Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

How much heavier will the Strike Gold 1109 become with a warm soak?

After a warm or hot soak they denim would be rated at 1.5oz heavier per square yard.

any 33 SExDB19 left at the NY store? I might swing by after work to try them on. Need to see if the taper works for me in person

Nope, sold out in that size, but we have 32 and 34.

The Monty is a slightly smaller frame overall and the feel of the materials is far nicer than whats found on even vintage Clubmasters.

If you want it i would buy it asap because there are no restocks on these, they're seasonal.

Thanks Kiya, just placed the order.

What's the best way to get some more shrinkage out of my SEXDB19? (If there is any)

Originally did a 45 minute hot soak in the tub with agitation, maybe a gentle warm wash in the washing machine (no detergent of course).

Haven't done any measurements yet.

Hey Broark, did you try a second soak? Did they shrink more? 

What is the exchange policy for items bought during the sale?

We'll allow anything to be sent back to the SF store for store credit regardless of the sale or full price sale.

Just got my flathead bsp and iron heart 301s back from being repaired at self edge New York, just want to commend Kiya and the seny crew for never ceasing to amaze me with their service and skills. The crotch was seriously so bad on my flatheads I thought they were done for, as always not only did they go above my expectations but the repair job they did Is seriously blowing my mind. Thanks again guys! Ill post some detail shots this evening!

Received my Stevenson Ts today and I must say I am unsure about the fit. The torso is long yet the sleeves are short and the arm holes are also on the small side. Can I expect shrinkage in the wash with a regular spin and a tumble dry? 

My main concern is the length, it's just so long compare to the rest of the shirt, I am assuming this is on purpose? Very different than my other Ts: FH, SG, etc.

Besides that I love the fabric, perfect weight in my opinion, the pocket is also such a wonderfully tasteful, utilitarian detail. The color is also great, beautiful off-white. 

Thanks in advance.

Received my Stevenson Ts today and I must say I am unsure about the fit. The torso is long yet the sleeves are short and the arm holes are also on the small side. Can I expect shrinkage in the wash with a regular spin and a tumble dry? 

My main concern is the length, it's just so long compare to the rest of the shirt, I am assuming this is on purpose? Very different than my other Ts: FH, SG, etc.

Besides that I love the fabric, perfect weight in my opinion, the pocket is also such a wonderfully tasteful, utilitarian detail. The color is also great, beautiful off-white. 

Thanks in advance.

If you're used to FH and SG tees a Stevenson tee is definitely going to feel long on you because FH/SG tees are quite short compared to other t-shirts.  I'd say if anything Stevenson's tees are cut more like normal t-shirts which have a slightly longer body.  

I've washed mine in cold water and line dried them and shrinkage was minimal, but i did lose about .75" or so in the body length.

I initially went in to buy some SGs, but ended up buying a couple pair of Stevenson chinos opening day in PDX. Had buyers remorse until I wore them again this week. Now I'm in love. Fabric and detail is amazing. Fit is spot on. Was so happy you guys opened on the same weekend we were visiting PDX from YYJ.

I initially went in to buy some SGs, but ended up buying a couple pair of Stevenson chinos opening day in PDX. Had buyers remorse until I wore them again this week. Now I'm in love. Fabric and detail is amazing. Fit is spot on. Was so happy you guys opened on the same weekend we were visiting PDX from YYJ.

Thanks for coming into the Portland store, those Stevenson chinos are super nice.  There's a good reason why they've sold so quickly for us, they're the best fitting and feeling chinos we've seen.

Got a SG hotrod tee, fuck me its real nice! Anyway I need a plain white one in my life when do you plan to restock online.

Next restock of blanks is in October.

3sixteen Heavy Weight 17oz Denim Jeans

We're excited to announce a new fabric from one of our best selling brands, 3sixteen's new 17oz denim.  Over the last couple of years two of our best selling jeans at Self Edge have been the SL-100x and ST-100x from 3sixteen.  They're both great cuts in a simple straight forward jean that ages beautifully made of a custom woven Japanese selvedge denim.  3sixteen have now taken those two silhouettes and produced them in a newly developed 17oz sanforized denim.  Due to the heavier nature of the denim the jean feels a bit more rigid when new which will lead to even more definition in the fading over time with regular wear.

The new SL-130x and ST-130x are available now at all Self Edge stores, we don't think you can get a better jean at this price from any brand.  Check the online store for full spec lists, measurements, and high-res photographs.

316_SL-130X_01.jpg

316_ST-130X_01.jpg

316_SL-130X_03.jpg

316_SL-130X_04.jpg

316_SL-130X_05.jpg

316_SL-130X_06.jpg