Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

We've received a full restock of Strike Gold's 5105 and 5109 jeans at SESF and in our online store (along with belts in tan or black).  These won't last long:

http://www.selfedge.com/strike-gold

Kiya and selfedge crew,

So I'm having some size concerns. I'm wanting to get the 5109's but not sure if I should size up to a 32 or 33. My 1105's sz31 (R.I.P.) are officially retired due to not being able to fit them anymore. How do the 5109's fit in comparison to the sexfhxrjb sz 32? Can't really wear these SEXIH16's in this Austin heat. Thanks in advance.

I'll 3rd the others. 32 should be great.

INTRODUCING OUR NEW WEBSITE, DARN-IT! VIDEO, AND SALE

To celebrate the launch of our new website and Darn-It! video we're having a sale across all four Self Edge stores and in our online store this weekend, read a few paragraphs down for sale info.

We're proud to announce that we've launched an entirely new website. Our old site served us well over the last eight years but was long overdue for an upgrade.  With our new site we've added quite a bit of functionality.  We've also built a mobile version of the site that will automatically load the appropriate version depending on your mobile device. One feature we're especially proud of is something we've yet to see in any other online store, our Jean Finder.  With this feature you input the measurements of your favorite pair of jeans and our site will show which jean model is closest in overall fit to the jean you currently own out of the 90 different models of jeans in our online store.  Our new site was designed by Mark Montgomery, who has been our Art Director for the past four years.  Mark's attention to detail shows through our new site, with every aspect of the shopping experience taken into account with more efficient browsing, clearer size charts, higher-res photographs, and an overall better experience.

Along with our new site we've finished the Darn-It! video which highlights our jean repair and hemming services which are available at all four of our stores.  This video was directed by our video director, Kellen Dengler, and includes an original J-Zone track produced exclusively for our video.  Watch the video for some insight into how and why we repair and hem the way we do.

To celebrate the launch of our new site we're having a sale this weekend at all four stores and online.  Everything will be marked down 14% for three days.

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, SELA, and SEPDX:

June 20, 21, and 22 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:

Starts 9am (PST) Friday, June 20

Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, June 23

Sale in-store and online will be 14% off (excludes all printed media, CDs, and hems/repairs). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 14% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday June 20, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) Monday, June 23.  Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 14% off along with free shipping worldwide: JeanFinder

Self Edge Online Store!

Sorry for asking again but when will the Flathead 3012's be restocked? Initial date was June 1st, but maybe they've been pushed back? Either way, I'll be stopping by SESF this coming weekend!

These are showing up at all stores next week.

Yo Babzan,

Do you guys ever stock the Iron Heart Wabash shirts? If not is there a Wabash out there that you recommend (I am partial to the workshirt over the western)? 

We had the IH ones when the first run was done almost two years.  We really like the Flat Head ones, they're being remade in September so we'll have them again then.

We had the IH ones when the first run was done almost two years.  We really like the Flat Head ones, they're being remade in September so we'll have them again then.

Are you speaking of the Diamond and Dots one on the site? Is the material more like a lighter version of their 3xxx fabric or is it completely different?

Are you speaking of the Diamond and Dots one on the site? Is the material more like a lighter version of their 3xxx fabric or is it completely different?

Yes, that's the on, it's a bit lighter but also feels very different and isn't as dark as the 3xxx denim.

PSA... Just picked up this super duper nice Sugar Cane wabash shirt.  I don't think it's on the website yet.

For sizing, I'm FH 44, IH Large and I took SC Large on this.  Call SE and tell em you want the wabash...

4Nl2NFal.jpg

This is probably my favorite shirt of all time.  You can wear it over almost anything and it looks great and is nice and comfortable.  It's pretty different from the pioneer denim, which starts out really really crisp and eventually gets nice and soft.  The fabric on the wabash is kinda dry, light, and hairy.  Perfect shirt/overshirt material.

100% size up on the appaloosa.  It is the first and only thing in the MF line Christophe has taken a large with.  He is usually a comfortable medium.  I just tried on the large, which is usually fine for me raw, in MF stuff.  Without even trying, I incredible hulked all but the bottom two buttons the first time I moved my arms.  You should definitely cop 2X if you're getting it.  

PSA... Just picked up this super duper nice Sugar Cane wabash shirt.  I don't think it's on the website yet.

For sizing, I'm FH 44, IH Large and I took SC Large on this.  Call SE and tell em you want the wabash...

This is probably my favorite shirt of all time.  You can wear it over almost anything and it looks great and is nice and comfortable.  It's pretty different from the pioneer denim, which starts out really really crisp and eventually gets nice and soft.  The fabric on the wabash is kinda dry, light, and hairy.  Perfect shirt/overshirt material.

