Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Indigo Hilts looking good, although the measurements do look a bit different than the khaki ones I have.

The indigo ones look slightly fuller in the thigh (ex. size 36 thigh is a whole 1.2 inches bigger in comparison).

I got these in sz. 32 (which is pretty much TTS for me) and they fit exactly like the chinos I have in sz. 33.

The fabric is silky smooth and feel closer to that of a summer weight suiting pant. Before receiving them, I contemplated chopping these into shorts but I think that would be a mistake now. I'll prob get them hemmed and wear them to all the weddings I attend this summer.

the constant delays by strike gold is driving me nut  :wacko:

It's driving us more nuts than it is you, trust me.  

We have the 5105/5109 at SESF and they're arriving at SELA early this week.  Once all four stores have them they'll go online.

Is there more than the two colour schemes of socks from Chups? Want to be able to discern which one I want when I call the order in, not just saying one on left or right of kiya's picture. 

Is there more than the two colour schemes of socks from Chups? Want to be able to discern which one I want when I call the order in, not just saying one on left or right of kiya's picture. 

There are 8 different colors, i only posted 3.  If you call SEPDX Tyler can email you a photo with all of them in it.

The 9301 was the no fade black version of the 301s... Shit was rigid as hell too.

Ah. Thanks. Snagged a pair off eBay that I was hoping were the 8301, but it looks like they're the 9301 since they have a black patch and W. A little bummed they're not the SBG, but I love the super black denim too. 

Kiya, I'm seeing these SE(LA,PDX,NY,SF) x Ebbets Field hats floating around the internet. How do I get my own? Preferably SESF in a 7 3/8.

They're adjustable and available via phone order or in-store only.

For all your Chup needs, hit me at [email protected]

Skog: Left-Navy Right-Ivory

CE290B88-ABE1-4E3C-9CDB-015CCFA7F775.jpg

Bergen: Left-Yellow Middle-Blue Right-Red

5F964A15-92F5-4180-8150-389873962D31.jpg

Litir: Left-Blue Middle-Turquoise Right-Orange

6356EB91-9BF8-46D5-83DB-3705A751BA36.jpg

Holy hell those socks are cool. Did I miss when pricing info was posted?

They're $35 a pair.

Sugar Cane's 11oz Summer-Weight Jean, Mister Freedom's Patrol Chambray Shirt, & Iron Heart's Glen Check Printed Chambray

Sugar Cane has released its first new jean model in three years, the new "2013" 11oz summer-weight jean.   This is a rinsed selvedge rope-dyed denim made of a combination of American and Zimbabwe cotton for a soft hand-feel and a vintage look.  These come in a fit that is between a straight and a slim cut jean.  With the popularity of the 2009 jean from Sugar Cane we're sure the 2013 will be a future classic.

Mister Freedom just hit us with the hottest chambray in years.  This one is made in Japan with a specially designed medium weight chambray, maple brown corozo nut buttons, and olive green stitching throughout.  It really is the perfect chambray shirt for us, and the way the placket meets the selvedge ID near the bottom of the shirt is a type of genius that only Mister Freedom can offer.

Lastly we have a new Glen Check printed chambray shirt from Iron Heart.  This shirt starts off as a gray chambray that is then printed with a fine glen check pattern with a fugitive dye that comes off with regular wear and washings.  It's a rugged shirt that's going to look great over time. 

xSC_LIGHT_01.jpg

xSC_LIGHT_04.jpg

xSC_LIGHT_05.jpg

xMF_SHIRT_01.jpg

xMF_SHIRT_03.jpg

xMF_SHIRT_05.jpg

IHSG-93_01.jpg

IHSH-93_05.jpg

Sugar Cane's 11oz Summer-Weight Jean, Mister Freedom's Patrol Chambray Shirt, & Iron Heart's Glen Check Printed Chambray

Sugar Cane has released its first new jean model in three years, the new "2013" 11oz summer-weight jean.   This is a rinsed selvedge rope-dyed denim made of a combination of American and Zimbabwe cotton for a soft hand-feel and a vintage look.  These come in a fit that is between a straight and a slim cut jean.  With the popularity of the 2009 jean from Sugar Cane we're sure the 2013 will be a future classic.

xSC_LIGHT_04.jpg
xSC_LIGHT_05.jpg

Looking forward to trying these and the rest of the SC collection on at SENY this weekend.

Looking forward to trying these and the rest of the SC collection on at SENY this weekend.

Check out the Mister Freedom chambray while you're there, it's a special one.

I'll be there (James, no beard), so be sure to say hello! 

And that 2013 denim is the fabric I'm most excited about right now. 

i read back a couple of pages and didn't see anything about it, so i was wondering when the next iron heart restock will be? also, will self edge begin carrying iron heart's 555 model?

thanks

Next Iron Heart restock is coming next week and will include the 301s (which now has been tweaked to having a visible selvedge out seam).

that's actually perfect, thanks

The fit of the 301s has essentially stayed the same yet Iron Heart figured out a way to keep the inseam straight as to keep the selvedge ID intact.

Flat Head Spring Collection of Flannels, Wallets, & More

We've just received this season's first shipment from Flat Head. 

Leave it to Flat Head to produce the nicest spring weight flannel shirt ever, available in three colors and perfect for all seasons.  They've taken the pattern used on their heavyweight winter flannels and produced a lightweight slack woven flannel that breathes very well and is still soft to the touch without the brushed interior (which reduces breathability). 

We're going all in with Flat Head's leather accessories and jackets over this next year, and we've just received their new beautiful horsehide bi-fold wallets.  Fully hand sewn in Nagano (Japan) using the best horsehide from Japan's famed Shinki tannery.  These wallets will last you a lifetime and will age and darken with regular wear.

We've also received a full restock of leather bracelets, key hooks, all jean models, leather belts, blank t-shirts in white and black, heavy merino socks, and solid leather wallet chains in tan and black.  

FH_AZUL_01.jpg

FH_AZUL_05.jpg

FH_GREEN_0001.jpg

FH_GREEN_0005.jpg

FH_RED_0001.jpg

FH_RED_0005.jpg

FH_WALLET_05.jpg

FH_WALLET_03.jpg

FH_WALLET_RED_04.jpg

FH_WALLET_RED_03.jpg

I love the green one, are these cut for skinny people?  I tried the IHSH-86 on in your Portland store and the back stuck out 8 inches, I didn't have the necessary gut to make it fit right.  Any suggestions on a brand that would fit better?

I love the green one, are these cut for skinny people?  I tried the IHSH-86 on in your Portland store and the back stuck out 8 inches, I didn't have the necessary gut to make it fit right.  Any suggestions on a brand that would fit better?

Yup, Flat Head's shirts are cut far slimmer and it sounds like it's exactly what you're after if you felt that Iron Heart's shirts are cut too full.

Yup, Flat Head's shirts are cut far slimmer and it sounds like it's exactly what you're after if you felt that Iron Heart's shirts are cut too full.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll have to try to swing up to the NY store when I get time

Green and Blue are both gorgeous, too bad  that im 5'5" with a 28" inseam so 30" length shirts go halfway to my knees..!

I feel so overwhelmed by the last month or so of updates.

Gotta head to SESF next weekend to check out the IH collab, new Strike Gold, new MF california, Indigo Chinos, Summerweight Sugar Cane...  

(The Big Bro was going to be my summer pair but I may not be able to pass on those SC)

Kiya:

Is the Stevenson yarn short sleeve shirt stretchy? I wear a 42 in Flathead tees, so would XL fit? Thanks,

Yup, it's stretchy and if you're a 42 in FH the XL would be perfect.