Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Self Edge x Iron Heart 20oz Left Hand Twill Denim Jeans & Jackets

For collaboration number twenty-two we've come together with Iron Heart to have a new 20oz unsanforized loomstate left hand twill denim produced with gray weft (fill) yarns.  Due to the left hand twill of the denim the jean has a unique hand feel and due to the gray weft yarns the fabric has a very interesting medium indigo shade.  We've never really had a jean at our stores made of a denim that looks and feels like this one.  Due to the combination of the weight of the fabric and the fact that the denim comes in its loomstate form the fabric will age at a high definition at high wear points and areas of creasing.  Iron Heart have cut and sewn this denim without doing any processing of any kind to the fabric.  Unsanforized, un-singed, uncalendered, and unmercerised; this is a true loomstate denim.  

Iron Heart have taken this beautiful new fabric and produced two jean fits and one jacket model.  

The SEXIH22-301s is a slim tapered cut with a medium rise and is stitched together with cotton poly-core goldenrod thread.  This is the same 301s which is one of our best selling slim jeans at Self Edge.  

The SEXIH22-633s is a straight leg jean above the knee and is tapered below the knee for a smaller leg opening.  With the new 633s fit we took the 634s and lengthened the inseam and made the leg opening a tad smaller.  

The SEXIH22TYPEIII jacket is a traditional Type III denim jacket which we've added hand-pockets to and lengthened the body by 2" so that it can worn with an untucked shirt underneath.  It's also perfect for those who are too tall for the traditional denim jacket body length.

All three of these items shrink a bit when washed due to the unsanforized nature of the denim used.  We know it's a little extra to worry about but in the end you'll be thankful due to how they'll fit and age over time due to the denim not being treated with the sanforization process.  Shrinkage info can be found on the product pages in our online store.

These are made in limited numbers and will not be reproduced.

Both jean models and the denim jacket will go on sale at all Self Edge stores on Saturday, February 15th at noon (local time) and at 9am (PST) in our online store the same day.  

SEXIH22-301S_01.jpg

SEXIH22-633S_01.jpg

SEXIH22-301S_04.jpg

SEXIH22-301S_05.jpg

SEXIH22-301S_06.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_01.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_04.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_07.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_09.jpg

SEXIH22TYPEIII_10.jpg

The 633s sound pretty interesting.

Hard to tell but are there pocket arcs on them?

Just looks like a half arc from left to right of some sort.

The pockets have half indigo thread arcs on them, they're pretty hard to see until the jeans are quite worn in.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it the first time that the "selvages" are shown in the 301s cut?

Yes, we worked with IH to tweak the pattern of the legs so that the fit is nearly identical to the original 301s but the outer seam retained the selvedge ID.

Kiya, how would you compare the 633 to the SG XX05 cut?

Measurements look similar except the 633 has a slightly smaller leg opening.

I'd say that the 633s would have slight more room in the thigh and a very slightly higher rise.

Yes, we worked with IH to tweak the pattern of the legs so that the fit is nearly identical to the original 301s but the outer seam retained the selvedge ID.

This collab looks great.

It would be cool if you guys did that to all of the 301's outer seams.

Also besides the weight how do you think this denim compares to the Strike Gold 3109 denim?  The description sounds somewhat similar.

This collab looks great.

It would be cool if you guys did that to all of the 301's outer seams.

Also besides the weight how do you think this denim compares to the Strike Gold 3109 denim?  The description sounds somewhat similar.

It feels like a heavier, more rigid, version of the 3109 with a little more hairiness. 

With all these recent drops, I am starting to think that I might have to start direct depositing my pay check to SE Wells Fargo acct.

How did you know we use Wells Fargo?  

FYI, we're having an event at SEPDX in early April, you should come down again and stay for a longer period.

^haha, I remembered this being posted a while back. Getting to SEPDX should be a breeze for me now that I've got some, although temporary, wheels. What's the event?

We're doing a Craftsman & Wolves pop-up event at SEPDX in April that'll last two days with an after party  (and question & answer session) at the Ace on that Sunday night.  We'll have dates in a few weeks.

Edited by kiya

oooo...the new ih jacket looks sweet.

kiya, i normally take med in ih shirts, what size would u recommend?

I'd say a 38 in the jacket should be good even after a room temp soak and air dry if you want a slim fit, if you want to wear layers underneath i'd go with a 40.

Edited by kiya

Kiya, not sure if the 633 model has been produced before but will that model only be used for this collab or can I expect IH to produce it themselves? Very interested in the fit of that particular model.

There are no plans to produce this fit in any other styles at the moment.

Any plans on doing something like this with the FH Balder women's slim jeans? My SO loves Japanese denim, but she's dead-set on visible selvedge. She bought the women's 3Sixteen+ from you guys a little while back, but FH is FH.

Any plans on doing something like this with the FH Balder women's slim jeans? My SO loves Japanese denim, but she's dead-set on visible selvedge. She bought the women's 3Sixteen+ from you guys a little while back, but FH is FH.

There are no plans to do this with the women's FH jean, it takes quite a bit of work to re-design patterns and test them, so the commitment to buy the jeans must be significant from retailers.