Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Have you already discussed the properties of the denim that is going to be used? 

The denim is a newly developed 20oz loomstate left hand twill fabric that's got a medium blue shade.

Yo! Shout out to whoever repaired my Iron Hearts.. Seriously mind boggling what the person has done to them. Can't believe that I didn't have to pay more than $20 just to repair all those holes and rips.. I feel really bad for whoever repaired them because I feel they deserve more (I know first hand). Kiya, if you don't mind, can you let me know who repaired them so I can personally thank them. 

Yo! Shout out to whoever repaired my Iron Hearts.. Seriously mind boggling what the person has done to them. Can't believe that I didn't have to pay more than $20 just to repair all those holes and rips.. I feel really bad for whoever repaired them because I feel they deserve more (I know first hand). Kiya, if you don't mind, can you let me know who repaired them so I can personally thank them. 

Check the second photo: http://instagram.com/kiya

Edited by kiya

Mister Freedom Californian Jeans & "El Americano" Indigo-Dyed Jacket

Two new items are here from Mister Freedom's 2013 winter collection. 

First up we have the newest iteration of his popular "Californian" jean series.  This time made of Sugar Cane's '66 denim in a traditional mid-rise jean with a little taper below the knee; cut and sewn in the USA.

Next up we've got the piece we were most excited about from the new collection, the Indigo-Dyed Cord Jacket with a Troy blanket lining.  This is a 14.5oz mid-wale corduroy which has been indigo vat-dyed, custom made for Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane.  Jacket comes complete with carved corozo nut buttons, flared wrist cuffs, and adjustable side cinches. 

Both of these items along with a full restock of all colors of blank Mister Freedom tees are available now at all stores and in our online store.  

MF_SC_01.jpg
MF_SC_03.jpg
MF_SC_04.jpg
MF_CORD_BLAZER_01.jpg
MF_CORD_BLAZER_03.jpg
MF_CORD_BLAZER_04.jpg
MF_CORD_BLAZER_05.jpg
MF_CORD_BLAZER_06.jpg
MF_CORD_BLAZER_07.jpg
MF_CORD_BLAZER_08.jpg

Hey Kiya, do you guys do button repairs? My Shadow Selvedge 3:sixteens from last year just popped their button - not because of weight gain or anything, just popped off. Or should I ask the brand direct?

Called SENY because Kiya mentioned that they were already available there, not sure about the other stores yet.

I really want to actually get the chance to visit a SE store, they're all so far away from me here in ATX.

Maybe when I'm in DC for Christmas I can swing up to NY and check it out.

Hey Kiya, do you guys do button repairs? My Shadow Selvedge 3:sixteens from last year just popped their button - not because of weight gain or anything, just popped off. Or should I ask the brand direct?

Email us and we'll sort you out quick-style.

Email us and we'll sort you out quick-style.

Email sent, thanks so much for the response!

Any update on the John Lofgren tees going online?

Should be going online by tomorrow along with the caps/hats.

Introducing Japan's John Lofgren & Co. - T-Shirts, Caps, & Hats

It's not often we add a new brand to our roster as we feel that we'd rather go deeper into the brands we carry as opposed to carrying a smattering of products across a wide range of brands.  There is a brand that we've been watching for years, a brand that has thus far mostly sold to the most die-hard vintage clothing connoisseurs.  That brand is Japan's John Lofgren & Company. 

We'd like to introduce this brand with a set of very special t-shirts, two watch caps, and two hats.  The t-shirts are quite literally perfect, from the fabric to the fit they've nailed the classic striped tee.  The A-4 watch caps are available in both black and olive with minimal interior Lofgren labeling.  And lastly we have a reversible bucket cap and a black nelson cap. 

We've got a lot of information on each of these items on their product pages, check the appropriate page for full spec lists and lots more information.

JL_BLUE_SHIRT_01.jpg

JL_BLUE_SHIRT_02.jpg

JL_GOLD_SHIRT_01.jpg

JL_GOLD_SHIRT_02.jpg

JL_CAP_BLK_01.jpg

JL_CAP_OLIVE_01.jpg

JL_CAMO_HAT_01.jpg

JL_CAMO_HAT_02.jpg

JL_CAMO_HAT_03.jpg

JL_CAMO_HAT_04.jpg

Stevenson Overall Co. Winter Shirts & Indigo Black Caps

We've just received three new Stevenson winter shirts and a great new indigo-dyed cap.

