Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

You should go for iron heart shirts, the john lofgren foggy dye tees, and the yellow rat tees, probably.

Yup, those are the three brands which make longer tees.

Is toyo planning on coming out with any new shirts from sun surf and star of hollywood this spring/summer?

Yup, they start coming into the stores next week!

Iron Heart 633s and 301s has just been restocked at all shops along with their new heavy striped t-shirts (which are going up online on April 10th).

Edited by kiya

!!! 

Broark posted a pics of a pair of jeans recently with a belt loop buddy. I was intrigued. That's a great design! 

The bracelet's not too shabby either. 

Edited by mpukas

Good Art Belt Loop Buddy & Viva Bracelet

This week we have a new ingenius key clip and a sterling silver bracelet from Good Art.

Leave it to Good Art to come up with a new way to do an old thing. The Belt Loop Buddy is the most clever belt-loop key "clip" we've seen yet. At first you may be confused, but once you get the motion down it's extremely simple to attach to any belt loop and also to remove it from your belt loop while being extremely secure when it's attached. These can be used for your keys or to attach one end of your wallet chain to.  The finishing on these brass Belt Loop Buddies is top notch. It's solid brass which has been impregnated with sterling silver. After they've been cast and cleaned they're dropped into a hot batch of steel pins, sulfur, and sterling silver dust for an hour once removed they have a very unique look which will age with regular use to reveal the gold brass color underneath.  Check the two videos posted to its product page for a short demo.

The Good Art Viva bracelet is one which has been remade just for Self Edge. Originally designed years ago and brought to our attention by photographs which surfaced of a very famous musician from the UK wearing the bracelet in press photos.  The Viva bracelet was born of the specific idea to create a bracelet where the clasp was completely hidden within the pattern of the design. The actual connection point of each link is a loose interpretation of a curb chain. The bracelet design was originally carved by hand by Josh Warner, back before any sort of computer aided measuring and rendering was available to him. We're happy to see this Good Art piece back in production and available at our stores.

GA_BELTLOOP_01-682x1022.jpg
GA_BELTLOOP_02-1022x682.jpg
GA_BELTLOOP_03-1022x682.jpg
GA_BELTLOOP_04-1022x682.jpg
GA_BELTLOOP_05-1022x682.jpg

GA_BRACELET_01-820x1232.jpg
GA_BRACELET_09-1022x682.jpg
GA_BRACELET_06-1022x682.jpg
GA_BRACELET_04-1022x682.jpg
GA_BRACELET_03-455x682.jpg

!!! 

Broark posted a pics of a pair of jeans recently with a belt loop buddy. I was intrigued. That's a great design! 

The bracelet's not too shabby either. 

I really do believe that's the best design when it comes to a key clip i've seen.  No moving parts and almost impossible for it to come off on its own.

Took a little getting used to at first, just mainly the motion of it.

Also the fist time I've ever gotten a compliment on my keychain.

Current status, these lighten up quite a bit with use!

zgcMPa0.jpg

Took me a while to get used to, coming from a Tanner key lanyard. But I'm really starting to dig it...

NjQIFcw.jpg

(I got the polished brass version)

Took me a while to get used to, coming from a Tanner key lanyard. But I'm really starting to dig it...

NjQIFcw.jpg

(I got the polished brass version)

Awesome, that's what they'll all look like if you just polish it with a brass polishing cloth/creme.

Those chup socks are only available to us on the West by calling SENY right?

Chup socks are available at SEPDX and SENY, you can phone order them now by calling either of those stores.

Iron Heart Releases Ridiculously Heavy Woven T-Shirts, Doesn't Surprise Anyone

Iron Heart has made a set of wide-striped woven t-shirts meant to be a layering piece during the spring and fall seasons where you may want a t-shirt during the day but would need some insulation at night when wearing a jacket over your t-shirt.  These are heavy and fairly loosley woven cotton t-shirts made of an Iron Heart exclusive fabric.  They come with a simple woven Iron Heart tag on the outside of the tee near the bottom hem-line.  

Along with these t-shirts we've received a fresh run of the slim tapered 301s model and the straight leg with a taper 633s model.  We've also received a full restock of all denim jackets, vests, key hooks, and the 634s, 461, and 9634 jeans.

IH_GRAY_01-682x1022.jpg
IH_GRAY_07-1022x682.jpg
IH_GRAY_06-1022x682.jpg
IH_GRAY_05-1022x682.jpg
IH_GRAY_04-1022x682.jpg

IH_WHITE_01-682x1022.jpg
IH_WHITE_07-1022x682.jpg
IH_WHITE_06-1022x682.jpg
IH_WHITE_05-1022x682.jpg
IH_WHITE_03-1189x790.jpg

Dear Self Edge LA,

How does one apply for a sales associate position at Self Edge? I would love to send my resume/cover letter. 

I have vast sales associate experience and knowledge of denim. I also am a professional photographer/videographer as well as a semi-pro audio technician (I work on podcasts)...So those tools may be of use. 

Although I have no experience with alterations, I am a quick learner... and would even be willing to pay for the lessons. 

Would love to send over my info for consideration.

best regards and gratitude,

Andrew Baik

andrewbaik.com

Edited by halfbaiked

Will you all be stocking the Mister Freedom Rock and Roll shirts this season? I'm seeing them pop up on the Japanese instagram sites, and they're fire. 

Yup, we'll have those at all of our shops in about a week or two!

Would the t-shirt be too heavy for humid summers?

Edited by FLDenim211

Kiya, I seemed to have lost my hat.  I bought it at SE Portland in Nov of 11. It had no tags on the outside and one that was stitched into the basically top of the cap that the lettering was in a gold like thread.  Do you which hat I had?  Do you have it in stock?  I need that hat again.

Just was curious is SE going to be picking up this shirt from the new 3sixteen lookbook? 

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0028/6132/files/3sixteen_SS15_6.jpg?2930438362637638436

Definitely would love to pick it up from SENY if the sizing works.

Yup, we'll have these in a couple of weeks at SENY!

Kiya, I seemed to have lost my hat.  I bought it at SE Portland in Nov of 11. It had no tags on the outside and one that was stitched into the basically top of the cap that the lettering was in a gold like thread.  Do you which hat I had?  Do you have it in stock?  I need that hat again.

Shoot me an email: [email protected] and let me know your name and what style of hat it was, and I'll see if I can get you sorted out.

Going to be in LA this week and am heading to SELA to pick up some things, but if I were to drop off my 11 BSPs to get hemmed tomorrow would they potentially be done by the time I leave on Saturday?

Going to be in LA this week and am heading to SELA to pick up some things, but if I were to drop off my 11 BSPs to get hemmed tomorrow would they potentially be done by the time I leave on Saturday?

Yup, if you drop them off tomorrow (tuesday) they'll definitely be done by Saturday.