Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Whow, i don't remember any photo being taken of me at the desk.  

Thanks for coming by on our first day, hope to see you Saturday night for the party!

You were figuring out where the MF bandanas were in the system.

Just got the SEXDB19s in again in a size up this time. They're a bit big so I'm giving them a 45 minute hot soak right now.

Let us know how they turn out after the soak...I ordered up a size...or two....so I'm curious to know how much they are shrinking for everybody.

Just finished up my soak and I'll let them dry over night and report back tomorrow. I have them a good bit of agitation and noticed very little indigo loss. The fabric and color on these are so unique.

Man I would love to see a shirt made using 8 - 10 oz hank dyed natural indigo yarns with texture similar to the SExDB collab along the lines of the Buzz Rickson USN chambray shirt with dimensions and fit similar to the latest Roy shirt but unsanforized. What do you say Kiya, get together with the people who produced the denim for the recent collab and make a hank dyed natural indigo shirt with the same character as the jeans.

Man I would love to see a shirt made using 8 - 10 oz hank dyed natural indigo yarns with texture similar to the SExDB collab along the lines of the Buzz Rickson USN chambray shirt with dimensions and fit similar to the latest Roy shirt but unsanforized. What do you say Kiya, get together with the people who produced the denim for the recent collab and make a hank dyed natural indigo shirt with the same character as the jeans.

That would be amazing, except you're asking for a $500 shirt made in a factory in Japan, right?  

We just released a $370 shirt made by one man alone and people were complaining about the price.

Edited by kiya

Buy natural Chambray shirt
buy Indigo dye

practice on cheap/old shirt
dye it yourself

profit

Buy natural Chambray shirt

buy Indigo dye

practice on cheap/old shirt

dye it yourself

profit

You're talking about something completely different, what you just described is a garment dyed shirt.  Nearly anybody can do that, and many can do it well.  Creating a textile where the yarns are natural indigo hank-dyed is a very different thing and from what i know nobody outside of Japan is doing it on a level suitable for a production of at least a few hundred jeans or shirts at a time.

Edited by kiya

what the hell, it was worth a shot :)  The collab jeans are amazing, a shirt would be worth the price

We just released the most successful collaboration (the SEXDB19) we've done in terms of sell-through in 3 years, so you never know..

i would LOVE to see shirt like you described. It would be like the second coming of Mister Freedom's original CPO shirt, that thing was at least 3 years too early when it originally came out.

I was sitting on the beach on Sunday and realized I forgot to order the Roy shirt. I called up SENY and placed the order and even threw in the Stevenson Gima Yarn hoodie. As always I had amazing service and the items just arrived today. I floored by the quality and materials of the Roy shirt. Absolutely amazing! You guys have a customer for life!

We just released the most successful collaboration (the SEXDB19) we've done in terms of sell-through in 3 years, so you never know..

i would LOVE to see shirt like you described. It would be like the second coming of Mister Freedom's original CPO shirt, that thing was at least 3 years too early when it originally came out.

I'd gladly pay $500 for that shirt...shoot, I'd pre-pay for it, and I bet others would too, so you wouldn't be out any cash at all. Just the time it would take to coordinate...and you'd get credit for being the one responsible for a piece of art. :)

Cosigning the idea of making a shirt out of the same/similar denim as the SExDB's. A $500 shirt can seem outrageous to one person and totally reasonable to the next. I think the customer base could support a Grail piece like that in the same way, like you mention, that people love the MF CPO (I know I love mine). And while we're throwing collab suggestions out, SEPDXxDehen. Just saying.

That would be amazing, except you're asking for a $500 shirt made in a factory in Japan, right?  

We just released a $370 shirt made by one man alone and people were complaining about the price.

compared to visvim shirts (which i love), the roy shirt is an insane bargain.  which i think is not a bad point of comparison, really

You're talking about something completely different, what you just described is a garment dyed shirt.  Nearly anybody can do that, and many can do it well.  Creating a textile where the yarns are natural indigo hank-dyed is a very different thing and from what i know nobody outside of Japan is doing it on a level suitable for a production of at least a few hundred jeans or shirts at a time.

ooooooh

Anybody that's on the fence about the Roy shirt should jump on it. You won't be disappointed. I was a little bit worried about the chest measurement and thought about sizing down. I'm glad I didn't. The fit is great, the details are great, and the fabric is amazing.

Will the SE05BSP be restocked when the current stock is gone? I'll probably pick some up in a few months but don't want to be left in the dust.

Flat Head produces that jean twice a year, so unless they're in between production runs it should be in stock.

So I just put my SEXDB19s on after the 45 minute hot soak yesterday and let them dry overnight. I don't have any measurements right now or fit pics but I'm happy with the cut sized up one. It's different than the slim straight and slim tapered cuts that I'm used to and gives me a bit of variety to my lineup. Really comfortable after the soak, a little extra room in the thighs which is nice too. Not baggy at all. I might go for one more soak just to see if there is any shrinkage left.

Edit: Here's a bad shot I took quickly: XlDHRKBl.jpg?1

Edited by Broark

Hey Kiya, I know you probably answered this question before but I ordered a pair of SG3105 online and I'm not to found off the fit, I was wondering if I can exchange for a SG3109 at SELA.

Email us at denim (at) selfedge.com and we'll sort you out asap.

I need to get my SG3105 hemmed, and I will be in NYC on 9/18 and will be in the city again on 9/23. I don't know the turn around for a hem, but could I expect them to be done in just 4 days?

Completely understand if its not enough time, just looking to avoid the shipping cost if possible.

Thanks!

I need to get my SG3105 hemmed, and I will be in NYC on 9/18 and will be in the city again on 9/23. I don't know the turn around for a hem, but could I expect them to be done in just 4 days?

Completely understand if its not enough time, just looking to avoid the shipping cost if possible.

Thanks!

Try and get the jean to us early (around noon) on 9/18 and we'll do our best to make sure they're done by 9/23.