Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

those down jackets look sweet. are they like a 650-fill?

The down in this jacket is rated at 900-fill power.  Flat Head doesn't fuck around.

sizing in the down jacket is same size as your Flat Head shirts?

I'm a 40 in FH shirts and tees and i take a 38 in the jacket.  I have a customer in SF that owns many FH shirts in 46 and he got a 44 in the jacket.  So i would say if you want a slim fit go down one size.

Kiya, how would you size on the buzz rickson's navy peacoat? I was visiting SF last week and you guys don't have it in store.

These run a size big, i would size down one from your FH size (for instance).

Random question, but is there anywhere that I might be able to buy hooks like the ones used to hang the jeans in SE stores?

You mean the hangers?  If so, yes.  Email us and we'll sort you out, or you can visit any Self Edge store to buy them.  They're made by hand, shaped and shaved to be finished, they're not cast.  They're $35 a pop, which is just about what WE pay for them.

I was about to throw down to get those hangers for my jeans, until I found these quilt and blanket hangers at the container store. They are definitely not as unique but they are long-enough and sturdy-enough to hold jeans. Its quite funny, almost no traditional hangers really do the job. I might still have to get those meat-hook hangers in the future. b_F's post is really making me think of better ways to display my wears.

lost in translation: I was referring to those iron hangers SE uses as meat-hooks, but thanks for the info.

Sorry! Though you were looking for the hooks in the thread you had linked.

Guys - did anybody ask you for alternatives? Show some respect pls

I was replying to give an alternative to the hooks shown in the other thread he had linked, no disrespect was intended.

Is the new Roy shirt still set for Saturday?

It's taken him longer than expected, he is able to make about 1.5 shirts a day maximum during a 8 hour work-day.  We'll have these on February 1st (so delayed two weeks).

Oh shit! That makes for a conundrum. Roy and beer release at the same day/time and 60 miles apart.

Let's talk about this over a beer this week at Cascade Brewing.

To those in the Portland area... Self Edge is having a media event to introduce our hemming and repair services (and the machines we do them on) to the Portland press Thursday night (January 16th).  Gonna talk jeans, music, and beer.
We'd like to extend that invitation to anybody that would like to have a beer and hang out after work.  We'll have some great locally made beers and kombucha (don't trip, it's Portland) on hand, so come by between 5pm and 7pm Thursday night and ogle our goods and drink our syrups. 

Will trade Self Edge store credit for your worn in jeans!

I need two pairs of worn in jeans and can give you a $150 Self Edge gift card for each pair.

Requirements are that the jean be worn for a minimum of 1.5 years, not heavily repaired, a brand that we sell, and the denim must be unsanforized.

Email photos to denim at selfedge.com

Edited by kiya