Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

any possibility you'll be carrying Stevenson Buck Jones in indigo plaid?

StevensonBuckJonesIndigoPlaid.jpg

Nope, only in the denim.

Kiya how would you recommend sizing on the new Iron Heart jacket?

True to size, these don't run small.

I personally think this is the nicest jacket they've ever put out.  I like the lack of branding on the outside and the little details like the cord inside all three pockets and the inside of the lower flap.

Hey Kiya,  any chance we can get some more pics of the upcoming denim shirt from Roy???

I no longer have the shirt so i can't shoot any more photos of it till it's done in about 5 weeks.

Strike Gold Loopwheeled Indigo-Dyed Sweaters and Zip Hoodies

Strike Gold have taken their extremely popular loopwheeled crewneck sweaters and zip hoodies and done a limited run in vat indigo-dyed versions.  These come in a dark indigo color when new and will fade and age over time with regular wear and washing.  We can't wait to see what the indigo versions will look like in just a year's time.

These are the ultimate loopwheeled crewneck sweaters.  A sweater that is a true loopwheeled fabric, flatlock seam stitched throughout, kitten soft exterior and interior, a beautiful fit, and great detailing that's only noticed by those who've studied the art of the loopwheeled sweater. We know this all sounds like a bit much, but once you see these in person you'll know, there's something very special about them that sets them apart from the rest.

Along with these crewnecks we've received the ultimate zip hoodie.  A single panel all around with an opening at the front for a 100% cotton taped zipper and 100% cotton hood pulls.  This is taking the idea of a perfect loopwheeled hoodie to an extreme.  Combining the fabric that Strike Gold produces with the details like a slim fit and two front patch pockets makes this the hoodie to die with.

These are available now in black, gray, and indigo dyed versions.
There will be no restocks of these this season as these are only produced once a year.

All these items are available now at all Self Edge stores, check the online store for full specs on the sweaters and shirts along with measurements, hi-res photos, and more.

SG_NAVY_CREW_01.jpg
SG_NAVY_CREW_06.jpg
SG_NAVY_HOODIE_01.jpg
SG_NAVY_HOODIE_03.jpg
SG_GREY_CREW_01.jpg
SG_GREY_HOODIE_01.jpg
SG_GREY_HOODIE_04.jpg
SG_CREW_BLK_01.JPG
SG_HOODIE_BLK_01.JPG
SG_HOODIE_BLK_01_04.JPG

Kiya...what size is your model wearing in the SG hoodie/sweat tops?

And what size is he for reference?

Thanks

He's wearing a Medium.

He is 6' tall and weighs 165 pounds.

He's wearing the indigo in medium as well? 

Yup, medium in both.

:blink: he is 6 ft but the medium is the perfect length for him. I am 5'5" and a large is at that same length for me if anything might be slightly shorter

By most people's standards the Medium is actually considered short on him, he just likes his tops on the short side and we style his photos in HIS personal style so that it looks as natural as possible.  

It's all about personal preference.  For instance, i only like long sleeved shirts where the sleeves look slightly on the short side.  A forum member from Ask Andy or Style Forum's "Classic  Menswear" would be up in arms over the idea that somebody would like their sleeves to end right before their wrists, yet that's the way i like them.  In the end there is no rulebook when it comes to street wear and when you spend too much time on a forum you forget that.  Wear it in a way that makes you feel good about it.

I second what Kiya's saying, for a long time I was buying my FH shirts in too big a size (42) because I thought a shirt "had" to go all the way to my wrists and have a longer hem.  As it turns out, a size 40 looks a lot better.  When you size these kinds of shirts or sweats, the most important thing is to get the right fit in the chest and shoulders, and not worry too much if the hem or sleeves are a little long or short.

For whatever it's worth, I'm rather tall (6'3") and my shirts fit pretty much the same way as in Josh's pictures.

By most people's standards the Medium is actually considered short on him, he just likes his tops on the short side and we style his photos in HIS personal style so that it looks as natural as possible.  

It's all about personal preference.  For instance, i only like long sleeved shirts where the sleeves look slightly on the short side.  A forum member from Ask Andy or Style Forum's "Classic  Menswear" would be up in arms over the idea that somebody would like their sleeves to end right before their wrists, yet that's the way i like them.  In the end there is no rulebook when it comes to street wear and when you spend too much time on a forum you forget that.  Wear it in a way that makes you feel good about it.

its a perfect fit on him and all the other tops he models for you guys basically fits perfect imo. if only i wasnt so short and wide id find better fits on most japanese clothing. Out of all t shirts i own NBHD and FH probably fits the best on me

Edited by ilykejordans

To chime into the discussion, and hopefully help people out with sizing, I'm 5'10", 165, with probably a slightly shorter than normal torso for my height (long legs), and I'm wearing an XL SG Sweatshirt in this pic, cold-washed and line-dried:

DSC04425_zpsbf25fe08.jpg

That's the fit I was going for, and after owning this sweatshirt for a year I'll certainly be buying more in the same size

Edited by skurlandski

Whats the word on a Self Edge x Iron Heart Overdyed Type-III jacket coming out? 

I need to decide wether to cop the superblack type-III or wait for this collab I got wind of to drop.

OD IH Type III is coming December 10th!

The Self Edge "Let's Drink!" SALE - This Weekend!

Here at Self Edge we like to find any reason to drink, and better yet, drink with our customers...

So this weekend we're running a LET'S DRINK sale on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This will be the last time we're discounting anything this year. Come by the store and have a few beers with us and enjoy an 13% off (we're odd like that) sale on everything in the store.

We'll have quite a few new shirts, jeans, jackets, leather accessories, silver jewelry, and more in the store just in time for the weekend from Iron Heart, Mister Freedom, Flat Head, RJB, Strike Gold, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson (and William Gibson), Dry Bones, 3sixteen, Yellow Rat, John Lofgren, Stevenson, and more.

Come by and check out all the newest releases from every line we carry and restocks of all the jeans from all the brands which we stock. There's quite a bit of new product coming in daily and some will be going up in the online store over the next few days, some will be in-store only until after the weekend.

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 13% for three days so come by and have a drink and check out our new goods.

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, SELA, and SEDPX:

November 29, 30, and 31 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:

Starts 9am (PST) Friday, November 29th

Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, December 2nd

Sale in-store and online will be 13% off (Excludes all printed media, CDs, and hems/repairs). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 13% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November 29th, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) Monday, December 2nd.

Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 13% off along with free shipping worldwide: LetsDrink2013

Hey K, in regards to the "Get Lit" Lighter, does it fit in most coin pockets? SE05BSP/SEXI14/SG2109 etc?

Yup, fits in nearly every coin pocket (snug).

Kiya

I normally wear a size XXL or XXXL in Iron Heart shirts.

Would any of your other brands have a similar fit? Overall length and chest width are important for my fit.

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

If you're a XXL or XXXL in an IH shirt there isn't another Japanese brand we know of that goes up that big in the shirts.