Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Got a chance to stop by Self Edge in San Fransicso and Portland while on vacation the last couple weeks and just wanted to say thanks to the great staff you have. Both gentlemen were friendly, and very helpful. As an online customer since 2008 it was a true joy to finally see the stores and see the quality of your merchandise first hand, plus talk to your staff in person. I picked up some socks while in Portland and just recieved the Sugarcane Navy Nep shirt I was able to try on. I may have passed on it had I not had the oppertunity  to see it in person, such a great fabric.

Thanks again for your help over the years!

Edited by themexican

Got a chance to stop by Self Edge in San Fransicso and Portland while on vacation the last couple weeks and just wanted to say thanks to the great staff you have. Both gentlemen were friendly, and very helpful. As an online customer since 2008 it was a true joy to finally see the stores and see the quality of your merchandise first hand, plus talk to your staff in person. I picked up some socks while in Portland and just recieved the Sugarcane Navy Nep shirt I was able to try on. I may have passed on it had I not had the oppertunity  to see it in person, such a great fabric.

Thanks again for your help over the years!

Thanks for the kind words.  Glad you were able to make it into the shop, we do our best to try and relay the message of what a fabric is really like with our online store but nothing beats seeing the stuff in person.

3sixteen+ Indigo-Dyed Linen Shirt & 34BSP Heavyweight Brown Weft Jeans

We've got two new limited edition items from 3sixteen+ this week including a shirt and a pair of jeans.

First we have a short sleeve shirt made of a Japanese pure indigo-dyed linen.  The fabric feels cool to the touch and is sure to age well over time as the indigo fades.  The fabric was woven in Okayama (Japan) and the shirt was cut and sewn in the USA and comes with natural corozo nut buttons which have already taken on a bit of the color from the indigo fabric. 

Recently 3sixteen celebrated their 10th anniversary by creating the Decade Collection, a set of items made to commemorate ten years of being in business, and released at their pop-up shop in NYC.  We're happy to announce that we are now carrying one of those items at Self Edge, the 34BSP jean.  This is the 30BSP cut, which has turned into one of our most popular fits, in a newly developed 17oz selvedge fabric with a brown pigment dyed weft.  This gives the fabric a very unique indigo shade, we're excited to see people wear these in over time, we've had a denim similar to this from Strike Gold and those have looked great over the years. 

Both the new indigo-dyed shirt and the 34BSP jean are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.  Jeans modeled by SESF's Eugene Terrible, shirt modeled by Josh Harris.  Check the online store for full measurements, specs, and high-res photographs.

316_34BSP_01.jpg

316_34BSP_03.jpg

316_34BSP_04.jpg

316_34BSP_05.jpg

316_34BSP_06.jpg

316_SHIRT_01.jpg

316_SS_WRKSHRT_04.jpg

Those jeans look bossy as hell, but damn, I don't think I can squeeze into them.

These jeans are about as squeeze into-able as jeans outside the repro-cut range are going to get...perfect if you have monster thighs but want a slimmer looking fit.  

Top block in a sz 33 34bsp feels fairly similar to that of a washed 3009 in sz 34 but feels like it might be just a tad roomier across the hips.  The taper below the knee is definitely more significant though.  It's a very flattering cut.

will the +34BSP be regularly stocked or are they a one-off production? 

They were a limited item made for 3sixteen's 10th Anniversary collection, they will not be remade.

tmadd- my concern are the thighs but thanks for the advice

Sorry, what I intended to say was "top block and thighs".  The thighs in a brand new pair of 34bsp size 33 are not any smaller (if anything a hair larger) than the thighs in a moderately stretched pair of 3009 (post soak/wash etc) in size 34.  I'd imagine this would mean that if a given size in 3009 works for you, or nearly works for you in the thighs, that a size down in the 34bsp would be ok.  

Iron Heart Heavy Herringbone Flannels, 12oz Black/Black Snap Shirts, Extra Heavy Flannels, & Indigo Selvedge Bandanas

Iron Heart's winter shirts have started to come in and they look and feel great.  This week we have four new shirts and an indigo-dyed selvedge bandana.

