Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya, what's coming from Roy next?

Another run of the KS1002 jean, should be ready by November 1st.

Can't get enough of the Good Art jewelry and everything else! Love the attention to craftsmanship that goes into it almost as much as the design. The earnestness of the methods make it all the more exciting. Love it.

Kiya,

Is there anyway I can get a hold of a spare button that comes with the Flathead Indigo Linen S/S?  My shirt I ordered came with an all black button on one pocket, and a button with "Flat Head" in white on the other.  Thanks

That is standard on this run of those shirts, and has been a common occurrence in the Flat Head line amongst shirts that sport the "flat head" branded buttons lately.

Kiya, it seems there are quite a few pairs of the previous versions in your online store, but does selfedge plan to carry the mister freedom Californian Okinawa?

No, we skipped on this model.

Can't get enough of the Good Art jewelry and everything else! Love the attention to craftsmanship that goes into it almost as much as the design. The earnestness of the methods make it all the more exciting. Love it.

Glad you like Good Art jewelry, everyone across our four shops has become completely obsessed with the line since the beginning of the year.  I'm sure your love of Good Art has something to do with our mutual friend Ian in Japan too... 

Hi Kiya, if I wear a size small in all of my Iron Heart shirts should I simply go with a size small in the purple Iron Heart flannel? I looked at the size chart and it looks like it's a little bit bigger than last year's herringbone flannel, which I own in size small. The herringbone flannel is the smallest fitting IH shirt I own (I own the IHSH 85, 33 and a few others). So hard to tell because the size MEDIUM purple flannel is kinda similar in size to the size small IHSH-33!!

Size small or medium? That is the question...

Edited by harorld

Hi Kiya, if I wear a size small in all of my Iron Heart shirts should I simply go with a size small in the purple Iron Heart flannel? I looked at the size chart and it looks like it's a little bit bigger than last year's herringbone flannel, which I own in size small. The herringbone flannel is the smallest fitting IH shirt I own (I own the IHSH 85, 33 and a few others). So hard to tell because the size MEDIUM purple flannel is kinda similar in size to the size small IHSH-33!!

Size small or medium? That is the question...

Yes, stick with a size small.  Due to it's weight you can also shrink it a hair when you wash it eventually but we've found it to run true to Iron Heart's past sizing.

Any new denim jacket projects coming up for this fall/winter?

Going to take the denim jacket plunge this year, along with a Wild Child wallet most likely once yall get a restock.

Another run of IH overdyed Type III w/ hand pockets is coming in December.. and the Wild Child wallets are coming next week!

Another run of IH overdyed Type III w/ hand pockets is coming in December.. and the Wild Child wallets are coming next week!

WHAAAAAAAT. Will they be the modified or the OG version? I just bought an IH overdyed Type III last week; the one without the pockets and I don't want to regret that purchase. haha

might want to return that one if you want some hand pockets

@FLDenim221 Although hand pockets would be useful for the harsh Chicago winters, it's not the end of the world; I appreciate the lack of hand pockets with relation to staying "true" to the original '60s style Type III.

WHAAAAAAAT. Will they be the modified or the OG version? I just bought an IH overdyed Type III last week; the one without the pockets and I don't want to regret that purchase. haha

I don't believe in jackets without hand pockets, so yes, it will have hand pockets.

Hey Kiya, any idea when/if you'll get the IHSH-107's in? All three colors?

We have them now in all three colors at all of our stores. They're available in-store or via phone order now and will be in our online store in about 8 days.

\@kiya To clarify, will it be the version with the longer length or the OG shorter length?

The new release will be in between the two lengths.

Just got Mister Freedom's new Indigo Metisse shirt, soaked it in hot water and dried it for max shrinkage, this is going to be a new favorite shirt of mine.

Edited by kiya

The 3sixteen+ 32BSP Shadow Selvedge - Straight Tapered

One of our best selling jean fits at Self Edge is 3sixteen+'s 30BSP.  This jean is designed to be a straight leg jean above the knee with a slim cut jean's taper and leg opening. It's a combination of a straight leg jean and a tapered jean for the guy that wants (or needs) room in the upper block but also wants a small leg opening.

3sixteen+ have taken this fit and added their Shadow Selvedge denim to it and released it as the 32BSP.  This fabric has an indigo warp and black weft and is stitched together with tonal threads.  When new the jean looks like a dark indigo denim and with time will lighten with regular wear with a super high contrast fade.  The patch artwork has been redone by Portland's Tronfucious The Grape God 444.

The new 32BSP jean along with a full restock of all 3sixteen and 3sixteen+ jeans and belts have arrived at all of our stores and in our online store.

316_32BSP_01-682x1025.jpg

316_32BSP_05-1025x682.jpg

316_32BSP_06-1025x682.jpg

316_32BSP_07-1025x682.jpg

And Wild Child wallet ordered, can't wait!

There is one thing different with the new run you just ordered (photos are being updated next week), we've change the ring to the hammered ring which they've started using on their mid-length wallet, it's way cooler looking.

Edited by kiya

Here's the new Wild Child wallet with my (4.5 year old) wallet on the right:

14E237EC-C2EB-42BE-9956-38EF3A4DBCDA.jpg

5FA94C9B-CC21-42BC-8CFF-E09E8D6FB943.jpg

I picked up the Wild Child yesterday -- don't worry Broark, there are more ;-)

I was sold when I saw Kiya's well worn one.  Beautiful break-in with compression over time of the relatively thick leather.  I noticed the color of the cordovan portion can vary somewhat -- all beautiful and each one perfectly stitched.

John