Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

That is definitely the way to go, we're having customers size up one from their regular 3sixteen size for all the Kibata jeans.

I wear a 34 ST aNd 36 seems like it would end up being too big. I may opt for an SL cut in the same size and see

Went up to NY for the sole purpose of seeing the city for the first time and visiting some jean shops.  SENY was so nice.  Just as good as the original in SF.  Wesley was the best sales associate.  Was pretty disappointed they were out of Roy's new jean but I guess that's to be expected. Really wanted to see how it compared to the KS1001.

Couldn't really find anything that fit like I wanted.  I felt like the SOC Valencia was close, but the rise was still just a tad short or something. Would encourage you guys to really find some more fits with a higher 11-12" rise that fit slim and what not. 

shoutout to sela for stepping up the union special game and hemming my jeans with maybe the nicest narrow chainstitch I've seen. wrong color, so I might have to go back, but very pleased!

Yes, we had a new folder made for our Union Special there so we're now hemming at a narrower width, far more pleasing to the eye.  Sorry about the wrong color, not sure how that happened, it's not a mistake i see happening often.

Just wanted to add an additional kudos to Wesley @ SENY for being awesome.   

Went up to NY for the sole purpose of seeing the city for the first time and visiting some jean shops.  SENY was so nice.  Just as good as the original in SF.  Wesley was the best sales associate.  Was pretty disappointed they were out of Roy's new jean but I guess that's to be expected. Really wanted to see how it compared to the KS1001.

Couldn't really find anything that fit like I wanted.  I felt like the SOC Valencia was close, but the rise was still just a tad short or something. Would encourage you guys to really find some more fits with a higher 11-12" rise that fit slim and what not. 

Really glad that Wesley took care of you guys. We are fortunate to have him.

Would encourage you guys to really find some more fits with a higher 11-12" rise that fit slim and what not. 

Finding a 12" rise on a slim fit is quite uncommon, the two don't really go together so if most brands are going to do a slim fit they'll be using a medium or medium/low rise.   The Dry Bones Red-D has a medium/high rise and is slim tapered though.

quick question about the stevensons 714 valencia jeans. i wear size 29, the chart measures the thigh at 12in. how much shrinkage should it get in the thigh area? 

quick question about the stevensons 714 valencia jeans. i wear size 29, the chart measures the thigh at 12in. how much shrinkage should it get in the thigh area? 

With a hot soak you'll get about .3" of shrinkage in the thigh.

Finding a 12" rise on a slim fit is quite uncommon, the two don't really go together so if most brands are going to do a slim fit they'll be using a medium or medium/low rise.   The Dry Bones Red-D has a medium/high rise and is slim tapered though.

Well the Red-D is quite slim. Even skinny. The chart says 10".  The La Jolla is higher than that. Slim isn't a great adjective I guess. Medium and High rise are odd terms too as everyone's idea is different.

Have you seen Left Field's two pairs?  Was able to go over there on my way to La Guardia and ended up finding that both pairs fit great but I think those cuts have been reworked a few times.

I guess my idea of slim is different than most, but the greaser with a 12" rise fit slimmer than Levi's new (~2009) 501 model which they slimmed down and the Chelsea is tapered yet still has a nice 11" rise to it.

The jeans at SE always seem to hover around 10" with a few exceptions like Roy, new 3-16 CT. like even the SOC Valencia creeps below 11" when shrunk.

I guess a lot of people interested in this clothing are average height or so but a pair or two targeted at us 6'+ would be great I think.  Even a few 'tall' shirts would be nice too!  It's very hard to buy stuff from you no matter how badly I want to!

I think most denim SE carries are Japanese and the Japanese doesn't do with high rises. Yes we Asians aren't that tall.

Actually, the Japanese do many models from nearly every brand with high rises, except they don't really do it on a slim tapered jean.

But they have 41" inseams? Haha! Good for us tall people anyways...

Anything with a 41" inseam is made specifically for Self Edge.

I think most denim SE carries are Japanese and the Japanese doesn't do with high rises. Yes we Asians aren't that tall.

