Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hi Kiya when will prices go down again for the Que Pasa sale? I thought they were supposed to go down every 7-10 days until everything is gone.

The prices have been going down every 7 to 10 days for the past 5 weeks.  They just went down 5 days ago.

Re: made in US Flyers

Are black and white the only ones your store is carrying, or are those the only two colors being offered overall? I thought I saw gray and perhaps red somewhere on the web.

They are only producing black and white for the first release.  Other colors will follow a couple of months later.

Does PF Flyers plan on producing low tops in the Made in USA collection as well?

Nope, hi-tops only.

SENY and SELA have been stocking PF Flyers for years now, they're available in-store only. 

Also, we're one of the only 10 accounts in the world getting the Made in USA collection March 1st. (black or white, hi-tops)

Sorry if I'm being dense, but does this mean only SENY and SELA will carry the new US-made models? Or will SF have them as well?

Sorry if I'm being dense, but does this mean only SENY and SELA will carry the new US-made models? Or will SF have them as well?

PF Flyers are only available at SENY and SELA, we don't carry them at the other two stores.

no on-line?

Just a reminder to everyone, we do take phone orders, so when the Made in USA PFs arrive, please feel free to give us a shout at SELA or SENY and we'll set you up!

Kiya, just got my Strike Gold hoodie in the mail the other day and was wondering since the website says that it's unwashed if I need to give it an initial soak / wash, or is it good to go?

Those shrink quite a bit if washed in hot water and dried.  If you want minimal shrinkage then cold wash and line dry it.  There's no need to soak it ahead of time as long as it's not too big on you now.

Hey Kiya, how would you compare the Lofgren Champion sneakers to your Shoes Like Pottery?

I've got a pair and was wondering how they compare, size wise too. Probably going to grab a pair today.

Just a little confused on sizing, I take an 11.5 in Converse and Alden Indy boot, 12 in Vans and Shoes Like Pottery.

Hey Kiya, how would you compare the Lofgren Champion sneakers to your Shoes Like Pottery?

I've got a pair and was wondering how they compare, size wise too. Probably going to grab a pair today.

Just a little confused on sizing, I take an 11.5 in Converse and Alden Indy boot, 12 in Vans and Shoes Like Pottery.

They're quite different.  The SLP sneakers are super lightweight and have no support of any kind.  I can't really wear them for extended periods because they hurt my heels.  The Lofgren sneakers are pretty heavy for how small of a shoe they are.  The cushion on them is also quite substantial.  I'd say you'd be a 11 in the Lofgren sneakers, they run about half a size to a full size large.

Kiya, I feel a pretty imminent Sugar Cane jean purchase coming on soon and I have two questions. First off, do any of the SE stores stock raw versions of the 1947 or 2009? I was reading back in the Sugar Cane thread and there was mention of it, but that was about a year ago and I would expect all of those to be gone. Secondly, will the upcoming Self Edge x Sugar Cane collaboration be coming out anytime soon? The description you posted a while back sounds pretty interesting and if it arrives any time soon I may hold out on any new purchases for the new collab.  

Kiya, I feel a pretty imminent Sugar Cane jean purchase coming on soon and I have two questions. First off, do any of the SE stores stock raw versions of the 1947 or 2009? I was reading back in the Sugar Cane thread and there was mention of it, but that was about a year ago and I would expect all of those to be gone. Secondly, will the upcoming Self Edge x Sugar Cane collaboration be coming out anytime soon? The description you posted a while back sounds pretty interesting and if it arrives any time soon I may hold out on any new purchases for the new collab.  

SEPDX carries the 1947 in raw, same price, and can be ordered by just calling us at SEPDX.

No SC collab coming soon, it's been a slow process.

@kiya or anyone

I need a reliable tailor that can taper my FH BSPs. They have to accept mailed-in denim since i live in FL. I got my BSPs hemmed a long time ago and now the leg opening is much wider than they were at the original inseam. 

thanks,

I would try calling SF Tailors in SF.  If they won't accept a mail-in then you can try Railcar.

@kiya or anyone

I need a reliable tailor that can taper my FH BSPs. They have to accept mailed-in denim since i live in FL. I got my BSPs hemmed a long time ago and now the leg opening is much wider than they were at the original inseam. 

thanks,

I also have gone through your struggle but mine was mostly with repairs.

kiya (or mr west) - 

i'd also like some more info/fit pics on that buzz rickson / william gibson raincoat.

thanks in advance!

Check your PMs.

Kiya, 

This is probably a stupid question, but would you (or anyone) know of a place I can get the Dehen varsity slimmed down on the body? Had to get a larger size due to my shoulders, but I can't help but notice the rest of the jacket seems to balloon out on me a bit when worn

We actually worked with Dehen to slim down their jackets for the collection which we carry.  The ones we carry are the slimmest ones they've ever produced, so there is nothing trimmer than the models which we stock.

Kiya,

Long shot but do any of your locations have the ihsh-107 black in size small available?

Thanks

Nope, sorry, all sold out.

The Good Art "Rocklock" Ring & Sterling Button Watch Caps

We just received a new ring from Good Art which is straight fire.  Everytime we look at this thing our brain melts a little bit.  Love the three dimensional look of the design combined with the heavy weight of the ring.   

Along with the new Rocklock ring we've received woven cotton watchcaps which have a sterling silver Good Art button at the top of the cap. These are fluffy, soft, and woven in Oregon for Good Art.  

GA_RING_0001-722x1082.jpg
GA_RING_0007-1025x684.jpg
GA_RING_0006-1025x684.jpg
GA_RING_0005-1025x684.jpg
GA_RING_0008-1025x684.jpg
GA_RING_0009-1025x684.jpg

GOOD_ART_CAP_01-550x826.jpg
GOOD_ART_CAP_V1-1022x682.jpg
GOOD_ART_CAP_V3-1022x682.jpg
GOOD_ART_CAP_02-1022x682.jpg

Hey Kiya, any word on the Strike Gold tees being restocked?

I remember there was talk of indigo ones too at some point...

Not sure they'll be big enough but still curious, since summer is rapidly approaching here.