Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya,

for the winter flannels from both Iron Heart and The Flat Head; are they pretty similar in terms of overall warmth, or is one  going to be considerably warmer than the other? are they relatively the same thickness as well?

The Iron Heart ones are warmer due to the fact it's a tighter weave where as even the heavy flannels from Flat Head are fairly loosely woven.  

Edited by kiya

You don't NEED a leather chain.  There are other ways you can make sure you never lose your wallet!  ;-)

http://www.goodart.com/store/wallet-chains/model-16-wallet-chain.html

haha, you won't need a wallet chain because you won't have any money left to put into a wallet!

seriously though i totally want one of those model AAs but unfortunately have to replace my CD player first :(

haha, you won't need a wallet chain because you won't have any money left to put into a wallet!

seriously though i totally want one of those model AAs but unfortunately have to replace my CD player first :(

Have you put that 10AA bracelet on your wrist yet? You may change your mind once you try the thing on. 

Hey kiya...for the portland shirt, it says to hand wash, but have you seen/had any problems with gently machine washing it?  And is it okay to iron? 

The main issue with machine wash is the glass buttons.  It COULD be ok, but if your deadstock glass buttons break, that one's kinda on you.  

No reason not to iron it!

Thanks tyler!  I think I'll probably put it in one of those laundry bags, then in the gentle cycle, and take out the spare buttons from the cyanide pocket for safe keeping.

So basically, you're ignoring the advice from the shirt's creator and that you solicited from the store that sold you the shirt.  despite being fully aware that you might break the particular cats eye buttons that cannot be realistically replaced.

with all sincerity (0), good luck with that approach

Edited by readytoignite

Thanks for your concern readytoignite, but it's entirely possible that roy put "hand wash" just to be safe.  While it's very light, it's still cotton, and if he puts hand wash then he can't be held responsible for any problems.

Tyler mentioned that the main problem are the buttons.  I can easily see this being a problem if I chucked it in alone with no barrier and put my washer setting on "Fucking Demolish Roy Shirt."  I'd imagine that if I put it in with other clothes, in a thick laundry bag, and on delicate, it'd probably be fine.  I also have 2 spare glass buttons.

ih123, I can hand wash it, but I just prefer that my clothes be machine washed so they feel cleaner.

Any word on the Strike Gold 1109 being restocked? I remember you mentioned September before.  

What size are you looking for?

I think I'm a 32, since I tried on 3109's in that size a few months back. 

We're sold out of most common sizes of that jean right now but hope to have more when the next production run is done in December.

Edited by kiya

Hey Kiya, I love the materials selfedge uses on their denim. I was wondering if you guys will ever make a very skinny cut? I'm looking for a pair of selvedge with dope fading properties and around 20-25 oz in weight. The problem I'm having is the leg opening. I'm a true 30 but I can never find a pair that has a 6 inch leg opening, even including all the shrinkage. Looks like my only option would Be Saint Laurent Paris' 15.5 cm selvedge but they don't compare to the fading properties of your stores denim. I was looking into the SEXIH22-301s thinking about tapering them but I want to keep the selvedge line. Please Kiya, release a really tapered pair of heavy weight denim. I beg you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Kiya, I love the materials selfedge uses on their denim. I was wondering if you guys will ever make a very skinny cut? I'm looking for a pair of selvedge with dope fading properties and around 20-25 oz in weight. The problem I'm having is the leg opening. I'm a true 30 but I can never find a pair that has a 6 inch leg opening, even including all the shrinkage. Looks like my only option would Be Saint Laurent Paris' 15.5 cm selvedge but they don't compare to the fading properties of your stores denim. I was looking into the SEXIH22-301s thinking about tapering them but I want to keep the selvedge line. Please Kiya, release a really tapered pair of heavy weight denim. I beg you!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad that you're into the jeans we sell but i don't believe we'll be making a jean that heavy in weight with a leg opening of 6" across on a size 30.  The closest I believe we can get is the 301s by Iron Heart in a 29, that's about a 6.8" opening.

Edited by kiya

Kiya, do you know if it is possible to get these glasses from Globe Specs in a bigger size? Love them but they are too small for me.

http://www.selfedge.com/globe-specs?product_id=1125

I'm sorry but they do not product multiple sizes of those glasses.

Thanks for your concern readytoignite, but it's entirely possible that roy put "hand wash" just to be safe.  While it's very light, it's still cotton, and if he puts hand wash then he can't be held responsible for any problems.

Tyler mentioned that the main problem are the buttons.  I can easily see this being a problem if I chucked it in alone with no barrier and put my washer setting on "Fucking Demolish Roy Shirt."  I'd imagine that if I put it in with other clothes, in a thick laundry bag, and on delicate, it'd probably be fine.  I also have 2 spare glass buttons.

ih123, I can hand wash it, but I just prefer that my clothes be machine washed so they feel cleaner.

from what I know about Roy (through his work), I am not sure he's ever done anything "just to be safe."  I am fairly certain he does things because they're right.

btw, thanks for reminding me about this shirt - dug it out for a soft opening dinner at Enrique Olvera's new joint.  what a fucking great shirt.

I want to send my thanks for the sizing advice I got while at SENY on the SG 5109 I got to put them on today and they were spot on!

Hey Kiya, when will SENY have those Iron Heart lined ombre flannels?

We'll have those by Thursday or Friday of this week at all stores.

hey kiya, how should i size on the Ace boots co. black oxfords with the vibram sole? any sizing advice is appreciated, thanks.

Up half a size from your Alden Trubalance/Barrie lasted shoes…same size as your converse all-star/nike size.  If you have other comparisons I could try and help you out that way.  Let me know.