Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

What's going to be done with the pair of worn jean(s)? 

One will be framed and put up on display at SESF and another will be displayed by being hung in the big front windows of SEPDX.

hey kiya any plans on making another collab with imperial??

i think its about time man :)

We're working on something, but it won't be out till much later this year.

Hey Kiya,

Sorry if its been asked before but will the SEXFHXRJB15 and the RJB 106BSP be restocked items? If so, any ideas when?

SEXFH was a collaboration so it won't be restocked.  What size do you need in the 106BSP?

Hey Kiya,

Does the online store reflect what you guys have in store? I'm looking to try on prospectors, SG3105, 3109.

Nope, there is a good chance we have the jean you're looking for at SENY or SELA if you're wanting to place a phone order.

Does that go for SESF as well?

No, because SESF's stock is online already.

Men's File magazine has gotten together with Japan's Clutch Magazine (same publishers as Lightning) to do a double-wide issue.  This is both the new issue of Men's File and the new issue of Clutch combined into one book sized magazine, do not miss this one, it's chock full of great clothing, cars, motorcycles, vintage shit, and more.

Men's File x Clutch Magazine:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84&products_id=1192

How's the fit on the John Lofgren tees?

I've been eyeing them for awhile now but the measurements on the XL look a little on the small side.

I love those things, i got one of each color and anybody that's bought one has ended up with both colors.  The fit is a classic 50's fit with slightly shorter and snug sleeves and a medium length slim body, they're supposed to be somewhat fitted.

Kiya, do you know if SELA will get a restock of the heron in a 38 in the future?

Nope, no restocks of that at SELA.  But we're getting a brown horsehide jacket from Flat Head on April 1st you may like.

Sounds good...thanks for the quick reply.  Is the flat head jacket similar in styling?

Not really, the leather is similar but the styling is different. 

It's similar to the FH jacket we cary now but it'll have a dress collar and the brown horsehide makes it look quite different.

Hey Kiya

when are you guys getting this in stock?

[yt] [/yt]

The voiceover on this is real creepy.

On my last trip to NYC i sat down and did a lengthy interview with my friend Rob Lim, aka Superfuture's "readytoignite", for his Caught In the Crossfire blog.  This didn't turn out to be the usual Self Edge related interview, if you're interested it's been posted online and broken up into two parts.

Caught in the Crossfire - An Interview with Kiya Babzani, Part One: http://thecrossfire.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/an-interview-with-kiya-babzani-part-one/

Caught in the Crossfire - An Interview with Kiya Babzani, Part Two: http://thecrossfire.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/an-interview-with-kiya-babzani-part-two/

On my last trip to NYC i sat down and did a lengthy interview with my friend Rob Lim, aka Superfuture's "readytoignite", for his Caught In the Crossfire blog.  This didn't turn out to be the usual Self Edge related interview, if you're interested it's been posted online and broken up into two parts.

Caught in the Crossfire - An Interview with Kiya Babzani, Part One: http://thecrossfire.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/an-interview-with-kiya-babzani-part-one/

Caught in the Crossfire - An Interview with Kiya Babzani, Part Two: http://thecrossfire.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/an-interview-with-kiya-babzani-part-two/

Are you still planning on releasing the new shirt Saturday?

Are you still planning on releasing the new shirt Saturday?

Yup, and photos/measurements will be up on Wednesday.

Sweet. Thanks for the update!

Out of the three he's released at your stores, which is your favorite?

Hands down this new one, purely because it's one of those staple items you'll always be wearing in any season and for years from now, like a denim jacket.

I really enjoyed the 2 interview articles linked on the previous page. As someone with considerable pre-Internet experience, I can really appreciate some of the points made in that particular discussion. My favourite part however, was the quote re the demise of the independent boutique at the hands of the single brand store. This would remove the ability to compare between brands directly - the whole, I came in here to buy a pair of Iron Hearts but actually prefer those Sugar Canes type scenario. I hope this never happens but is a worry I've had for a while and was interesting to see it mentioned.

I'll definitely visit in a Self Edge store in person if I happen to be in one of the locations but in the meantime I'll remain an occasional online customer. Keep up the good work!

I really enjoyed the 2 interview articles linked on the previous page. As someone with considerable pre-Internet experience, I can really appreciate some of the points made in that particular discussion. My favourite part however, was the quote re the demise of the independent boutique at the hands of the single brand store. This would remove the ability to compare between brands directly - the whole, I came in here to buy a pair of Iron Hearts but actually prefer those Sugar Canes type scenario. I hope this never happens but is a worry I've had for a while and was interesting to see it mentioned.

I'll definitely visit in a Self Edge store in person if I happen to be in one of the locations but in the meantime I'll remain an occasional online customer. Keep up the good work!

hey, thanks for that.  I should note that the specific quote about multi-brand boutiques was from Karlo Steel regarding his closing of Atelier - I didn't hear Kiya's thoughts on it so didn't want it to be misattributed to him if he didn't feel the same way.  I just stuck it in because it seemed relevant, I'm sort of tangential like that....

Edited by readytoignite

The 633 (tapered 634s) is being released with the 301s and jacket on January 25th.

The cuts are fairly similar, i'd say the main difference is how abrasive the denim on the SEXI14 is because of the engineered loom chatter within the denim.  

I think you should look at the 21BSP from 3sixteen+, SE05BSP from Flat Head, or 301s from Iron Heart as your next jean.

Hey Kiya,

What is the latest on the Iron Heart 633's?

Thanks

Hey Kiya,

What is the latest on the Iron Heart 633's?

Thanks

It's being released on February 15th at all of our stores.