Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya, sizing question about the SEXIH07IIIBK jacket:

I'm size large in Ironheart shirts. According to measurements, would I be sz 44 in this jacket? I'm thinking sz 42 would be too snug for traditional layering...

The 44 is going to be too big on you, get the size 42.

Hey Kiya,

Any chance this Stevenson jacket makes a Self Edge appearance? http://www.soc-la.com/news.php?c=72

I know you're all-in on the Flat Head leathers, but I figured I'd ask.

We'll be carrying the SOC leather jackets starting November or so.  They're going to do another style (which we haven't seen) that we'll most probably be carrying.

Hey Kiya,

I'm from the Bay Area and have gotten my jeans fixed at SESF, but now I go to school in Boston.  I've recently developed a crotch blowout and a few other seam tears in a pair of jeans I got repaired over the summer.  Is there any way to mail them to SENY?  I don't have any plans to go down there any time soon, and I won't be back in the bay until late May.  This is my first pair of raw denim, and I want to preserve them.  If I can't mail them, do you have any recommendations to get them fixed in Boston or another place?

Hey Kiya,

I'm from the Bay Area and have gotten my jeans fixed at SESF, but now I go to school in Boston.  I've recently developed a crotch blowout and a few other seam tears in a pair of jeans I got repaired over the summer.  Is there any way to mail them to SENY?  I don't have any plans to go down there any time soon, and I won't be back in the bay until late May.  This is my first pair of raw denim, and I want to preserve them.  If I can't mail them, do you have any recommendations to get them fixed in Boston or another place?

Please email us (and mention where you purchased the jeans) and we'll help you out.

Hey Kiya,

Any chance this Stevenson jacket makes a Self Edge appearance? http://www.soc-la.com/news.php?c=72

I know you're all-in on the Flat Head leathers, but I figured I'd ask.

I'm curious what the page says (but obviously I can't read the script) about the AN-J3, it's a pretty interesting jacket, and the name does appear on late(ish) wartime docs, but it wasn't ever issued to flight personnel, though possibly it was purchased privately for use by flight crews. The AN-J3A wound up being almost exclusively utilized by the Navy and Marines (it was basically an M-422A, as the naval versions had no epaulets). But the AN-J3 was always an interesting concept, essentially being an A-2 with the back of an M-422A.

Kiya, I just got the new yr chambray in a small and it fits just like how I like it.  Do you think I should go for this one in a small as well?

YR_SALMON_01.JPG

Yes, they patterns they're cut from are very close.

Attn pplz: get ready for the indigo Stevenson chinos, because they are the truth

Yeah, they're amazing and the fabric came out really well.  They're super lightweight and perfect for warmer climates.

Are they the same cut at the other chinos from Stevenson? (Hilt i think?) I love the ones I got although they're a bit on the skinny side in the thighs for me.

Yup, same fit as the Hilt ones.  They're exclusive to Self Edge worldwide.

Epic Want. When to expect?

They're available now at all four stores, going online later this week.

Anyone with experience with these chinos want to speak to the flexibility of the material? As a true 35" waist I'm wondering if I should take a stab at the 34 or just admit defeat, cinch up my belt and move along to 36....

Anyone with experience with these chinos want to speak to the flexibility of the material? As a true 35" waist I'm wondering if I should take a stab at the 34 or just admit defeat, cinch up my belt and move along to 36....

If you're 35" at the waistline definitely go for the 36, the 34 will be far too small.

Any intention of bringing the Stevenson SS14 linen boarder tees in?

They look pretty sweet.

Nope, we didn't order those, but did order some other great things.

Hopefully you got the cattle skull tees!

But really, after getting my Stevenson two pack of tees I'm impressed with the overall construction and fabric. Wearing one of them right now. So any tees you get from them I'll definitely have my eye on 'em.

Stevenson Indigo-Dyed Chinos and Indigo-Dyed Sashiko Scarves

We've got an exciting new release from Stevenson in the form of an indigo-dyed cotton twill slim fitting chino.  These were made exclusively for Self Edge and are not available even in Japan.   These are lightweight and perfect for warmer climates.  The fabric has been rinsed twice and already some of the characteristics of the indigo can be seen at the edges of the fabric. 

Along with the indigo-dyed chinos we've received indigo-dyed sashiko scarves with hand sewn accents.  The fabrics on these scarves were designed and produced by Stevenson and fully finished by hand to produce one of the most unique scarves you've ever seen.

These chinos, scarves, and a full restock of the Hilts chinos are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online shop.

STEVENSON_CHINO_01.jpg
STEVENSON_CHINO_05.jpg
STEVENSON_CHINO_07.jpg
SCARF1_01.jpg
SCARF1_04.jpg
SCARF2_01.jpg
SCARF2_08.jpg
SCARF3_01.jpg
SCARF3_03.jpg

does SE provide hemming service on stevenson chinos?

Yup, and we match the exact style of which they're hemmed at the factory in Japan.

Indigo Hilts looking good, although the measurements do look a bit different than the khaki ones I have.

The indigo ones look slightly fuller in the thigh (ex. size 36 thigh is a whole 1.2 inches bigger in comparison).

Indigo Hilts looking good, although the measurements do look a bit different than the khaki ones I have.

The indigo ones look slightly fuller in the thigh (ex. size 36 thigh is a whole 1.2 inches bigger in comparison).

Yup, the fabric didn't shrink as much as the chino broad cloth fabric did when it was washed/dried.

Is the Strike Gold 5109/5105 still on schedule to go live on the website today?

No, they've been pushed back by Strike Gold, should be within the next 10 days.