Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

These are up!

Self Edge x Iron Heart 20oz Left Hand Twill Denim Jeans & Jackets

For collaboration number twenty-two we've come together with Iron Heart to have a new 20oz unsanforized loomstate left hand twill denim produced with gray weft (fill) yarns.  Due to the left hand twill of the denim the jean has a unique hand feel and due to the gray weft yarns the fabric has a very interesting medium indigo shade.  We've never really had a jean at our stores made of a denim that looks and feels like this one.  Due to the combination of the weight of the fabric and the fact that the denim comes in its loomstate form the fabric will age at a high definition at high wear points and areas of creasing.  Iron Heart have cut and sewn this denim without doing any processing of any kind to the fabric.  Unsanforized, un-singed, uncalendered, and unmercerised; this is a true loomstate denim.  

Iron Heart have taken this beautiful new fabric and produced two jean fits and one jacket model.  

The SEXIH22-301s is a slim tapered cut with a medium rise and is stitched together with cotton poly-core goldenrod thread.  This is the same 301s which is one of our best selling slim jeans at Self Edge.  

The SEXIH22-633s is a straight leg jean above the knee and is tapered below the knee for a smaller leg opening.  With the new 633s fit we took the 634s and lengthened the inseam and made the leg opening a tad smaller.  

The SEXIH22TYPEIII jacket is a traditional Type III denim jacket which we've added hand-pockets to and lengthened the body by 2" so that it can worn with an untucked shirt underneath.  It's also perfect for those who are too tall for the traditional denim jacket body length.

All three of these items shrink a bit when washed due to the unsanforized nature of the denim used.  We know it's a little extra to worry about but in the end you'll be thankful due to how they'll fit and age over time due to the denim not being treated with the sanforization process.  Shrinkage info can be found on the product pages in our online store.

These are made in limited numbers and will not be reproduced.

Both jean models and the denim jacket are available now at all four Self Edge stores and in our online shop.  Check the product pages in our online store for measurements, high-res photographs, and spec lists.  

SEXIH22-301S_01.jpg

SEXIH22-633S_01.jpg

SEXIH22-301S_04.jpg

SEXIH22-301S_05.jpg

SEXIH22-301S_06.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_01.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_04.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_07.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_09.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_10.jpg

hi Kiya do you plan on carrying the short sleeved version of the Sugarcane "Fiction & Romance" Wabash Workshirt?

Yup, we ordered that shirt, it should be here early summer.

One note about that shirt, they didn't make enough fabric, there is chance the shirt may get cut, if not we'll have it for sure.

kiya, when having the 7301 in 34. taking the same size in the 20oz 301 should be the way to go, no?

thanks

Yup, exactly.

kiya, here's another one...is there another SEXIH07IIIBK in size 44 around? just had the last one in my shooping cart, pressed the checkout button and boom, no more SEXIH07IIIBK in 44 available! fffff... -.-

Check again! We have two left across the stores and they're online.

Edited by kiya

I've been wanting a Type III, I'm semi tall (6'1"), and I hate tucking in my shirts… so I went ahead and spent the money. I normally wear a size 40 suit coat and my IH Indigo Riders Jacket is a 40 and fits nicely… So a 40 on the SEXIH22TYPEIII should fit perfectly, right? Or will I need to shrink it first? Order is already placed... so I guess I need to cross my fingers for now.

I've been wanting a Type III, I'm semi tall (6'1"), and I hate tucking in my shirts… so I went ahead and spent the money. I normally wear a size 40 suit coat and my IH Indigo Riders Jacket is a 40 and fits nicely… So a 40 on the SEXIH22TYPEIII should fit perfectly, right? Or will I need to shrink it first? Order is already placed... so I guess I need to cross my fingers for now.

Yes, sounds like you got the correct size if you ordered a 40.  Should be good after a soak, if don't want it to shrink much just cold soak it for 10 minutes.

Kiya, my apologies if this has been asked recently- will there be a restock of the f380 in the foreseeable future?

No, we've replaced that model with the 3009 from Flat Head.

I'm getting very, very antsy for my jacket! I should've ordered earlier in the day on saturday. The holiday weekend has made this wait feel like forever!  :unsure:

Hey Kiya, I'm really interested in the SExIH22-633s and just wanted to double check my sizing. If I'm a 38 in Sugarcane Okinawas (which have gotten a bit loose) and a 38 in PBJ XX-009s (which are pretty much spot on), I assume a 38 would be spot on after a hot soak. Thoughts? 

Any chance of a restock of the Stevenson Santa Rosa (767) at some point?

Keen on grabbing a pair in 34.

Nope, no restock on those, but a new straight leg fit is coming this summer.

I've got a Stevenson question too... Are the chinos regularly re-stocked? Been really digging this brand in the last few months.

We get them made twice a year, we just got our last restock about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  They're the best chinos we've seen coming out of Japan, the it and details are perfect.

Hey Kiya, I'm really interested in the SExIH22-633s and just wanted to double check my sizing. If I'm a 38 in Sugarcane Okinawas (which have gotten a bit loose) and a 38 in PBJ XX-009s (which are pretty much spot on), I assume a 38 would be spot on after a hot soak. Thoughts? 

I would say the 38 should work for you in that jean, you may have to just do a quick 10 minute cold soak to keep the shrinking to a minimum.

So I got my 633s in the mail but the Stevenson tees said they were shipped from SENY the same day, can I get a tracking number for that package as well? Just curious

Your tees actually were sent from SELA and should be delivered to you on Saturday.

If I wear a 42 flathead western, would I be a large in sugar cane? looking at the sun surf sea floral in particular

Yup, a 42 in FH would be a Large in SC.

Any 301s in 32 or 33 at SELA? Need to try them on before I buy them...

Yes, as of today we have both sizes there.

No, we've replaced that model with the 3009 from Flat Head.

Kiya: I gotta say this is a bummer. The F380 has a longer inseam, the waist fits better/sits lower, it seems to have a lower front rise and an all around better fit for athletic/tall guys. (I have big legs and a small waist and need a 35+ inseam.) I have the 3009 and they pale in comparison to my destroyed F380s. Just sayin'...