Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Gents, looking for a steer... how hot should a hot soak be? Get my sexdb19s tomorrow... thanks.

Just as hot as your tap water gets, no hotter.  

Just as hot as your tap water gets, no hotter.  

This. Never pour boiling water on your denim.

Also, you might want to hot soak it twice (as in, let it dry the first time, then hot soak again) to get out the majority of shrinkage. Mine shrunk a lot more 2nd hot soak.

Any updates as to what Roy is up to?

Its some crazy shit, he's doing jeans and a shirt next, both very different than everything else he's done.  Jeans are completely rebuilt and the shirt is quite different too, jeans first then the shirt will follow.  We should see these in October at some point.

kiya, on 03 Sept 2013 - 9:34 PM, said:

Its some crazy shit, he's doing jeans and a shirt next, both very different than everything else he's done. Jeans are completely rebuilt and the shirt is quite different too, jeans first then the shirt will follow. We should see these in October at some point.

Any hints about the jeans. The Buck Tite are the best fitting jeans I've ever purchased. I need to pick up another pair before he stops making them.

Absolutely loving the new dry bones. I can't figure out why, but I feel like right now they make my legs look short, and I've never had that problem before...maybe it's just the angle of this picture...but anyway...should I get them hemmed or leave them long?

2unn.jpg

Edited by jdmcnary

Any hints about the jeans. The Buck Tite are the best fitting jeans I've ever purchased. I need to pick up another pair before he stops making them.

The fit is in between the Buck-Tite and the SF01, here are the measurements for a size 33 (unwashed):

waist 34

front rise 11 1/4
back rise 15 3/4
thigh 12 1/2 ish
knee 9
opening 8 1/4

Absolutely loving the new dry bones. I can't figure out why, but I feel like right now they make my legs look short, and I've never had that problem before...maybe it's just the angle of this picture...but anyway...should I get them hemmed or leave them long?

You could easily take off 3 inches...maybe more...it's a little hard to tell from the photo.  I'd hem them down to a point where you can double cuff them with whatever size cuff you like, and have no break at all.  This way if you want a little break, you can get it by going down to a single cuff or no cuff, but by having no break+double cuff, you'll clean up the appearance of the leg, and your legs will look slimmer and longer than they do with the negative space created by the stacking going on now. 

20130904_205231_zps8cf68378.jpg

New SEXDB19s pre-soak.  Loads of character and texture.  Amazing colours.  Shame about the pictures!

Actual dry sizing came in a little less than on the website but suppose that's the uniqueness for you and not an issue... just means I needed to soak carefully... very happy with what Self Edge and Dry Bones have created here...

Measurements: Website-Actual Dry...

Front rise 11-11 Waist  36.5-35 Upper thigh  13.3-13 Knee  9.75-9 Hem  8.5-8

Kiya,

The upcomimg Roys sound great. Hope to jump on these, as I've missed out in the past.

Size advice given I'm 34 FH 3009, 32-33 samurai 500xx?

Thanks

The next Roy jean is going to be something very different, we'll have measurements up once we receive them.  At that point you can use those measurements to determine your size in relation to the jeans you currently own.

You could easily take off 3 inches...maybe more...it's a little hard to tell from the photo.  I'd hem them down to a point where you can double cuff them with whatever size cuff you like, and have no break at all.  This way if you want a little break, you can get it by going down to a single cuff or no cuff, but by having no break+double cuff, you'll clean up the appearance of the leg, and your legs will look slimmer and longer than they do with the negative space created by the stacking going on now. 

Thanks Tmadd (and others)!  Totally agree with your assessment, and will be getting them hemmed this week!  I'll post a pic once complete.   

I'm assuming you will stock it at the Portland store once released?

Yup, we'll have them at all stores.  

The next Roy jean is going to be something very different, we'll have measurements up once we receive them.  At that point you can use those measurements to determine your size in relation to the jeans you currently own.

Thanks Kiya, I will certainly will do that...I was fishing for "gestalt" sizing advice in comparison to those other jeans which I find helpful as well...maybe to early for that

Kiya- when will the 3sixteen+ 34bsp be posted online?

We'll have those in about four weeks at the stores and online.

We'll have those in about four weeks at the stores and online.

Good I waited to buy a new pair of jeans. These will be my next weapon of choice!

Globe Specs x Free & Easy and Globe Specs x Beauty & Youth 2013 Eyewear Collection

From the eyewear line that brought us our favorite frames of 2012... 

Globe Specs has just delivered a new set of frames for 2013, one of which is a collaboration with Japan's Free & Easy. 

We have four new frames, all of which are 100% made in Japan.  The steel, acetates, and hinges are all made in Japan with the frames being hand shaped and polished in the end for the perfect feel and fit.  The detail on the Free & Easy frame is amazing, especially how the acetate gives way to the steel part way down the temple.  The Beauty & Youth frames are made of steel structured acetate with cast silver accents near the hinges, they're classic yet different from other frames on the market.  Tetsuya Okada continues to impress us with his ability to design and produce eyewear in Japan.

The three Beauty & Youth frames come with a zippered rip-stop nylon MA-1 jacket inspired case complete with pen slips and a safety orange inner lining.  The Free & Easy frames come in a custom hard snap case stamped with the Rugged Museum's logo (Free & Easy's concept space in Tokyo).

All four of these frames are available now at all four Self Edge stores and in our online store, check the product pages for full spec lists and high-res images.

GS_1_02.jpg

GS_1_05.jpg

GS_1_06.jpg

GS_2_02.jpg

GS_2_05.jpg

GS_2_08.jpg

GS_3_03.jpg

GS_3_04.jpg

GS_3_06.jpg

GS_4_03.jpg