Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

IRON HEART'S ULTRA HEAVY JEANS & BUZZ RICKSON'S SLUB COTTON LOGO TEE

Iron Heart have just released two jeans out an unsanforized 21oz selvedge denim.  These start out super rigid and with some wear will setttle in with defined creasing due to the weight and rigidness of the denim, sure to create some intense fading over time.  This denim is available now in both the 634 straight leg fit and the 666 slim tapered fit.  These jeans (as far as we know) will not be restocked and are limited to this run.  

We've also received a Buzz Rickson logo t-shirt on a custom Buzz Rickson produced t-shirt body.  Slubby, undyed, and untreated cotton has been used to produce this fabric to give it an off-white shade with tiny specks of cotton fibers still visible.  

634_UHR_01-682x1025.jpg

634_UHR_05-1025x682.jpg

IH666-UHK_01-680x1022.jpg

IH666-UHK_07-1022x680.jpg

BR_TEE_01-789x1185.jpg

BR_TEE_04-1025x682.jpg

BR_TEE_02-1025x682.jpg

any idea when SESF will get more Sugarcane Okinawa's?

Next restock of those is July 26th.

Flat Head & Real Japan Blues Summer Collection and Horsehide Jackets

We've just received a set of Flat Head and Real Japan Blues short sleeved shirts and t-shirts perfect for the warmer months.  Along with these new shirts we've also had a run of brown Shinki horsehide jackets made for Self Edge, these things fit like a dream and the leather is what you would expect from Flat Head.  Check the product page for the leather jacket for a full rundown of all hardwear and leather specifications.  

We've also received a full restock of jeans, wallet chains, silver rings, belts in both tan and black, and blank heavyweight t-shirts in various colors.  

FH_LB_01-682x1025.jpg

FH_WHITE_01-682x1025.jpg

FH_WHITE_04-1025x682.jpg

FH_YELLOW_01-682x1025.jpg

FH_YELLOW_04-1025x682.jpg

FH_NEUTRON_01-682x1025.jpg

FH_TEE_01-811x1218.jpg

FH_TEE_04-1025x682.jpg

FH_BLACK_01-682x1025.jpg

FH_BLACK_04-1025x682.jpg

That rayon shirt is so so so good.  Is there something about the fabric that makes it more expensive to make than something like cotton?  It seems like FH's rayon is pretty up there when compared to it's cotton offerings.

Doesn't look like the se05bsp restocked, has it not updated yet or just was not part of the FH restock?

SE05BSP only restocked in a few sizes, the large run will be available August 5th.

That rayon shirt is so so so good.  Is there something about the fabric that makes it more expensive to make than something like cotton?  It seems like FH's rayon is pretty up there when compared to it's cotton offerings.

Rayon is far more expensive to produce nowadays, especially when it feels like what FH's rayon feels like.  I've never felt even vintage deadstock shirts that feel as nice as FH's rayon.  The way it breaks in over time makes it extremely soft to the touch.

Thanks kiya. One more quick question...

Will the sexi23 be replacing the sexi14 indigo model, more specifically will it have another production run? Reason I ask is it's the best fitting jean ive ever owned and the denim is pretty amazing as well... Might actually be my favorite over any as well and saw my size is getting down to just a few pairs left. If there are no future runs foreseen I may need to pick up a pair for later use.

Thanks kiya. One more quick question...

Will the sexi23 be replacing the sexi14 indigo model, more specifically will it have another production run? Reason I ask is it's the best fitting jean ive ever owned and the denim is pretty amazing as well... Might actually be my favorite over any as well and saw my size is getting down to just a few pairs left. If there are no future runs foreseen I may need to pick up a pair for later use.

Nope, no other runs will be done.  I would get a pair asap, our online stock is about to be synced with the stores and we have very few left.

It's unbelievably good.  It's a shame the 42 didn't work out for me, or I'd be wearing it more days than not.  The rayon itself is more expensive to produce, and work with than cotton.  A portion of the higher price though can be attributed to things like what our product page mentions as "hand stitched accents".  A bit of an understatement as the entire placket and collar have hand stitching throughout…just another instance of Flat Head doing absolutely insane things in an offhanded, second nature way.  

I've been wearing my FH jacquard shirt often, I absolutely love it.  The detail in the knit is really impressive, especially the inside of the fabric.

Also that new RJB shirt has one of the most impressive fabrics on any garment I've ever seen.  The way the pattern seems to shift depending on the viewing angle is just unreal, and virtually impossible to capture in photos.

Any news about these?

They're at SEPDX and SENY already, showing up at the other two stores in a week or so.  

They go on sale August 1st.

Will you be getting the newest Mensfile/Clutch combo mag?

Yup, it's available now at all our stores and going up in our online store next week.

That leather jacket looks like something I need in my closet, like most things from self edge seem to be.

Holy shit that FH Jacquard is calling out to me. On the other hand I'm hoping to eat at some point next semester....

Edit: Are there any at SENY?

Edited by SamLJack

Holy shit that FH Jacquard is calling out to me. On the other hand I'm hoping to eat at some point next semester....

Edit: Are there any at SENY?

Yup, they're at SENY now.

What's the jewlery selection like at SENY? In particular feather rings!

All stores just got a restock, so all four stores have every piece now.

Roy & His Cone Project Kinda Special Jeans

Roy Slaper is back to making jeans and we think he's created his best fitting jean yet.  It's between a slim and straight cut with some taper to the leg using his specially made 14.5oz loomstate Cone White Oak denim that was developed exclusively for Roy.  This is the denim that was produced for the RN04 jean originally and clocks in at 14.5oz per square yard in its raw state yet feels like a heavier denim than its stated weight.  The denim has a nice heft to it and the fit is just perfect.  The fabric's fibers really come alive after the initial soak with a little bit of hairiness which goes away after a week or two of wear.  With a denim this rigid we're sure to see some wild worn in pairs later this year with a higher contrast wear pattern than his last lighter weight jean release. 

If worn true to size the jean will fit a little slimmer than shown in the photos, yet due to the cut of the upper block it's a jean that can easily be sized up or down for a slimmer or roomier fit without looking sloppy or too snug.

These jeans will go on sale at Noon (local time) at all four Self Edge stores on Saturday, July 19th and at 9am (PDT) in our online store on the same day.  

Check the product page for full measurements, a full spec list, more info, and high-res photographs.

ROY_KS_01-682x1025.jpg

ROY_KS_03-1456x923.jpg

ROY_KS_04-1025x682.jpg

ROY_KS_05-1025x682.jpg

ROY_KS_06-1025x682.jpg

ROY_KS_07-1025x682.jpg

ROY_KS_08-1025x682.jpg

Are there any of the Stevenson paisley shirts in XL floating around one of the stores? Would love to pick one up. If not I might jump on the indigo deckhand instead.

Nope, sold out.. and none left in Japan either (we checked long ago).