Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

When are you planning on posting more pictures of Roy's new shirt Kiya?

We never get a finished version of Roy's shirts or jeans till 3 days before they release, so there's nothing to photograph right now.

Stevenson Overall Company's Winter Collection - Pulling Out All The Organ Stops

This is the collection we've been waiting for... complete with denim jackets, shirts, flying jackets, socks, hats, and the most interesting pea coat we've carried thus far. 

This is Stevenson's last delivery until the spring season and they've pulled out all the stops on this one.  The fabric and detail on every shirt is seriously good and the lining and trim for every jacket is just beautiful.  

For jackets we've received a flying jacket with a soft alpaca lining, a denim jacket with some of the coolest pocket designs we've seen, and a wool pea coat made of a fabric that has different colored neps throughout.  Check the product pages for more information on the linings, trim, and designs of each jacket.

One of the sleeper hits of this collection is their Multi-Fleck Training Sweater made of a lamb/angora/silk blend.  This thing fits like a dream and is extremely soft and warm.

We've got two shirts, one of which is made of a custom discharged calico print and the other is a black workshirt with some very interesting details to accentuate the fit around the shoulders and side seams.  Stevenson still plays around with new ways to construct a simple long sleeve shirt, it's exciting to see it progress over time with different techniques of sewing and the usage of seams.

In the spring we got a run of Stevenson's Gima Yarn socks, they sold out so quickly we didn't get a chance to even photograph a pair for our webstore.  We've ordered a larger run this time around in both black and red.  Check the product page for a rundown of why you'd want a pair of socks made of Gima.

Along with all these items we've gotten in new hats and caps which are in-store exclusive, along with a full restock of all watchcaps.  Check the product pages for measurements, full spec lists, and high-res photographs.

STVNSN_BOMBER_01.jpg

STVNSN_BOMBER_04.jpg

STVNSN_BOMBER_05.jpg

STVNSN_DENIM_01.jpg

STVNSN_DENIM_03.jpg

STVNSN_DENIM_08.jpg

STVNSN_WOOLCOAT_00.jpg

STVNSN_WOOLCOAT_03.jpg

STVNSN_WOOLCOAT_08.jpg

STVNSN_SWEATER_01.jpg

That Pea looks seriously good on Josh! SOC is quickly piling up in my everyday wardrobe AND for good reason. Next purchase will be that sweat, for sure. Also, I really appreciate product pics of those Ace boots in context with the denim. You just don see that much with retailers, can't figure out why? 

Edited by Al6ert

That Pea looks seriously good on Josh! SOC is quickly piling up in my everyday wardrobe AND for good reason. Next purchase will be that sweat, for sure. Also, I really appreciate product pics of those Ace boots in context with the denim. You just don see that much with retailers, can't figure out why? 

I agree, it's important to see how the shoe or boot looks worn.  If anything we sway on the side of too many photos, what we post on our blog is just a tiny fraction of the photos on each product page for each item. 

Yup, Josh's rjb's yet again blow me away.  If those don't sell that denim I don't know what will... does rjb have anything in the 3009 cut or similar?  That would be my absolutely perfect jean, although the pioneer denim is pretty amazing in its own right. 

Yup, Josh's rjb's yet again blow me away.  If those don't sell that denim I don't know what will... does rjb have anything in the 3009 cut or similar?  That would be my absolutely perfect jean, although the pioneer denim is pretty amazing in its own right. 

I would say the closest thing would be the 105BSP which we JUST got a restock of yesterday.  The main differences would be less taper and a lower rise on the 105BSP.

Has the release date changed from the 5th?

Yup, the shirts are taking longer than he expected so they'll be releasing on January 18th.

After years of wearing my sexi08’s and shearer’s into the ground, I finally got round to digging out my sexi14’s. Following a week of perseverance, I have finally thrown in the towel. They are quite possibly to the most uncomfortable jeans I have ever worn. It is such as a shame because the denim is beautiful and I know it will age amazingly. Sadly, I can neither walk or sit in them so will give up and move on.

Before I do so, I would like to understand the differences in the cuts (08 and 14) so I don’t make the same mistake again. The rises are broadly the same, and the leg openings on the 08’s are a little smaller than the 14’s. My body shape has barely changed in 5 years.

Given that I am in the market for a new pair of slim/slim-tapered indigo jeans, what can people suggest? Bluer the better with a leg opening <7.5

Edited by s16g

when's the release of the IH635

The 633 (tapered 634s) is being released with the 301s and jacket on January 25th.

