Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

For those of you who got the Roy shirt - how is the fit? If anyone can compare to Iron Heart shirts it'd be greatly appreciated. The medium measurements look about right for me (am a large in IH), but I see people saying that they're glad they didn't size down...

For the sake of my bank account, hopefully that one last medium disappears before I figure it out.

They run true to size, i'd say the sizing is closer to American/European sizing than Japanese sizing. 

don't worry...i'm gonna buy that last medium after i win the powerball lottery tonight

For those of you who got the Roy shirt - how is the fit? If anyone can compare to Iron Heart shirts it'd be greatly appreciated. The medium measurements look about right for me (am a large in IH), but I see people saying that they're glad they didn't size down...

For the sake of my bank account, hopefully that one last medium disappears before I figure it out.

Hi Kiya,

I have the SG 2109's in a size 36.  The fit is good for me.  The 2109's did not shrink very much when I soaked them. 

Question #1 - I noticed the measurements on the 3109's is a bit smaller in the rise and leg opening compared to the 2109s.  Do you feel this is a noticable difference when worn?  I ask because I worry the rise may run a little short after soaking them.

Question #2 - Have you noticed a difference in shrinkage  amounts between the 2109 & 3109.

Lastly I congratulate you guys on the Portland store.  Portland is a great city and now it has a great denim shop.

Thanks

Hi Kiya,

I have the SG 2109's in a size 36.  The fit is good for me.  The 2109's did not shrink very much when I soaked them. 

Question #1 - I noticed the measurements on the 3109's is a bit smaller in the rise and leg opening compared to the 2109s.  Do you feel this is a noticable difference when worn?  I ask because I worry the rise may run a little short after soaking them.

Question #2 - Have you noticed a difference in shrinkage  amounts between the 2109 & 3109.

Lastly I congratulate you guys on the Portland store.  Portland is a great city and now it has a great denim shop.

Thanks

Answer #1 - Its not noticeable when worn, the difference in the measurement is extremely small and the overall fit is very close.

Answer #2 - Nope, they both shrink about the same which is .75" to 1" in the waist and 2" in the length

Kiya,

Whats Roy working on next? New Jean? 

Thanks

Roy's next release is a different shirt, should be out in about 6 weeks.  His studio/machines are all set up for shirts right now and its a lot of work for him to tune them and set the up for jeans so he's going to take advantage of the current set-up and do another shirt.

Self Edge SALE & Portland Grand Opening Party

Self Edge Portland is open for business and we're having an opening party to celebrate this Saturday night, August 10th, with beer for all, a giveaway with every purchase, and a sale on every line we carry. We've got new product from nearly every brand that's come into all four stores over the past few weeks.  We're having a rare sale at all stores and online, 12% off everything!

Come by Self Edge Portland for some drinks and enjoy a 12% off sale. We're not leaving our other three stores or our online customers out of this, the 12% off sale will be honored at SESF, SENY, SELA, and our online store.

Self Edge Portland Opening Party and Sale:

Saturday, August 10th - 6pm to 10pm

1022 W. Burnside Street - Portland, Oregon

The sale will run Friday, August 9th through Sunday, August 11th at all four Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Self Edge Online Sale

Starts 9am (PDT) Friday, August 9th.

Ends 5pm (PDT) Monday, 12th.

Sale in-store and online will be 12% off (Excludes media, hemming, and repair services).

Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 12% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PDT) Friday August 9th, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PDT) on Monday August 12.

Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases.

Coupon code for 12% off along with free shipping worldwide: SelfEdgePDX

se+pdc+ad-blog.jpg

Roy's next release is a different shirt, should be out in about 6 weeks.  His studio/machines are all set up for shirts right now and its a lot of work for him to tune them and set the up for jeans so he's going to take advantage of the current set-up and do another shirt.

Hopefully another workshirt and not a western...

man, it's frantic here....

so to please my friend K, here are my 2 cents pics.....

first the SEDB. worn one day, no rinse or wash, since i think it's been done already..... and you will notice the variety of threads colors. 

9467421414_d15a46f3ca_c.jpg

second the SG The Gold one.... 2 years old, with a leg repair i did because the exhaust pipe of my bike burnt the right leg.  repair denim comes from MF vaqueros parts. 

9464636905_06b3e9e900_c.jpg

So long, Sufu friends. And have a nice party in Oregon K :)

EDIT 

i forgot to mention that the SEDB is a masterpiece. go and get it. 

second the SG will stretch a lot imo.... mine gained more than one inch on waist band...i don't know if it has been reported but it is my experience. 
Edited by DocBlue

Hey Kiya,

I'm interested in the Iron Heart IH 8301s SBG. If I was a 34 in the IH 301s-07BK, would I also be a 34 in the IH 8301s SBG? I ask because the waist measurements between the two are very different on the Self Edge website. If not, what size would you recommend?