First up we have Iron Heart's heavy herringbone flannel shirt.  This shirt comes in two new colors and has Iron Heart's new branded black Permex buttons, felled inner seams, and a brushed interior. 

For their 10th Anniversary Iron Heart did a new version of their black/black snap shirt, this one comes in a new denim with a small "10th Anniversary" branded tag.  These things are just asking to be beat up and look great with some wear on them. 

Next up we have Iron Heart's yearly super heavy weight flannel, the feel and look of this pattern is seriously good.  These are sure to go quick as they've become one of the most collectible Iron Heart shirts.

We're happy to see a fresh take on the classic bandana with this new Iron Heart design.  With this new indigo dyed bandana they've incorporated the selvedge edge into one side of the cut bandana.  The deep indigo color of the fabric will fade over time with regular use and washings.

All of these items along with a full restock of all Iron Heart jeans, jackets, belts, vests, and bracelets are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.

IHSH-86GRN_01.jpg

IHSH-86GRN_04.jpg

IHSH-86_01.jpg

IHSH-86_04.jpg

IH_BLK_01.jpg

IH_BLK_06.jpg

IH_BLK_07.jpg

IHSH-87_01.jpg

IHSH-87_04.jpg

The William Gibson x Buzz Rickson Winter Collection

The William Gibson x Buzz Rickson collection continues to be one of the labels which we're most proud of being able to carry at our stores.  The collection is released once a year, every November, with most pieces being cold weather focused.  This year Toyo announced that they've gone beyond the normal straight black military reproductions which the collection has been known for.  There are now some original jackets that come in colors other than black. 

First up we have a navy duffle coat made of an original 34oz melton wool which has been compressed then brushed making it warm and extremely soft.  This jacket comes with linen rope and natural wood toggles, angled hand pockets, a removable neck-tab, and a hood.  We never thought we'd carry a duffle coat but we never thought we'd find out this good. 

Next up we have a black B-29 grosgrain fabric jacket with a 100% cotton grosgrain outer, a quilted rayon inner, and a sheep shearling collar.  We love that the jacket has two hand pockets placed at an angle on top of the front storage pockets.  The collar is wild soft and feels amazing against your skin, this as comfortable as you're going to get in a warm jacket. 

Every year we try and order as many William Gibson MA-1 jackets as we can, it's never enough.  We are one of the only ones outside of Japan to carry the "Slender (Long)" version of this jacket which comes with a tad extra length so that it can be worn with an untucked shirt underneath. 

We've also received a restock of the ultimate black watch cap.  Made of a soft thick woven wool with minimal William Gibson branding, this will serve you for many years and soften as it wears in.

All of these items are available now at all four Self Edge stores and in our online store.  Check the online store for full spec lists, high-res photographs, and measurements.

BR_COAT_01.jpg

BR_COAT_04.jpg

BR_COAT_09.jpg

BR_JACKET_01.jpg

BR_JACKET_04.jpg

BR_JACKET_09.jpg

BR_MA-1_01.JPG

BR_MA-1_06.JPG

BR_MA-1_07.JPG

Hey Kiya, the SF-01 fit is golden for me.  What else in your arsenal is comparable?  The upcoming IH collab perhaps? (You probably can't speak on that yet).

If you like the SF-01 i would look at the 11BSP from 3sixteen+.  It's an awesome denim and a great fit.

The new IH collab is coming in three models.. the 301s, the 633s (tapered 634s), and a Modified Type III Jacket. All in a 20oz unsanforized Left Hand Twill denim that was developed by Self Edge and Iron Heart.

Is there a release date on those collaboration yet?? A long shot but thought if ask.

We're aiming for December 28th.

As per the MF thread, when you getting the new shirts K?

We'll have those new MF denim shirts November 11th.

If you like the SF-01 i would look at the 11BSP from 3sixteen+.  It's an awesome denim and a great fit.

The new IH collab is coming in three models.. the 301s, the 633s (tapered 634s), and a Modified Type III Jacket. All in a 20oz unsanforized Left Hand Twill denim that was developed by Self Edge and Iron Heart.

Reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaallly?

Please tell me the 633 is going down to a 28 waist. That's my dream cut.

The smallest size should be shrinking down to about 28".