a pair) and my Stevenson 714s fit quite well in size 30. The waist is just a touch looser than I'm used to, but it's not as if they sag at all. I'm just used to a slightly higher rise and very fitted waist. If my thighs and butt were a bit smaller, I could probably size down to a 29.

At the smaller waist sizes, they're actually quite a fitted pair of jeans. About the skinniest cut I can really wear. Will try to get a fit pic or two later on.

Oh, and they're just straight-up excellent jeans, too. Wearing them as an occasional break from my Ooe contest jeans (brothers in denim, Broark), and it's kind of hard not to just put them on each day. The denim has a fantastic cross-hatching after the first couple washes, a really nice and unique hue due the subtle greencast, and it just gets so soft after the first couple weeks of wear. Can definitely recommend.

3sixteen Summer Collection of Shirts & Restocks

3sixteen has just delivered to us their new collection of shirts along with a full restock of nearly all their jeans models from both the 3sixteen and 3sixteen+ range.  

All three new shirts and the restocks are available now at all Self Edge stores.

316_TAN_0001-682x1022.jpg
316_TAN_0007-1022x682.jpg
316_TAN_0005-1022x682.jpg

316_BLUE_0001-682x1022.jpg
316_BLUE_0007-1022x682.jpg
316_BLUE_0005-1022x682.jpg

316_GREY_0001-682x1022.jpg
316_GREY_0007-1022x682.jpg
316_GREY_0005-1022x682.jpg

Mister Freedom Midnight Appaloosa & New Summer Shirts

Mister Freedom just hit us with three of our favorite shirts we've received thus far this year.  

The new take on the appaloosa is very slick, made of an 8oz indigo/indigo twill fabric and painted black snap buttons.  This shirt that will look very impressive after it's been worn in.

Along with the Midnight Appaloosa we've received two summer shirts.  The Upa Upa shirt is printed on the inside so you can see part of the pattern peeking through the fabric on the outside and has some extra pockets for your little things with coconut shell buttons.  We're happy to see Mister Freedom doing more summer shirts in the style of the new Rock n' Roll shirt, the print is spot on and the collar design is just perfect for this style of shirt.  

All of these including a full restock of blank Mister Freedom tees are available now at all stores. 

At SEMX we've received all of these items including a full range of Mister Freedom's new shorts made of denim or selvedge canvas.

MF_MIDNIGHT_01-682x1022.jpg
MF_MIDNIGHT_06-1022x682.jpg
MF_MIDNIGHT_05-1022x682.jpg
MF_MIDNIGHT_07-1022x682.jpg

MF_TEAL_01-682x1022.jpg
MF_TEAL_05-1022x682.jpg
MF_TEAL_07-1022x682.jpg

MF_BAND_01-682x1022.jpg
MF_BAND_03-1022x682.jpg
MF_BAND_05-1022x682.jpg

Hey Kiya!

I am going to be in LA from June 19-26th meeting some friends there from Canada. 

What is the turn around time for denim repairs at this point in time? If i drop off my DWC FH 3009 will they be done by the 26th? I also have some friends in LA who could pick them up for me if they aren't done in time. 

Also will you guys have the new strike gold jeans around by then? 

I also just wanna stop in and shoot the shit for a bit

Hey Kiya!

I am going to be in LA from June 19-26th meeting some friends there from Canada. 

What is the turn around time for denim repairs at this point in time? If i drop off my DWC FH 3009 will they be done by the 26th? I also have some friends in LA who could pick them up for me if they aren't done in time. 

Also will you guys have the new strike gold jeans around by then? 

I also just wanna stop in and shoot the shit for a bit

Hey man!

Repairs definitely take longer than that but we can mail them to you once they're done or a friend can pick them up for you, whatever is easier for you

New SG jeans won't be in by then, they're landing July 1st at all stores.

The store is full of new product though, from clothing to footwear to accessories, so you'll have a lot to see when you visit.