Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

hi Kiya I know the new Roy shirt in medium is sold out online but does any of the stores still have it?

Nope, sorry, all sold out across all four stores.

Kiya,

I've been looking for pics of a Black Mint Hawaiian you and I got some years back... must have been 2008 or 2009 if I was guessing. It had a 1950s cowboys and indians print on it. Did you keep yours and would you mind snapping a quick pic of it?

Kiya,

I've been looking for pics of a Black Mint Hawaiian you and I got some years back... must have been 2008 or 2009 if I was guessing. It had a 1950s cowboys and indians print on it. Did you keep yours and would you mind snapping a quick pic of it?

Sorry but mine is packed away, if i get around to finding it i'll definitely shoot a photo of it for you.  

I might've asked this before, but I can't remember.

Any plans for a new Flat Head collaboration jean?

I'd kill for a new version of the SExFHxRJB15 in a not-as-slim cut. The mismatched tonal arcs are some of my all time favorite.

Sugar Cane's Unsanforized Type II Denim Jacket

We've always loved Sugar Cane's version of the classic 1950's style Type II denim jacket.   They've gotten the denim feel right, the stitching is perfect, the iron buttons are classicly reproduced, and deer skin patch ages just as well as the denim itself.  Normally this jacket is available only in a one-wash version.  If you want an unsanforized denim jacket to age well over time we recommend buying a raw non-wash version.  The industrial washing and drying softens the denim to the point where aging over time will be less defined (this is even more true on a denim jacket where wear is harder to come by), therefore we recommend doing the water soak of the jacket at home.  Sugar Cane has made a batch of these jackets exclusively for Self Edge in a non-wash raw version.  We've also dropped the price nearly in half since the last time we stocked this jacket years ago.  

Along with the Type II jacket we've received a full restock of all Sugar Cane jean models, cowhide leather belts, and Whitesville tees (tees are in-store only).

SC_JACKET_01-684x1025.jpg
SC_JACKET_04-1025x684.jpg
SC_JACKET_06-1025x682.jpg
SC_JACKET_07-1025x684.jpg
SC_JACKET_08-1025x684.jpg
SC_JACKET_09-1025x682.jpg

SC_BELT_BLK_01-652x979.jpg
SC_BELT_BLK_02-1022x682.jpg

SC_BELT_TAN_01-664x998.jpg
SC_BELT_TAN_02-1022x682.jpg

Beautiful looking jacket! I see that weak yen is really showing now in your prices, will we see a major drop for all f/w stuff?

We dropped prices on everything we carry from Japan earlier this year, so unless the Yen drops even more (which it probably won't as it's now stabilized) F/W products won't get any cheaper because the Yen has been at the same level since before the S/S15 stuff came out.

How much room do you have? If you want to shrink more or less a size, you can hot soak for 45 minutes with a lot of agitation or if you're lazy like me, you can throw it in the washing machine insideout on hot. 

Hi Kiya/anyone else willing to chime in,

I plan to be at the NY store this Sunday. I'm having trouble identifying a pair of jeans that will fit to my liking. I'm short (5' 7") and have large upper legs but also want something tapered in the lower leg. I've outgrown pairs that I've purchased from SF by Iron Heart (634S-SEXIH13 I believe), Flat Head (F380), and Sugar Cane (not sure model). I'm looking at the "straight tapered" offerings on the website and, because of the inseam lengths, a bit concerned that when hemmed to 30" I will lose the taper and end up with something that fits straight all the way down. Appreciate any thoughts you can offer!

I plan to be at the NY store this Sunday. I'm having trouble identifying a pair of jeans that will fit to my liking. I'm short (5' 7") and have large upper legs but also want something tapered in the lower leg. I've outgrown pairs that I've purchased from SF by Iron Heart (634S-SEXIH13 I believe), Flat Head (F380), and Sugar Cane (not sure model). I'm looking at the "straight tapered" offerings on the website and, because of the inseam lengths, a bit concerned that when hemmed to 30" I will lose the taper and end up with something that fits straight all the way down. Appreciate any thoughts you can offer!

You will definitely lose some taper when hemming to 30", but many of the jeans start the leg taper quite far up the leg so you should still have a decently small leg opening.  I would check out the 633s from Iron Heart, the 30BSP or 32BSP from 3sixteen+ or the Stevenson 714 jean.

You will definitely lose some taper when hemming to 30", but many of the jeans start the leg taper quite far up the leg so you should still have a decently small leg opening.  I would check out the 633s from Iron Heart, the 30BSP or 32BSP from 3sixteen+ or the Stevenson 714 jean.

Also, if the leg opening is your biggest concern, the Flat Head 3012 has the most aggressive taper of the Straight Tapered options (the next closest is the Stevenson 714). After a shrink, and a hem, it will probably have the smallest leg opening. 

John Lofgren Natural Chromexcel Engineer Boots

John Lofgren has taken his wildly popular black engineer boot and done it up in a natural Horween Chromexcel leather.  These things are going to look unreal once they're beat up looking.  The leather shade combined with his perfect engineer details and shape create a truly unique and beautiful boot.  
These are made in small numbers and we're not sure when or if restocks of this boot will take place.  

JL_BRWN_BOOTS_01-863x1297.jpg
JL_BRWN_BOOTS_04-1025x682.jpg
JL_BRWN_BOOTS_06-1025x682.jpg
JL_BRWN_BOOTS_05-1025x682.jpg
JL_BRWN_BOOTS_03-1025x682.jpg
JL_BRWN_BOOTS_02-1082x720.jpg
JL_BRWN_BOOTS_07-1025x682.jpg

Kiya, any idea when some new cooler weather Flathead shirts might be coming in?

We're getting one or two more summer shirts next week and then that's it until the Fall/Winter collections start to come in October 10th.

Kiya, is there any way to get an update on jeans that were sent in for repairs? I dropped my sbg beatle busters in on 8/12/15, i know the turn around is about 4 weeks but i've just been itching to have them back

Please email us and also note what store they were taken to and we'll let you know.