Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Flat Head Winter Flannel Collection

We've just received four new Flat Head flannels availble in both snap buttoned and workshirt versions.  These fit great and the fabric patterns are the best in the industry.

FH_BLUE_001-682x1022.jpg
FH_BLUE_005-1022x682.jpg
FH_BLUE_006-994x662.jpg

FH_AUBURN_01-682x1022.jpg
FH_AUBURN_05-983x654.jpg
FH_AUBURN_06-1022x682.jpg

FH_WHITE_001-682x1022.jpg
FH_WHITE_005-1022x682.jpg

GP_FLANNEL_01-682x1022.jpg
GP_FLANNEL_05-1022x682.jpg

The light blue version of the Winter Flannel is gorgeous, IMO it's the best color I've seen for that shirt.

Also, check out the detail in the yellow stripe on that last shirt! Really good stuff.

Agree that blue looks really nice but that last shirt look really short on the Self Edge guy.  I think he needs to go up a size.

Agree that blue looks really nice but that last shirt look really short on the Self Edge guy.  I think he needs to go up a size.

He's normally a 40 in all FH shirts but that shirt came up running a full size smaller than usual.

Watch Jeff Goldblum go shopping at Self Edge LA:

Edited by kiya

Any word on if or when 3sixteen indigo tees might get a restock? Thanks.

The next production run will be in all stores February 15th.

Edited by kiya

Where do we get the white tees Goldblum got?

At any Self Edge store! Or you can place a phone order for them by calling any store.  

3sixteen's Heavyweight Shadow Selvedge Jeans

We have a new version of a very popular denim from 3sixteen.  They've taken their Shadow Selvedge denim, which is an indigo warp and black weft, and upped the weight to 17oz.  

3sixteen's new heavy weight version of their famous Shadow Selvedge denim is going to be a future classic. They didn't just increase the weight, the denim is now a little more abrasive to the touch, meaning the contrast and aging characteristics are sure to be more pronounced with regular wear over time.

This new denim is available now in both their straight leg and slim taper fits.

316_SLIM_01-682x1022.jpg
316_ST_01-682x1022.jpg
316_ST_04-1022x682.jpg
316_ST_05-1022x682.jpg
316_ST_07-1022x682.jpg
316_ST_06-1022x682.jpg

What's the difference between the old and new Stevenson pocket tees? The neck looks a bit smaller and the shirt seems to measure trimmer overall, but I may be wrong. I love the old tees I have, but wouldn't mind something that's very slightly more fitted.

What's the difference between the old and new Stevenson pocket tees? The neck looks a bit smaller and the shirt seems to measure trimmer overall, but I may be wrong. I love the old tees I have, but wouldn't mind something that's very slightly more fitted.

The ribbing on the neck of the newer tees is tighter and smaller and the overall fit of the t-shirts has been slimmed out.

Self Edge 2015 Lookbook - Between The Lines featuring Bobby Lee, Nick Youssef, Dean Delray, & Kevin Christy

Robin Williams, Richard Pryor, Sam Kinison, Jim Carry, Roseanne Barr, & David Letterman all have one thing in common.  These comics got their start working at a club called The Comedy Store on Hollywood's Sunset Strip.  Opened in 1972 by Mitzi Shore (Pauly Shore's mother), the Store became the gold standard for a club which hosted the highest level of talent combined with a business that nurtured stand-up comedy as a true art form.  Nowhere could you drop in any night of the week and see such painfully honest truths being spewed upon its unready guests like you would at The Comedy Store.  This was real art, in a form which was both powerful and dangerous, coming to life all around the world, with its home at Mitzi Shore's club on Sunset Blvd.  

The Self Edge "Between The Lines" lookbook follows Bobby Lee, Nick Youssef, Dean Delray, and Kevin Christy into the crevices of The Comedy Store. These four comics, with a combined 48 years in the industry, are the ones carrying the spirit of this art form.  We have them here in their natural environment and wearing their own clothing from Self Edge.  

Photography/Editing: Luke Abiol
Production: Kiya Babzani

01_Bobby.jpg
02_Bobby.jpg
03_Bobby.jpg
04_Bobby.jpg
05_SelfEdge_BetweenTheLines.jpg
06B_Nick.jpg
07_Nick.jpg
08_Nick.jpg
09_Nick.jpg

Roy "Big Brother" Round Two Jeans

Roy Slaper is back at it with a new jean made of a newly developed denim.  

The new version of the Big Brother jean is a tweaked Big Bro fit with slightly more taper to the leg.  Also, this version of the Big Bro has a plain back (no buckle-back).

The denim on these jeans is an all new 13.5oz loomstate denim which Roy designed from the ground up.  Cone did not have or could not produce the selvedge id thread color so Roy had another company manufacture just the single thread that goes through the selvedge line and had the thread shipped to Cone to use on his denim. The warp yarns are made of a conventional American cotton while the weft is made of Supima cotton giving the fill threads an off-white caste.  Supima is a longer staple cotton so we're thinking it will be less prone to stretching out and knee bagging.

The fabric for the pocket bags were also custom designed and produced for this jean.  They're an undyed (natural) ring-ring 3x1 twill that is loomstate and will be cut in a way where it shrinks with the jean.  The pocket bags are a 10oz 3x1 cotton twill which is 100% ring spun, undyed, and unsanforized.

We're really in love with the rear pocket shape, the exposed 2-prong tack and washer rivets, and the fabric.  We don't believe we've seen a denim with this much character come out of Cone Mills before, the weave pattern is very unique and so is the shade of indigo.  

These jeans will go on sale at Noon (local time) at all four Self Edge stores on Saturday, January 10th and at 9am (PST) in our online store on the same day.   

Check the product page for full measurements, a full spec list, more info, and high-res photographs.

ROY_BB_01-682x1022.jpg
ROY_BB_04-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BB_05-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BB_06-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BB_09-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BB_08-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BB_07-1022x682.jpg

The day Roy releases a cut that has a medium wise and full legs with no taper, I will cop faster than anyone has copped before me.

Looks like I still gotta wait...the details on these look great!

The RS01 and RS02 were pretty close to that, maybe the rise was a little higher than medium though.

I def prefer the newer patches.... not just because of the dope graphics (miles ahead of anything out there) but because roy's jeans are super minimal and the stitches are really really fine.  I think the thinner patch works better with the rest of the jean.

might Roy be doing Duck or shirt again soon?

No plans to do a shirt or duck pants at this moment, sometime this spring will be women's jeans though!

I do love those old patches on the RS01 and RS02 though - simple, understated and where I've seen them they have aged so nicely. 

I like these new patches far better, especially now that there's another brand or two which have made near identical patches like Roy's original ones.