Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Self Edge x Florian Bertmer T-Shirts

One of our favorite artists is back with a special t-shirt design inspired by our recent endeavors in Mexico.  Originally hand drawn by Florian Bertmer we've turned his images into two t-shirts and a set of stickers.  

The graphics are printed on 3sixteen blank t-shirts and are available now at all five Self Edge stores and in our online store. 

SEMX_BLK_01-887x1334.jpg
SEMX_BLK_04-1022x682.jpg
SEMX_BLK_03-1022x682.jpg
SEMX_STICKERS-1022x682.jpg

SEMX_WHITE_01-871x1310.jpg
SEMX_WHITE_04-1022x682.jpg
SEMX_WHITE_03-1022x682.jpg
SEMX_STICKERS-1022x682.jpg

Love those tees, assuming sizing is the same as the indigo 3Sixteen tees?

Yup, sizing is the same as their indigo tees!

Edited by kiya

Good Art Trunk Show at Self Edge San Francisco

2015%20se%20shop%20ads_forums.jpg

We’re hosting a Good Art trunk show at Self Edge San Francisco this weekend!  Good Art’s founder and designer Josh Warner will be in attendance showing off his newest collection of jewelry, accessories, hats, and more.  If you’ve been wanting to custom order a piece, this weekend would be a good time to do it as you’d be working directly with the man producing the item.  This will be going down at SESF this Saturday and Sunday, hope to see you there.
Edited by kiya

Iron Heart 633n & 301n Jeans, Primaloft Jacket, & Maroon Flannels

We've just received some new Iron Heart jeans, shirts, and jackets to keep you toasty.  We've taken their new 17oz natural indigo organic cotton denim and made a small run of jeans using the 633 (straight tapered) and 301 (slim tapered) fits.  

Along with the new jeans we've received their most advanced outerwear jacket to date.  This new black jacket is made with Primaloft Gold quilted insulation and a Pertex shield making this jacket lightweight, warm, and waterproof. 

We've also receive a new Ultra-Heavy Flannel in a new maroon/cream color.  

All these items along with a full restock of Iron Heart socks, jeans, denim jackets, and vests are available now at all Self Edge stores.

IH_JACKET_BLK_01-682x1022.jpg
IH_JACKET_BLK_16-1022x682.jpg
IH_JACKET_BLK_11-1022x682.jpg
IH_JACKET_BLK_14-1025x682.jpg

IHSH_RED_01-682x1022.jpg
IHSH_RED_05-1022x682.jpg

IH_633N_01-682x1022.jpg
IH_633N_05-1022x682.jpg

IH-301N_01-682x1022.jpg
IH-301N_07-1023x683.jpg

Not sure if anyone follows Salomondrin on YT but my eagle eyes...

23619925872_585ffa52cc_b.jpg

He is pretty funny (thus why he looks like he is dressed up as a Sheikh) and has an awesome collection of cars—991 GT3RS pictured—and does videos of them.

I saw this the other day when he was filming! You can't miss that thing flying down La Brea. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sugar Cane x Buzz Rickson Indigo-Dyed Horsehide A-2 Jacket - Black Woods II Edition

We've been counting down the days for the arrival of this jacket.  Made as a collaborative piece between the designers of Sugar Cane and Buzz Rickson this jacket is a horsehide A-2 which has then been hand painted with pure indigo dye.  This gives the jacket a very unique feel and look and is sure to look wild after some wear starts to show.  Toyo has allowed us to modify the fit of the jacket slightly, slimming it out a little bit and giving the body a little extra length so you can easily wear it with untucked shirts.  

These jackets were made in small numbers in Japan and this edition of it is limited to 50 pieces and is available now at all Self Edge stores.

BR_NAVY_LEATHER_01-682x1022.jpg
BR_NAVY_LEATHER_03-1130x752.jpg
BR_NAVY_LEATHER_05-1022x682.jpg
BR_NAVY_LEATHER_07-1022x682.jpg
BR_NAVY_LEATHER_08-1022x682.jpg
BR_NAVY_LEATHER_09-1022x682.jpg
BR_NAVY_LEATHER_10-1022x682.jpg

Roy Straight Leg Loomstate Jeans - RS05

A new year means new jeans from Roy! 

This new release is a reworked version of the RS model from a couple of years ago.   The fabric on these jeans is a 13.5oz loomstate denim which Roy designed from the ground up. Cone did not have or could not produce the selvedge id thread color so Roy had another company manufacture just the single thread that goes through the selvedge line and had the thread shipped to Cone to use on his denim.

The warp yarns are made of a conventional American cotton while the weft is made of Supima cotton giving the fill threads an off-white cast. Supima is a longer staple cotton so we're thinking it will be less prone to stretching out and knee bagging. The fabric for the pocket bags were also custom designed and produced for this jean. They're an undyed (natural) ring-ring 3x1 twill that is loomstate and will be cut in a way where it shrinks with the jean. The pocket bags are a 10oz 3x1 cotton twill which is 100% ring spun, undyed, and unsanforized.

We don't believe we've seen a denim with this much character come out of Cone Mills before, the weave pattern is very unique and so is the shade of indigo.  

Check the product page for full measurements, a full spec list, more info, and high-res photographs.

These jeans will go on sale at noon (local time) at all five Self Edge stores on Saturday, January 2nd.  They will also go on sale at 11am PST on the same day in our online store.

ROY_LOT5_07-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_10-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_11-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_12-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_08-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_02-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_03-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_04-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_05-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_09-1025x682.jpg

Whoa... these are the jeans I've been waiting for from him for years! Even down to the lighter-weight denim used!

Does sizing down one from the 3005 sound like a good plan? Not sure how sketchy it will be to wait until Sunday to buy it in person at SELA....

Stormtrooper: Let me see your identification.

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.

Stormtrooper: We don't need to see his identification.

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: These aren't the jeans you're looking for.

Stormtrooper: These aren't the jeans we're looking for.

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: He can go about his business.

Stormtrooper: You can go about your business.

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: Move along.

Stormtrooper: Move along... move along.

Edited by cool_hand

Great patch, cool buttons, and denim looks great!  Why are you doing this to my wallet?  As Young knows, I don't need these.  But ... if I'm 34 in the KS1002, what would you say in the RS05?  The KS1002 fits well, though a little tight through my (wide ass) hips!

Whoa... these are the jeans I've been waiting for from him for years! Even down to the lighter-weight denim used!

Does sizing down one from the 3005 sound like a good plan? Not sure how sketchy it will be to wait until Sunday to buy it in person at SELA....

ROY said on his website that it is 15 oz after shrinkage

http://www.roydenim.com/selvage

I knew you'd like these...

I think you can go down one size from your 3005 size, also i would not wait until Sunday for these if you really want them.  

Same denim as my RT1002's, I've been wearing them for a couple months now after only initially soaking them.

I like where they're heading, but only light signs of fading so far.

Love the patch and flasher, but think I'll pass for now since I already have a pair of jeans made with the same denim.

Kiya, any update on the new Strike Gold cut? 

May need to decide between these Roy's and the new SG. 

The new SG jean isn't coming out till March 1st and we should have some photos in late January.