Samurai, Fullcount, and Warehouse are Japanese companies that all do high rises (710/510, 1108/1101/0105, 800/1001/1101).  I love Self Edge but need a high rise in jeans, which is one reason why these work for me, as well as Roy.  Sugar Cane is another option.

Samurai, Fullcount, and Warehouse are Japanese companies that all do high rises (710/510, 1108/1101/0105, 800/1001/1101).  I love Self Edge but need a high rise in jeans, which is one reason why these work for me, as well as Roy.  Sugar Cane is another option.

Would just like to point out that we do carry Sugar Cane..

Also, Dry Bones' jeans (and some past collaborations we've done with them) have not had a low rise.  There's also some of the 3sixteen+ jeans we do which have a 11" to 12" rise depending on the fit, and that denim doesn't shrink much for an unsanforized jean.  

No doubt Kiya.  I wore the SE Dry Bones collaboration yesterday -- high rise and slim fit.  Nice denim and the nicest pocket bags I've ever seen on a pair of jeans.

http://www.selfedge.com/wallets?product_id=1214

Do these require any oil/treatment/etc when new? I normally don't do anything to my leather goods and they all seem to age pretty nicely, but I don't know anything about horsehide.

Flat Head recommends doing nothing to these when new, they say to use them for years before using any type of leather conditioner on them.  I have a Wild Child wallet made of cordovan and cowhide that i've used for almost five years with zero treatment and it looks and feels great.

i know that that particular wallet isn't cordovan, but i am a true believer after using my flat head one for a while. It doesn't show much wear and scratches and stuff disappear after you use it... its pretty crazy!

Iron Heart 101J Jacket, Indigo-Dyed Dot Chambray, and 8301s Slim SBG Jean

Iron Heart has just delivered two new items, a redone version of the 8301s Slim Tapered SBG jean, along with a full restock of all other jeans, jackets, vests, wallets, and more. 

They've produced a Lee inspired 101J denim jacket made of an unsanforized 18oz indigo denim.  The jacket has been rinsed to take the guess work out of getting the right size post-shrinkage.   

We've also received an indigo-dyed chambray with a discharged dot pattern, perfect weight for summer wear.  

The popular 301s cut is now available again in Iron Heart's signature SBG black denim which fades with wear, this time with a showing selvedge outseam.

All these items along with the restocks are available now at all Self Edge stores.

IH-101J_01-682x1022.jpg
IH-101J_12-1022x682.jpg
IH-101J_08-1022x682.jpg
IH-101J_09-1022x682.jpg

IHSH_113_01-682x1022.jpg
IHSH_113_07-1022x682.jpg
IHSH_113_05-1022x682.jpg

IH_8301S_01-683x1026.JPG
IH_8301S_01_04-1026x683.JPG

They've produced a Lee inspired 101J denim jacket made of an unsanforized 18oz indigo denim.

Goddamnit, just weeks after I came to terms with not really finding a proper 101J in a more interesting denim than the sanforized Lee offerings  :rolleyes:(My only consolation is that I paid less than 1/4th of the Iron Heart price  <_< )

Goddamnit, just weeks after I came to terms with not really finding a proper 101J in a more interesting denim than the sanforized Lee offerings  :rolleyes:(My only consolation is that I paid less than 1/4th of the Iron Heart price  <_< )

if you just want the style and don't care about denim or construction quality you can find one for far less than even 1/4th of the price of Iron Heart's.   They come up on eBay for $30 to $50 and at local rockabilly/vintage swap meets for $50 to $70.

sorry for the pop-up drama but two weeks of turning my house upside down looking for my SE exclusive SOC indigo chinos and not finding them has left me emotionally spent.... goodbye best pair of summer pants i've ever owned, wherever the fucking fuck you are

I know the feeling. My FH native smoke varsity jacket has completely vanished on me, I haven't been able to find it for the past year+. Most expensive item of clothing I've ever lost.

I had at one point thought I lost my Iron Hearts, I almost cried like a young child.