Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

When are you planning on updating your site with pictures?

We'll have specs/photos/measurements up on October 16th.

Kiya, if I bought something from the online store that was sent from new york, is there a reason why I paid sales tax for it in california?

Because businesses (such as our online store) which operate under the same federal tax ID number in multiple states charge sales tax to the state which the item is going to if it's a state which that tax ID is registered in.

Edited by kiya

3sixteen+ 11BSP and 21BSP Made in Japan 18oz Denim Jeans

We've just received a restock of 3sixteen+'s 18oz unsanforized denim jeans which are fully made in Japan.  We constantly tell our clients that these jeans offer some of the most bang for your buck than almost any other jean on the market.  The denim on these is custom produced for 3sixteen+ in Ibarra City (Okayama Prefecture) and age very well over time.

These jeans are available in both a straight leg and slim cut and come complete with custom "Never Scratch" rivets, matte black finished donut buttons, red w/ gold spark lame thread selvedge ID, and a thick cowhide patch.  The low tension weave on these gives the fabric an abrasive feel when new, making its wear pattern even more defined over time with regular wear.

Both the 11BSP (straight leg) and 21BSP (slim cut) are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store, check the online store for full spec lists, measurements, and high-res photographs.

11BSP After 14 Months of Wear & 7 Washes:

21bsp_1.jpg

21BSP_2.jpg

21BSP_3.jpg

316_11bsp_01-1.JPG

316_21bsp_01.JPG

316_11bsp_01_02.JPG

316_11bsp_01_03.JPG

316_11bsp_01_04.JPG

316_11bsp_01_05.JPG

316_11bsp_01_06.JPG

kiya do you happen to know if the 7 washes were done approx every 2 months for the pair above? Or did he wait a while before the first one?

They were done every 6 to 10 weeks from when they were first worn.  A good unsanforized denim doesn't need infrequent washings to end up with nice defined fading characteristics. 

Kiya, I was just at sela and pretty much fell in love with the cut on the stevenson 767.  I tried on a 31 which looked pretty damn good and roomy enough pre-soak, and casey said for what I want i should go for the 31 and i trust him but i thought id just check in here and get your thoughts.  

IMG_3680.jpg

I had like a little over an inch in the waist I think

The fit looks good, but you'd need to do a hot soak on that size.  That denim doesn't shrink as much as other unsanforized denim in the same weight.  I love that jean, i'm currently wearing the 727 and they're breaking in very well.

Buzz Rickson & William Gibson Pea Coats, Watch Caps, A-10 Gloves, Chambray Shirts, & CPO Shirts

img59263436.jpg

Buzz Rickson!!!  The brand that sounds best at very loud volumes has just delivered a large shipment of winter items. 

First off we have their pea coat which continues to be one of our best selling outerwear pieces year after year, super comfortable and very warm, you'll get years of use out of this classic jacket.

Buzz Rickson still makes one of the best watch caps on the market, the feel of the soft thick wool is unsurpassed.  These are now available in olive, navy, and William Gibson's black.

We're happy to see that Buzz Rickson is once again producing their wool CPO shirt, its soft and goes great with nearly any outfit.  We've seen clients of ours which bought these when we first carried them years ago still wearing theirs, you can't go wrong with the details and feel of a classic shirt like this.  We now have these back in stock in limited numbers.

We feel that chambray is going to make a quiet comeback over the next year, it was a bit much when it was being shoved down our throats by nearly every brand and retailer, thankfully that phase has passed.  We don't believe anybody other than us was carrying chambray shirts in a boutique environment in America seven years ago, and we loved having them in different variations from our various brands.  We're going back in, and Buzz Rickson's is the first one many we're getting for the winter season.  Chambray, we missed you.

Lastly we've received Buzz Rickson's Goatskin A-10 gloves which are wool lined.  These fit great, come in various sizes, and are very warm and comfortable. 

All these items are available now at all four stores and in our online store, check the online store for measurements, full spec lists, and high-res photographs.

Yellow Rat Mini-Gingham & Chambray Shirts

Yellow Rat has just delivered two new shirts for the fall season, one made of a cotton mini-gingham fabric and the other made of chambray.

Both of these are long sleeve button-down shirts with gusseted side-seams, cut in a classic 40's silhouette.  There is no fusing used in the collars so that they lay in a more natural casual style.

Both of these shirts are available now at all four Self Edge stores and in our online store.

YR_BLUE_001.jpg

YR_BLUE_004.jpg

YR_BLUE_006.jpg

YR_CHECKER_01.jpg

YR_CHECKER_04.jpg

YR_CHECKER_06.jpg

Any word on when The Strike Gold sweats will be in?  I'm definitely going to grab an indigo dyed one.

November 5th.

e845662036a811e3825822000ae803d7_8.jpg

Edited by erase

Roy's New 11oz Denim "Big Bro" Jean

We've got a new jean from Roy Slaper coming and it's a doozy.  This model has a newly developed lightweight fabric, clocking in at 11oz per square yard in its raw state.  The fabric has a very vintage feel and shade to it, being very close to the Deeptone denim Cone offered in the early 40's.

The fit comes in somewhere between his last two releases (The Buck-Tite and the SF-01), with it being easy to size down a bit for a slimmer fit or go up a size and get a straight fit without making the jean look too baggy. 

Also, this new model has some details which are new to Roy's jeans such as tin-plated brass buttons, two-prong copper plated brass rivets, a mini steel buckle-back, and a few other details that you'll discover yourself.

These jeans will go on sale at Noon (local time) at all four Self Edge stores on Saturday, October 19th and at 10am (PDT) in our online store on the same day.  

Check the product page for full measurements, a full spec list, more info, and high-res photographs.

ROY_BB_01.jpg

ROY_BB_02.jpg

ROY_BB_03.jpg

ROY_BB_04.jpg

ROY_BB_05.jpg

ROY_BB_06.jpg

ROY_BB_07.jpg

ROY_BB_08.jpg

ROY_BB_09.jpg

ROY_BB_10.jpg