After years of wearing my sexi08’s and shearer’s into the ground, I finally got round to digging out my sexi14’s. Following a week of perseverance, I have finally thrown in the towel. They are quite possibly to the most uncomfortable jeans I have ever worn. It is such as a shame because the denim is beautiful and I know it will age amazingly. Sadly, I can neither walk or sit in them so will give up and move on.

Before I do so, I would like to understand the differences in the cuts (08 and 14) so I don’t make the same mistake again. The rises are broadly the same, and the leg openings on the 08’s are a little smaller than the 14’s. My body shape has barely changed in 5 years.

Given that I am in the market for a new pair of slim/slim-tapered indigo jeans, what can people suggest? Bluer the better with a leg opening <7.5

The cuts are fairly similar, i'd say the main difference is how abrasive the denim on the SEXI14 is because of the engineered loom chatter within the denim.  

I think you should look at the 21BSP from 3sixteen+, SE05BSP from Flat Head, or 301s from Iron Heart as your next jean.

Kiya or anyone who might know, if im comfortable in a 3sixteen 30bsp size 31, would I be okay to get an rjb 105bsp in 31 as well?

Yup, get the same size in both. The RJB jean shrinks down to tagged size.

kiya, what are the best selling jeans at self edge? have you noticed any unusual trends in sales since opening shop? i've always been curious. 

hope you don't mind me asking. :blush:

The two best selling models are the SE05BSP from Flat Head and the 301s from Iron Heart.  It's hard to gauge many of the jeans we sell because they sell out quickly and production runs take a while in Japan so they're out of stock 25% of the time.  

Any plans to do another run of the flannel lined 634s?

Nope, no plans to do another run at this time.

hi Kiya, sorry if this is a repeat question

does Self Edge intend to do another collaboration with Imperial soon?

No, Imperial collabs coming up.

Kiya a little off topic but how do you like your visvim kiefer reno?

Love them, especially the combination of leathers and fabrics used.

Flat Head Down Jackets, Winter Flannels, 3012 and 105BSP Jeans, Wallets, & More

We've just received the last winter shipment of the season from Flat Head and it's full of jackets, shirts, tees, jeans, and leather accessories.

Ever since we started carrying Flat Head seven years ago we wanted to carry their down jackets.  They're as good as everything else they do.  These jackets are lightweight but super warm with the most luxurious down fill, fabrics, and trim used.  We've decided to bring in their newest version this season and they look and feel great.  They're available now at SESF, SENY, SEPDX, and in our online store.

We've received three new flannels, all three in new colors for this season in both workshirt and snap button versions.  We love that after all these years Flat Head is still experimenting with new color palettes for their flannel patterns. 

Flat Head has also done a new run of their sawtooth denim shirt, these come rinsed so no need to soak them before wearing.  We've seen some of these worn for years by Flat Head's customers in Japan and they look amazing. 

The striped wool blend socks we received in November were a hit and turned some into believers that a sock can change how comfortable your boots or shoes can be.   We've received a restock of these socks in both colors.

Due to so many requests we now have Flat Head's heavyweight triple-stitched blank tees in white, we've also received restocks of gray and black.

It's a been a while since we carried a new Flat Head jean model and we're happy to announce that the new 3012 jean will be carried at all Self Edge stores.  It's a straight tapered jean made of their 3XXX denim.  It has a comfortable top block with a medium rise and then it tapers down to a small-ish leg opening below the knee.

Real Japan Blues has just finished a new run of the 105BSP jean, 60 pairs were made and they're available now at all Self Edge stores and online.

We have finally received a restock of the Wild Child Leather & Cordovan Flat Head wallets, available now in both tan or black versions.  These things are amazing in both construction and functionality.

Along with all these items we've received a full restock of all other Flat Head jeans (including women's), horsehide jackets, argyle RJB socks, and a few other things we're not remembering at the moment.  Check our online store for measurements, spec lists, and high-res photographs of the new collection.

FH_PUFF_03.jpg

FH_PUFF_04.jpg

FH_PUFF_07.jpg

FH_PUFF_09.jpg

FH_GP_01.jpg

FH_GP_05.jpg

FH_RED_01.jpg

FH_RED_05.jpg

FH_GRNlong_01.jpg

FH_GRNlong_01_03.jpg