Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya,

Do any of your suppliers make a low rise, straight cut jean?

Yup, you're looking for the Strike Gold 1105, 2105, or 3105.

maybe kiya or someone can helpe me

ive been wearing a pair of 3sixteen sl100's size 34 for almost a year and i love the fit for the most part.

im starting to look for a new pair of jeans and id just like them to be a little bigger in the thigh/knee than the SL's.

i was thinking about beatle busters but im not sure since they said they fit higher.

can anyone reccomend any pairs/give advice?

ive been looking at measurements for a lot of jeans but i cant find any yet that match what im lookin for

maybe kiya or someone can helpe me

ive been wearing a pair of 3sixteen sl100's size 34 for almost a year and i love the fit for the most part.

im starting to look for a new pair of jeans and id just like them to be a little bigger in the thigh/knee than the SL's.

i was thinking about beatle busters but im not sure since they said they fit higher.

can anyone reccomend any pairs/give advice?

ive been looking at measurements for a lot of jeans but i cant find any yet that match what im lookin for

I'd guess you'd be very happy with a pair of IH 634s.  It shares a lot of the things I find favorable about the SL-100x cut wise, but with a slightly higher rise, and a slightly wider, but still straight leg.  It is an incredibly good looking cut on everybody that tries it on, and you can easily take the same size as you take in the SL100x.  

so i just made a hilariously stupid fuck up.

I ordered a pair of FH BSPs in 31 a while ago. Had them soaked and then got them hemmed at self edge LA. Fit was great, but after trying them on again I felt like the inseam was too short (my fault, not a botched hemming), so I decided to try to sell them on here and just order a new pair to replace them.

Well for some reason I thought the BSPs I had were a 32, so I ordered a new pair in 32 to replace them. They felt big pre-soak, but I didn't think much of it since I figured they'd be the same as my other pair once I soaked them. They literally just finished soaking when I took out my older (and hemmed too short) pair of BSPs and noticed that those are actually a 31, not 32.

Is there anyyyything self edge can do for me, or am I just totally fucked now and left to re-order another pair yet again, and make sure I get them in 31 this time? The 32's I have are unhemmed, just freshly soaked, and never worn at all. I doubt I can really do much other than sell them here, but figured I'd at least see!

Edited by jamers

so i just made a hilariously stupid fuck up.

I ordered a pair of FH BSPs in 31 a while ago. Had them soaked and then got them hemmed at self edge LA. Fit was great, but after trying them on again I felt like the inseam was too short (my fault, not a botched hemming), so I decided to try to sell them on here and just order a new pair to replace them.

Well for some reason I thought the BSPs I had were a 32, so I ordered a new pair in 32 to replace them. They felt big pre-soak, but I didn't think much of it since I figured they'd be the same as my other pair once I soaked them. They literally just finished soaking when I took out my older (and hemmed too short) pair of BSPs and noticed that those are actually a 31, not 32.

Is there anyyyything self edge can do for me, or am I just totally fucked now and left to re-order another pair yet again, and make sure I get them in 31 this time? The 32's I have are unhemmed, just freshly soaked, and never worn at all. I doubt I can really do much other than sell them here, but figured I'd at least see!

We can't take the jeans which you've soaked back, but we can offer you another pair 40% off retail, which is our cost.  I'm sure you can probably sell the soaked pair fairly quickly and actually come out ahead after the 40% off another pair.

We can't take the jeans which you've soaked back, but we can offer you another pair 40% off retail, which is our cost.  I'm sure you can probably sell the soaked pair fairly quickly and actually come out ahead after the 40% off another pair.

awesome, that's better than anything I was expecting. Can you let me know how I can get the new pair for 40% off? They're sold out in the online store in 31, but I can go down to SENY today to buy them

awesome, that's better than anything I was expecting. Can you let me know how I can get the new pair for 40% off? They're sold out in the online store in 31, but I can go down to SENY today to buy them

You're all set to go in today, SENY knows about the situation and the discount.

You're all set to go in today, SENY knows about the situation and the discount.

thanks so much. i just got back from the NY store with the jeans. i really appreciate it!

Jamers,

You are very lucky to have dealt with Self Edge, any other shop would have told you politely to fv*|< off. You really need to engage your brain in future.

i agree, i'm a fucking idiot.

Kiya do you sell that MA-1 Flight Jacket Eyeglass case seperately. Looks awesome. If not do you know where I can get one?

Nope, those are designed by Tetsuya Okada and custom made for his line, the only way to own one is to buy a pair of the frames.  The cases are very cool but the frames themselves are a work of art.  

is the SL-10x the same fabric as the one used for the 30bsp?

Yup, it's the 15.5oz 30BSP fabric in our SL and ST cut, with a few special details, such as two-tone stitching, crossed back belt loops and a commemorative leather patch.

Hey Kiya, question. I have a pair of SG2109 which i turned into cut-off shorts. I think I want to get them hemmed so they are neater looking. How much shorter will they get with a hem?

Exactly 1".

I'd guess you'd be very happy with a pair of IH 634s.  It shares a lot of the things I find favorable about the SL-100x cut wise, but with a slightly higher rise, and a slightly wider, but still straight leg.  It is an incredibly good looking cut on everybody that tries it on, and you can easily take the same size as you take in the SL100x.  

thank you for the advice!

Kiya -- if a new zipper is needed for a repair on vintage jeans do you guys carry vintage zippers? If not, do you have any objection to using a provided vintage zipper? Also, zippers fall under the 40$ umbrella no?

Zippers are the only thing which we'll only repair if the jeans were bought from us, if the jeans weren't bought from us i suggest finding a well trained tailor to replace the zipper tape and pull.