Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Strike Gold Indigo-Dyed Flannels & Self Edge Denim Hangers

We've just received Strike Gold's new indigo-dyed yarn flannel shirts and have finally put up our hand-made jean hangers up for sale in our online store.  

This is the first time we've seen a flannel shirt which has indigo dyed yarns within the pattern. This means that over time with regular wear and washing the pattern will start to change slowly as the indigo fades from the blue/navy areas of the pattern.  

The jean hangers which you've seen at all of our stores were designed by us and produced by Burwell Arts in San Francisco.  Each one is hammered and shaped by hand.  

SG_BLUE_03-739x1110.jpg
SG_BLUE_04-1025x682.jpg
SG_BLUE_07-1025x682.jpg

SG_RED_03-721x1082.jpg
SG_RED_04-1025x682.jpg
SG_RED_06-1025x682.jpg

SE_HANGER_01-782x1175.jpg
SE_HANGER_05-1284x854.jpg
SE_HANGER_03-1025x682.jpg
SE_HANGER_06-1025x682.jpg

Scratch that, looks like we had a little mixup with the Dehen.

Received the women's one instead of the men's which is why it was so small!  :D

Will be posting thoughts and impressions once it arrives.

Edited by Broark

Just purchased a pair of ih633s from SESF about a week ago, and this just happened. I understand that SESF is pretty backed up on repairs and altering, but can this particular repair get quickly fixed up?

Sorry about that, please bring those by SESF asap and we'll rush it to have it fixed within 2 or 3 days.  Unless the fabric is torn it's a very simple repair.

kiya, just wanted to say thank you for doing the Que Pasa sale...With the recent addition of sizes, I was finally able to pick up the navy Flat Head chambray I've been eyeing since 2010, and at such a ridiculous price I feel like I stole it from you ($60 for those keeping count)! Makes me wonder what else you've got buried/locked away but everyone should take advantage of this!

kiya, just wanted to say thank you for doing the Que Pasa sale...With the recent addition of sizes, I was finally able to pick up the navy Flat Head chambray I've been eyeing since 2010, and at such a ridiculous price I feel like I stole it from you ($60 for those keeping count)! Makes me wonder what else you've got buried/locked away but everyone should take advantage of this!

You're welcome! There's a second round going up on December 22nd with more stuff and some additions.

I've got lots of things buried deep in storage.. loads of jeans with tabs and arcuates, samples of jean models that never got made, etc.. I can't part with any of it!

Hey kiya... is a roy jacket or shirt in the works in the near future or is he mainly focusing on jeans?

This...I would be ALL over a Roy denim jacket / whatever shirt project he has up his sleeves.

Now that I have two pairs of pants from him I can't get enough of the craftsmanship.

Also I've worn my Dehen varsity the last two days, I've never gotten more compliments on a jacket before.

Great work guys.

You're welcome! There's a second round going up on December 22nd with more stuff and some additions.

I've got lots of things buried deep in storage.. loads of jeans with tabs and arcuates, samples of jean models that never got made, etc.. I can't part with any of it!

any idea what time things will be on the website?  the tan colored TFH chambray in 40/42 is the one i've been after for years if there is one!

Edited by ironheartfan123

Hey kiya... is a roy jacket or shirt in the works in the near future or is he mainly focusing on jeans?

Roy's next release is a redone version of the Big Bro jean without a buckle-back in a new denim he's been working on all year.  No plans for jackets anytime soon.

Que Pasa Shop Self Edge Warehouse Sale Round Two

Que Pasa Shop is launching Round Two of the Self Edge Warehouse Sale today at 10am. Items being sold will consist of every imaginable type of thing we've ever sold from every brand we've carried. Everything is marked down 40% to 80% off the original retail price. We've partnered wth our good friends from Que Pasa Shop (@quepasashop) Portland to sell everything for us. All items will be shipped from Portland, so regardless of where you are there will be no sales tax. We will have over 500 items listed for sale, it's quite a bit of product going back to the beginning of Self Edge; some things make us nostalgic for the early items we used to sell. We will be reducing the prices of whatever is left from the sale every 7 to 10 days until everything is gone.

http://quepasashop.com