Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya: You getting Star of Hollywood shirts in this season?

Yup, we're getting ten new shirts from SoH and Sun Surf that come in June 1st.

Iron Heart Indigo Dyed Waffle Fabric Shirts & Heavy Weight Jersey Knit "For Comfort" Shirts

We've just received a few new Iron Heart shirts including new colors of one our most popular shirts from last year. 

First up we have a new indigo-dyed shirt made of a wild "waffle" fabric made of 100% cotton.  The fabric has taken on the indigo dye in an interesting way and shows quite a bit of character even in it's new unworn state.  Once the color starts to drop off in the high-friction areas this thing is going to look wild (in a good way).

One of our most popular shirts last year was the black jersey knit "For Comfort" shirt and we're happy to announce that Iron Heart has now produced them in gray and navy.  These are a solid year round shirt that can be used as an overshirt with a tee or another shirt underneath or just worn as a shirt alone. 

All three of these shirts along with a full restock of the 301s (now with showing selvedge ID), 634s, 461, Beatle Busters, 9634s, and all jackets and vests have hit all Self Edge stores.   Check the online store for full spec lists, measurements, and size charts.

IHSH_01.jpg

IHSH_03.jpg

IHSH_04.jpg

IHSH_07.jpg

IHSH-64_GREY_01.jpg

IHSH-64_GREY_05.jpg

IHSH-64_0001.jpg

IHSH-64_0005.jpg

Kiya, got anything in SELA that will work with the California weather? I need a nice shirt to wear to a party in a few days and I plan to stop by SE by Friday, and possibly pick up a pair of SG5109 in a size 33 if you guys have it instock.

Kiya, got anything in SELA that will work with the California weather? I need a nice shirt to wear to a party in a few days and I plan to stop by SE by Friday, and possibly pick up a pair of SG5109 in a size 33 if you guys have it instock.

Yup, we've got loads of spring/summer items at SELA now, including a lot of wild party lookin' shirts, which also happens to be my favorite type of shirts we carry.

Hey Kiya, Giles said that SE will be getting the 666UHR (21/23oz). Do you know when they will be at SENY so I can check them out in person?

I believe they'll be coming in late June.

Kiya, is there a size 36 in the Strike Gold 5105 in stock at any of the SE stores?

Nope, sold out.  But we're getting a small restock on June 5th.

Finally got around to getting my SExI14s repaired by SE...

I had already done some by the way (black stitching).

14066053927_520a3c0f4b_o.jpg

14249328391_d0b49e5fbe_o.jpg

14066053767_d8f9beab77_o.jpg

14229483156_94bbd5a45f_o.jpg

14249328271_0c5919bf43_o.jpg

14229483156_94bbd5a45f_o.jpg

I decided that I wanted to keep my SG2109s but I wanted to try them as shorts (jorts?) BEFORE they were faded and destroyed. Reason is, is because the knee tends to be the highest fade area and now that these are just above the knees, I should get a completely different fade. California is starting to get hot now so these have been seeing some wear... Shorts were hemmed at SE.

14250450542_d20be06a21_o.jpg

14229484606_9ea201e787_o.jpg

14065979809_b06e4bd7d6_o.jpg

They have seen a fair bit of wear. Slow and steady... SExI08BK

14066022270_7a799c009c_o.jpg

14272813503_14d0ac0725_o.jpg

Probably worn these for another month since my last update. Been wearing my SG2109 and SExI08BK shorts (jorts) since the California heat has been rearing its head. Fucking love this denim though... Right front pocket is about to explode (after numerous repairs) so once they do, will be hot washing again and getting SE to work their magic.

14065970308_7f4ac30606_o.jpg

14272813833_43c9b9855b_o.jpg

Finally got a pair of 301S and the new ones have the visible selvedge. Worn a couple of days, these are reserved for winter, but love the denim and the fit is great.

14066021350_6bff79ace2_o.jpg

kiya, when are you guys releasing the new self edge x globe specs cozumel?

Should be in about 3 or 4 weeks max.

Hi are the measurements of the 3sixteen shadow selvedge denim reversed on your site?  The ST-120x - Slim tapered shows a thigh measurement of 13.0 and a leg opening of 9.0 on a size 36.  The SL-120x Straight leg shows a thigh measurement of 13.0 and a the leg opening at 8.6 for a size 36?  When I look at other sites that carry these models the ST-120x is a tighter fit with a smaller thigh measurement and a smaller leg opening when compared to the SL-120x.

Thanks

Hi are the measurements of the 3sixteen shadow selvedge denim reversed on your site?  The ST-120x - Slim tapered shows a thigh measurement of 13.0 and a leg opening of 9.0 on a size 36.  The SL-120x Straight leg shows a thigh measurement of 13.0 and a the leg opening at 8.6 for a size 36?  When I look at other sites that carry these models the ST-120x is a tighter fit with a smaller thigh measurement and a smaller leg opening when compared to the SL-120x.

Thanks

Nope, thats what the jeans measured when we measured the last run.  If you notice the rest of the sizes the ST is slimmer and has a smaller leg opening than the SL.

Nope, thats what the jeans measured when we measured the last run.  If you notice the rest of the sizes the ST is slimmer and has a smaller leg opening than the SL.

Okay but is that a stitching tolerance issue?  Do manufacturers have a +/- tolerance for certain measurements?  Maybe your order of ST cut's were on the high side of the tolerance?

By the way the size 32 ST has a thigh measurement of 11.5 and a leg opening of 8.0.  The bigger straight leg cut SL in a size 32 has a 11.5 thigh and a 7.7 leg opening?

Ebbet's Field for Self Edge Baseball Caps

You probably didn't see this coming, and neither did we.  Somehow a set of caps showed up repping our four stores across a custom wool six-paneled leather strap backed cap.  Each cap is color coded to that city's baseball (or in Portland's case, soccer) team.  The caps are made in Seattle by Ebbet's Field and each one is only available at the Self Edge store which it represents, or you can cheat by buying them all online in our webshop. 

We had made a batch of these two months ago but they sold out so quickly in the stores that we had to wait until another run was done to get them into our webstore.  We think these are the best fitting baseball caps on the market, they're comfortable and the crown is just right. 

se-facebook-ad-1.jpg
SESF_02.jpg
SESF_03.jpg
SELA_02.jpg
SELA_03.jpg
SENY_02.jpg
SENY_04.jpg
SEPDX_02.jpg
SEPDX_03.jpg

I also got the sepdx one when I was in the other day. been wanting an ebbets cap for a while, love this one.

had a long conversation with tyler there, too. I'm in portland all summer and self edge is 2 blocks from where I work.. money will be spent this summer. thinking some beatle busters soon...

Edited by nicksh

Genius idea!

EDIT

If we buy two, what do we do for shipping with regards to USA?

Pick one which has the shipping added then pick the second with free shipping.

I bought the SEPDX one and love it!

Kiya, any updates on the SExI23? I'm beyond excited.

SEXI23 comes out June 6th! 

Denim came out very nice on these and the mill really nailed the feel we wanted.

I also got the sepdx one when I was in the other day. been wanting an ebbets cap for a while, love this one.

had a long conversation with tyler there, too. I'm in portland all summer and self edge is 2 blocks from where I work.. money will be spent this summer. thinking some beatle busters soon...

You wont be dissapointed by the Beatle Busters. Wonderful cut and my favorite pair of jeans I have owned.