Also, are you guys planning on getting any other overdyed jeans anytime soon?

Thanks!

How much shrinkage is to be expected on the SE05BSP? I've heard flat heads shrink like crazy. Also are they in stock in SESF?

They shrink one full size, shrinkage info is at the bottom of the product page and SESF's current stock is shown on the website.  A restock is coming on saturday or so.

Hey Kiya,

I'm interested in the Iron Heart IH 8301s SBG. If I was a 34 in the IH 301s-07BK, would I also be a 34 in the IH 8301s SBG? I ask because the waist measurements between the two are very different on the Self Edge website. If not, what size would you recommend?

Also, are you guys planning on getting any other overdyed jeans anytime soon?

Thanks!

If you're a 34 in the 301s-07bk you'd be a 33 in the 8301s.

Anyone trying to play some basketball?

Johan and Andrew from 3sixteen are here for the SEPDX opening and we've planned to go ball out at Wallace park on Friday at 1:30PM

If any Sufu Portland heads want to join, you are more than welcome to do so. 

Friday, Wallace Park, 1:30PM

be there or be square

See you guys  Friday/Saturday!

Hi Kiya,

How does the fit of the Stevenson La Jolla 727 compare to the Iron Heart 7301's & 301's.  I understand the denim is different between the two.  I have both the 301's and the 7301's in a 36 and wonder how the Stevenson 727 in a size 34 would compare.

Thanks

I'd say the fit would be similar but the Stevenson wouldn't be as slim overall as the 301s fit from Iron Heart.  You'll love the details of this jean, they're quite amazing.

I will be at the SF store this weekend. Do you guys have the Stevenson Loop Wheeled T's there to try on? 

I wear a 40 in FH that is kind of a boxier fit, wanted a similar fit with these but don't know if the length will be to long on my short torso.

Debating between Medium and Small

I will be at the SF store this weekend. Do you guys have the Stevenson Loop Wheeled T's there to try on? 

I wear a 40 in FH that is kind of a boxier fit, wanted a similar fit with these but don't know if the length will be to long on my short torso.

Debating between Medium and Small

Yes, we have the tees there but not in every size, if you try on the size we do have you can probably figure out your size and order online.

What's the best way to get some more shrinkage out of my SEXDB19? (If there is any)

Originally did a 45 minute hot soak in the tub with agitation, maybe a gentle warm wash in the washing machine (no detergent of course).

Haven't done any measurements yet.

What's the best way to get some more shrinkage out of my SEXDB19? (If there is any)

Originally did a 45 minute hot soak in the tub with agitation, maybe a gentle warm wash in the washing machine (no detergent of course).

Haven't done any measurements yet.

To get max shrinkage you'll have to tumble dry them, but that'll soften the denim a significant amount. I would just do another 45 minute hot water soak then air dry.

if i am a 32 in the rjb 105bsp (34 waist), 32 in roy rs03 (33 waist), 32 in ih 634s (32 waist), would a 33 in SExDB19 work for me or do I want a 32? rise looks low like the rjb, so 33 looks like the better option

Yup, the 33 should be perfect for you after a hot water soak.

Kiya,

What differences do you perceive between Globe Specs' The Monty and Ray Ban's Clubmasters in terms of fit ?

Also is there a restock scheduled on these in case the last one online goes ?

Thanks

Kiya,

What differences do you perceive between Globe Specs' The Monty and Ray Ban's Clubmasters in terms of fit ?

Also is there a restock scheduled on these in case the last one online goes ?

Thanks

The Monty is a slightly smaller frame overall and the feel of the materials is far nicer than whats found on even vintage Clubmasters.

If you want it i would buy it asap because there are no restocks on these, they're seasonal.

After the "interesting" conversation between my wife and I over the cost of a certain MF-produced bandana ("Yeah, but its limited edition..."), it was quite welcome for her to send me casually and merrily on my way back to Self-Edge PDX.  

The hits of the night included beer by Bridgeport, a peek at the darning and chainstitching machines, a visit from Roy Slaper (who is quite tall in person, and who I heard ask, more than once, "Well, what's your favorite Murakami novel?")

Tyler (who I referred to as Zach several times over the evening, as I had been awake for the better part of about 30 hours by that point, exacerbated by free beer) and I nerded out over a few products, Kiya and I watched Roy think about fixing an armoire, I watched Kiya juggle a few hundred thought processes and relationships effortlessly and seamlessly, and in the end, I made off with the beautiful SE 1937 Zippo (purchased at a price more in line with my wife's thinking...).  A fun time was had by all.

9485646163_7b4071cab1_b.jpg

9488454222_c25beea4b1_b.jpg

9488465640_9b70996314_b.jpg

9488477240_5cf202cb03_b.jpg

9488497760_42d7fc6eb4_b.jpg