Thanks for both your guy's replies. Dj, beautiful shirt. I hadn't thought of SC or the possibility of a short sleeve. Thanks again. 

Ben, thats something I love about the Pioneer. I've got the TFH Type II Jacket and shit is like velvet after first wash. I am interested to see what this fabric will be like. 

tmadd, don't you have one? How is it coming along?

Really? I figured with an inch and a half of shrinkage in the chest and two in the length that would maybe warrant sizing up.

with this particular fabric that we have at Self Edge, i've heard from multiple customers that it won't shrink that full inch and a half but it's still cut slimmer than most of mister freedom's clothes. i'm normally a small in MF and with this shirt, i'd be a medium. 

INTRODUCING OUR NEW WEBSITE, DARN-IT! VIDEO, AND SALE

To celebrate the launch of our new website and Darn-It! video we're having a sale across all four Self Edge stores and in our online store this weekend, read a few paragraphs down for sale info.

We're proud to announce that we've launched an entirely new website. Our old site served us well over the last eight years but was long overdue for an upgrade.  With our new site we've added quite a bit of functionality.  We've also built a mobile version of the site that will automatically load the appropriate version depending on your mobile device. One feature we're especially proud of is something we've yet to see in any other online store, our Jean Finder.  With this feature you input the measurements of your favorite pair of jeans and our site will show which jean model is closest in overall fit to the jean you currently own out of the 90 different models of jeans in our online store.  Our new site was designed by Mark Montgomery, who has been our Art Director for the past four years.  Mark's attention to detail shows through our new site, with every aspect of the shopping experience taken into account with more efficient browsing, clearer size charts, higher-res photographs, and an overall better experience.

Along with our new site we've finished the Darn-It! video which highlights our jean repair and hemming services which are available at all four of our stores.  This video was directed by our video director, Kellen Dengler, and includes an original J-Zone track produced exclusively for our video.  Watch the video for some insight into how and why we repair and hem the way we do.

To celebrate the launch of our new site we're having a sale this weekend at all four stores and online.  Everything will be marked down 14% for three days.

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, SELA, and SEPDX:

June 20, 21, and 22 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:

Starts 9am (PST) Friday, June 20

Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, June 23

Sale in-store and online will be 14% off (excludes all printed media, CDs, and hems/repairs). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 14% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday June 20, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) Monday, June 23.  Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 14% off along with free shipping worldwide: JeanFinder

I'm not sure this is the spot to ask this... BUT, I just tried the jean finder on the updated website and I added the measurements from a size 32 APC new standards pair. I have never worn or owned a pair but the fit looks real nice on lots of people and my buddy wont wear anything else because he likes the fit so much....

Basically, my question is, "why isn't there more similar denim available on your site but from a better brand?" It would be great if I could show my friend and maybe even try the denim out myself. Is there a rule against copying other brand measurements? btw, the closest pair was 634-XHS 25OZ DENIM but I don't think I could get him in 25oz at this point of summer. 

I'm not sure this is the spot to ask this... BUT, I just tried the jean finder on the updated website and I added the measurements from a size 32 APC new standards pair. I have never worn or owned a pair but the fit looks real nice on lots of people and my buddy wont wear anything else because he likes the fit so much....

Basically, my question is, "why isn't there more similar denim available on your site but from a better brand?" It would be great if I could show my friend and maybe even try the denim out myself. Is there a rule against copying other brand measurements? btw, the closest pair was 634-XHS 25OZ DENIM but I don't think I could get him in 25oz at this point of summer. 

Our site shows the top three or four closest fits to the jean measurements you put in, what the second or third choice?

Our site shows the top three or four closest fits to the jean measurements you put in, what the second or third choice?

1. ST-44x (khaki)

2. ST-120 x (my favorite but he doesn't like super dark)

3. 634-XHS 20oz

4. ST-220x (black)

Now that I've realized I can select 32-36, my results look better/closer.

1. ST-44x (khaki)

2. ST-120 x (my favorite but he doesn't like super dark)

3. 634-XHS 20oz

4. ST-220x (black)

Now that I've realized I can select 32-36, my results look better/closer.

Looks like your best bet here is anything made in 3sixteen's ST cut which means you have about 6 choices or so of different fabrics in three different colors.

Kiya,

The site is showing no size 30 in the La Jolla. Can you tell me when they would be restocked? I am ready to purchase a pair ASAP.

regards,

larry

Kiya,

The site is showing no size 30 in the La Jolla. Can you tell me when they would be restocked? I am ready to purchase a pair ASAP.

regards,

larry

Check again, magically one just appeared for you.