Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Where is the Self Edge Mexico store, @kiya? In the DF?

It's going to be in San Jose del Cabo, on an organic farm called Flora Farms.  

And when? Because I still wanna be there.

I can drink a lot of tequila...but, with enough I can buy a Good Art Model 10 and a new Roy shirt.

We open in about 6 weeks!   We're having a fairly big opening party with events running all weekend and quite a few of our American customers and brands we work with are coming, we haven't set that date yet, but we'll be posting a date and all travel/accommodation info soon.

What SENY crew gonna be in the shop tomorrow? I wanna try on new denims in hopes to wear them really hard and cut them to jorts to wear for SEMX opening.

Dude!  Abe and Andrew should be working tomorrow, let me know what time you're going in.

Can't wait to see you in Mexico for the opening, we have an entire weekend of things planned including bringing down some American comics to perform at Gene Simmons' rock venue down there.

There was a guy that came through the shop today wearing some really well worn in RJB's, I swear that brand doesn't get enough love around here.

I struck up a conversation with him about them, mentioned he got some Strike Gold jeans at the LA store recently.

I let him know the SEMX opening was happening soon, he said he might try to make it down there!

Really is a very small world sometimes.

I've always liked the look of them, but they do not fit me right at all unfortunately. I wish they'd come out with a new cut!

Yeah I have the 105bsp and the fh3005, which it seems the 105 was based off. The 105 has slimmer thighs, top block, and a wider leg opening. Wore it a good 6 months and haven't went back to it. Its too bad because it has all the best details and denim. Poor cut though.

Self Edge x Dehen Cardigan & Heirloom Indigo-Dyed T-Shirt and Henley

This week we've got a few new items from Dehen and Heirloom.  We worked with Dehen to produce a layering piece in the form of a black wool cardigan.  This cardigan was designed from the ground up by Tyler Madden of SELA, SEPDX, and Intelligentsia fame and is exclusive to SEPDX and our online store.  Perfect for wearing over a t-shirt or layering under any jacket, hence the shorter cut and the flat collar.  

From Heirloom we have a set of indigo yarn-dyed t-shirts, one is a pocket tee and the other is a two-button short sleeved henley.  These are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store under the Self Edge brand.

DH_CARDIGAN_01-682x1022.jpg
DH_CARDIGAN_04-1022x682.jpg
DH_CARDIGAN_05-1022x682.jpg
DH_CARDIGAN_06-1022x682.jpg
DH_CARDIGAN_07-1022x682.jpg
DH_CARDIGAN_08-1022x682.jpg

HL_POCKET_01-682x1022.jpg
HL_POCKET_07-1022x682.jpg

HL_COLLARTEE_01-682x1022.jpg
HL_COLLARTEE_06-1022x682.jpg

Hi Kiya/AJ

Will SENY be stocking the new STF 'Kibata' 3-16 jeans?

These are available now at SESF, SELA, and SEPDX now.  SENY's shipment arrives any day now.

I can't tell from the pics...do these t's have side seams or are they tubular?

Heirloom Indigo-Dyed T-Shirt and Henley

From Heirloom we have a set of indigo yarn-dyed t-shirts, one is a pocket tee and the other is a two-button short sleeved henley.  These are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store under the Self Edge brand.

HL_POCKET_01-682x1022.jpg
HL_POCKET_07-1022x682.jpg

HL_COLLARTEE_01-682x1022.jpg
HL_COLLARTEE_06-1022x682.jpg

I can't tell from the pics...do these t's have side seams or are they tubular?

they are not tubular. 

on another note, here's an old heirloom shirt next to a new one yK2rjh3h.jpg

Edited by youngofthesoonest

hi, I have gotten more interested in the Strike Gold 5105 and want to try them out before I buy them to just make sure. The problem is Self Edge NY doesn't have anymore in a size 38 they don't know if they will get anymore in. The online Self Edge store has some pairs but I don't want to buy it without trying it on.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

yK2rjh3h.jpg

I'm curious if this fabric is the same as the fabric used on the new ones.

If so I gotta get one because I really like that horizontal texture. Maybe I'll go for the henley for something different.

