Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hey Kiya, any word on that new strike gold cut you mentioned about earlier?

I believe their new fit is coming out in December.  It's also in a new fabric, it's super wavy.

big thanks to the staff at sela that helped me out yesterday. loving the sc2009s i left with

Glad you were able to get some jeans!  Those 2009s are a big seller for us, especially in the summer months.

• 2 weeks later...

3sixteen Indigo-Dyed 3/4 Sleeve Shirt & Jean Restocks

We've received a mid-season 3/4 sleeve shirts from 3sixteen made of an indigo-dyed cotton fabric with a triangle discharge print.  The shirt is cut and sewn in the US and comes with hidden button-down collars, chainstitch run-off, and coconut shell buttons.

Along with this new shirt we've received a full restock of over 25 different models of jeans from 3sixteen and 3sixteen+, availalble now at all four of our stores and in our online store.

316_NAVY_01-682x1022.jpg
316_NAVY_03-966x643.jpg
316_NAVY_05-1022x682.jpg
316_NAVY_06-1022x682.jpg

hey Kiya are the Roy foreman pants dropping next weekend?

Those are coming out this weekend, we'll be posting up info on Wednesday or Thursday.

Roy Cotton Duck "Foreman" Pants

Roy is back with a pair of selvedge cotton duck Foreman pants .  New fit, new details, new everything on this one.  The fabric is a 10.5oz sanforized black-line selvedge fiber-dyed cotton duck woven in North Carolina.  The pocket bags are amazing, we haven't seen this fabric used before.  They're made of a dobby loom woven cotton made by Cone Mills.  The branding is on the inside of these pants printed on a Pima cotton tag.  The fit is designed in such a way where it can be worn sized up or down depending on how you want the pant to fit without it looking too slim or sloppy.  

This Roy pant will be released at noon (local time) on Saturday September 19th at all four Self Edge stores.  It will also be released at 9am (PDT) on the same day via our online store.

ROY_FOREMAN_01-682x1022.jpg
ROY_FOREMAN_04-1022x682.jpg
ROY_FOREMAN_05-1022x682.jpg
ROY_FOREMAN_06-1022x682.jpg
ROY_FOREMAN_07-1022x682.jpg
ROY_FOREMAN_08-1022x682.jpg
ROY_FOREMAN_09-1022x682.jpg

Kiya

I'm assuming that a chainstich hem wouldn't work for the style of the Foreman pants. If so, are you going to offer length alterations using another method?

Thanks

The original hem is a chainstitched hem by Roy, we'll be matching what he's done on the pant.

There's a photo of the hem line above.

Edited by kiya

Goddamn that patch is amazing.

Market Street Cinema.

Edited by kiya

Sugar Cane Type III Black Denim Slim Jeans

This is Sugar Cane's newest denim, developed in-house over the past year and seeing it's first use as a slim cut jean. They've used two different black yarns to create this fabric. The warp (top) is made of a sulfur dyed yarn and the weft (underside) is made of a reactive pigment dyed yarn. This means the warp will fade over time from black to gray to white after many wears yet the weft will stay black and only fade to a medium gray very slowly. Two different black yarns, one denim, living on the edge.

These are sure to age in an interesting manner over time, especially considering it's a black jean that started out unsanforized which is a rarity.  

These new jeans along with a full restock of all Lone Wolf boots, leather belts, and jeans are available now at all Self Edge stores.

SC_BLK_01-682x1022.jpg
SC_BLK_04-1022x682.jpg
SC_BLK_05-1022x682.jpg
SC_BLK_07-1022x682.jpg
SC_BLK_06-1022x682.jpg

Those sound like they could be the ultimate black pair of jeans, been on the hunt for some and those measurements are perfect. You don't happen to have a fade sample?

Edit: safe to assume they're ow

Edited by bradl

Those sound like they could be the ultimate black pair of jeans, been on the hunt for some and those measurements are perfect. You don't happen to have a fade sample?

Edit: safe to assume they're ow

No fade sample because the denim was just created and made into jeans a few weeks ago for the first time.

Edited by kiya

Why is the inseam so short?  33 inches for a size 36?

If it makes any difference, it won't shrink any more.

Im 6 feet tall and 33" inseam seems long to me.

Most people wildly overestimate what their inseam is.  We have NBA players shopping at our stores buying 34" inseam jeans.  

That's not to say you don't need a longer inseam if you need a wild stack or a double cuffed jean, but in reality very few people need an inseam over 35" or so.

Edited by kiya

Can one of the SE guys speak on the new special edition SG009LTD jeans?

I like the fit, but I'm wondering what makes them special? I love my 5109 jeans and the denim of them, but I'm hoping for a little more info on the "Deep Indigo" that these a made from.

Could you help me me understand the particulars of this new denim and its characteristics?

Thanks again!

Can one of the SE guys speak on the new special edition SG009LTD jeans?

I like the fit, but I'm wondering what makes them special? I love my 5109 jeans and the denim of them, but I'm hoping for a little more info on the "Deep Indigo" that these a made from.

Could you help me me understand the particulars of this new denim and its characteristics?

Thanks again!

The short story is that the mill only made enough warp yarn for about 175 pairs and when they wanted to make more the mill said they couldn't get the same exact shade without using a small amount of pigment dye.  Strike Gold is extremely particular about their denim, it seems even more so that many other brands we deal with.  They decided against making something that wasn't exactly what they wanted, so they just made the 175 pairs that they could. The jean is super limited and comes with a Strike Gold shopping/tote bag. The fit is the xxx9 fit from SG.

Most people wildly overestimate what their inseam is.  We have NBA players shopping at our stores buying 34" inseam jeans.  

That's not to say you don't need a longer inseam if you need a wild stack or a double cuffed jean, but in reality very few people need an inseam over 35" or so.

I gotta say, the whole reason I got into Japanese denim was the availability of a long inseam with a waist size (actually) below 32".  I'm about 6'1, and manage to need a 34.75" inseam if I want to cover my socks while wearing low shoes (I basically don't have a torso).  One of my friends who I turned on to Japanese denim happens to take the same inseam I do, except he's 6'11.

The concept of a long inseam, especially somewhere like Self Edge who can put a proper hem on it, means that no matter what length you need or want can be made. You can always cut fabric, but you can't add it if its not there.