First up is the Regulator, an indigo-dyed mid-weight chambray shirt that's got a unique look to the fabric due to the dying process which fades in and out on the yarns used to create the fabric.  The shirt has a wild pleated side/back area to slim out the shirt without using darts.

Next up we've got the Windsor Shield chambray with a great fit and awesome pocket design, they've also modified the fit a bit from last year's Windsor shirt.

Every year one of the most popular Stevenson shirts is their Bucko snap shirt in various fabrics.  This year they've changed the details a bit and used a 8oz supima cotton denim that's pure indigo dyed, it's soft and will fade over time like a pair of good jeans.

Lastly we have the Black Indigo Racer Cap, which is a modified version of their indigo-dyed caps of previous years.  This year they've doubled up on the fabric on the lower half of the cap creating a warmer and better fitting (and shorter) cap.

All these items are available now in our online store and at all four Self Edge stores, check the product pages for full spec lists and more.

STVNSN_NAVY_001.jpg

STVNSN_NAVY_004.jpg

STVNSN_BLUE_001.jpg

STVNSN_BLUE_004.jpg

STVNSN_INDIGO_001.jpg

STVNSN_INDIGO_003.jpg

SOCO_CAP_01.jpg

SOCO_CAP_02.jpg

SOCO_CAP_03.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before but what are the differences between the 34BSP and the 140x series?

Just the cut and details.

The Flat Head socks are so ridiculously great I bought two pair for when Ms. Ready steals one.  So now I look like a hero.

I dig the tightened mid-foot weaving but the best touch is the rubberized anti-slip branding on the bottom... papa ajchen, you know what's up!

I have been telling people since those showed up that i don't believe a better designed thick sock has ever been made, not surprised it came from Flat Head.

kiya, have the Appaloosa's hit the SF store yet? Possibly visiting SF next weekend and would love to snag a size (if any are left)...

Yup, they're at all stores now.

Introducing Japan's John Lofgren & Co. - T-Shirts, Caps, & Hats

It's not often we add a new brand to our roster as we feel that we'd rather go deeper into the brands we carry as opposed to carrying a smattering of products across a wide range of brands.  There is a brand that we've been watching for years, a brand that has thus far mostly sold to the most die-hard vintage clothing connoisseurs.  That brand is Japan's John Lofgren & Company. 

We'd like to introduce this brand with a set of very special t-shirts, two watch caps, and two hats.  The t-shirts are quite literally perfect, from the fabric to the fit they've nailed the classic striped tee.  The A-4 watch caps are available in both black and olive with minimal interior Lofgren labeling.  And lastly we have a reversible bucket cap and a black nelson cap. 

We've got a lot of information on each of these items on their product pages, check the appropriate page for full spec lists and lots more information.

JL_BLUE_SHIRT_01.jpg

JL_BLUE_SHIRT_02.jpg

JL_GOLD_SHIRT_01.jpg

JL_GOLD_SHIRT_02.jpg

JL_CAP_BLK_01.jpg

JL_CAP_OLIVE_01.jpg

JL_CAMO_HAT_01.jpg

JL_CAMO_HAT_02.jpg

JL_CAMO_HAT_03.jpg

JL_CAMO_HAT_04.jpg

Stevenson Overall Co. Winter Shirts & Indigo Black Caps

We've just received three new Stevenson winter shirts and a great new indigo-dyed cap.

First up is the Regulator, an indigo-dyed mid-weight chambray shirt that's got a unique look to the fabric due to the dying process which fades in and out on the yarns used to create the fabric.  The shirt has a wild pleated side/back area to slim out the shirt without using darts.

Next up we've got the Windsor Shield chambray with a great fit and awesome pocket design, they've also modified the fit a bit from last year's Windsor shirt.

Every year one of the most popular Stevenson shirts is their Bucko snap shirt in various fabrics.  This year they've changed the details a bit and used a 8oz supima cotton denim that's pure indigo dyed, it's soft and will fade over time like a pair of good jeans.

Lastly we have the Black Indigo Racer Cap, which is a modified version of their indigo-dyed caps of previous years.  This year they've doubled up on the fabric on the lower half of the cap creating a warmer and better fitting (and shorter) cap.

All these items are available now in our online store and at all four Self Edge stores, check the product pages for full spec lists and more.

STVNSN_NAVY_001.jpg

STVNSN_NAVY_004.jpg

STVNSN_BLUE_001.jpg

STVNSN_BLUE_004.jpg

STVNSN_INDIGO_001.jpg

STVNSN_INDIGO_003.jpg

SOCO_CAP_01.jpg

SOCO_CAP_02.jpg

SOCO_CAP_03.jpg