@dude353637 I don't think there's anything you can do short of visiting the west coast selfedge stores. They're the exclusive north american retailer of strike gold as far as I know. Maybe if you order them and don't hem or soak its possible to make a return if they don't seem to fit?

Edited by SuperJackle

I'm curious if this fabric is the same as the fabric used on the new ones.

If so I gotta get one because I really like that horizontal texture. Maybe I'll go for the henley for something different.

i don't know if it's exactly the same but you can see the horizontal texture in the new ones too so i'm guessing it's going to age the same. 

Stevenson Overall Co. Summer Collection Es Muy Flamas

Stevenson has quickly turned into one of our favorite brands at Self Edge.  They're consistently producing exciting collections and innovating with their fabrics in a way we don't often see.  With this new summer collection we have t-shirts made of a particular type of cotton from Memphis to create a unique feel and texture, wildly woven shirts available in both jacquard woven and indigo-dyed versions, indigo yarn-dyed short sleeve henley shirts, and more.  

They've also produced their popular 727 La Jolla fit in a lightweight black/black denim, perfect for those which ignore summer colors for the warmer months.

All these items along with a full restock of the 727 indigo, 714 indigo, and all chinos are available now at all Self Edge stores.  Check the product pages for detailed descriptions for the collection.

STVNSN_MEZCAL_01-682x1022.jpg
STVNSN_MEZCAL_04-1022x682.jpg

STVNSN_MEZCAL_B_01-682x1022.jpg
STVNSN_MEZCAL_B_04-1022x682.jpg

STVNSN_GRAY_01-682x1022.jpg
STVNSN_GRAY_04-1022x682.jpg

STVNSN_WHTSTRP_01-682x1022.jpg
STVNSN_WHTSTRP_04-1022x682.jpg

I picked up the white/blue button up and the white/blue pocket tee. So fucking good.

3sixteen Kibata Unsanforized Jeans & Short Sleeve Pull-Over Shirt

One of the most highly anticipated jean releases of this past year has been 3sixteen's foray into unsanforized denim.  They've taken their two most popular denim styles, the 14.5oz indigo 100x denim and their Shadow Selvedge 120x denim and produced them in a newly developed unsanforized loomstate version fittingly named "Kibata", meaning "unsanforized" in Japanese.  These are not merely un-treated versions of the regular styles, the weave and feel has been modified so the hand-feel is quite different.  Both styles have a noticeably more abrasive feel due to the coarse weave and the denim feels a bit heavier.  

The new Kibata jeans are available now in 3sixteen's straight leg fit in both indigo and Shadow Selvedge versions.  Slim tapered versions of the same jean are available now at all stores and going up in our online store June 1st.

Along with the new Kibata jeans we've received a short sleeve pull-over at all four of our stores.  Also, 3sixteen's full collection of spring/summer shirts are available now at SENY and SELA.

316_100XK_01-682x1022.jpg
316_100XK_04-1022x682.jpg
316_100XK_05-1022x682.jpg
316_100XK_06-1022x682.jpg
316_100XK_07-1022x682.jpg

316_120XK_01-682x1022.jpg
316_120XK_07-1022x682.jpg
316_120XK_06-1022x682.jpg
316_120XK_05-1022x682.jpg
316_120XK_04-1022x682.jpg

@kiya. Have you guys done a shrink test on these jeans yet? I'm really iffy which one i should get.

Yup, shrinkage info is on the product page for every jean on our site.  Nearly every jean has been shrunk test by us and the stats are stated near the bottom of every product page.

I think I'm going to size up 1 from my ST size.  But I'll wait to see the official measurements.  

I honestly think im going to stay the same size. Mine werent as tight fitting as yours and my hip waist area on mine had alot of wiggle room. They were about 1.5" too big in the waist maybe even 2" too big but the thighs were pretty close to ok. I may just skip the release all together because i think im too in between sizes. Or just get the SL version.

I think I'm going to size up 1 from my ST size.  But I'll wait to see the official measurements.  

That is definitely the way to go, we're having customers size up one from their regular 3sixteen size for all the Kibata jeans.