Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Thank you SE for the "get lit" zippo and dry bones keychain. Zippo is now firmly placed in the coin pocket of my MBB'S.

You're welcome, glad you like it!

Hey Kiya — What's the story with that new indigo Stevenson hoodie I just saw at the store? Pretty rad.

Its a hoodie made of Gima yarn, a yarn so dry that the Japanese call it "paper thread". Its 100% cotton but spun at a very fast rate with blowers pointed at the outstretched yarn so that it pulls all the moisture out. The resulting yarn is like twisted paper and the fabric that its turned into is crazy rigid. Stevenson had a set of custom colors made and did a set of hoodies and t-shirts out of it.

We're getting both the hoodies and tees, they're wild as shit, i'm robokopping.

Do you guys repair toddler jeans? Kid's got me beat on crotch blowout

Np - Matmos "freak 'n' you"

Yup, we can repair those! Bring them with you when you come to the SENY party next weekend.

(Remember Soft Pink Truth with Herbert? They should resurrect that alias)

If I'm a 34 in Imperial SEXI 14, should I take a 33 Flat Head SEO5BSP? Waist is a little lose in my Imperials so the smaller waist should be no problem.

Yup, sounds about right, a 33 in the SE05BSP.

Yup, we can repair those! Bring them with you when you come to the SENY party next weekend.

(Remember Soft Pink Truth with Herbert? They should resurrect that alias)

what is this I hear about a self edge party next weekend?

Hey Kiya,

I bought the SG3109's from SESF about 3 weeks ago, and had them hemmed and shipped to me. Just letting you know that I had to pay an extra $1.90 because the package said it weighed 1lb, but I guess it really weighed 3lbs. Just letting you guys know just in case this is something new/something you guys don't know about.

Thanks for the recommendation by the way. Loving the denim so far.

Hey Kiya,

I bought the SG3109's from SESF about 3 weeks ago, and had them hemmed and shipped to me. Just letting you know that I had to pay an extra $1.90 because the package said it weighed 1lb, but I guess it really weighed 3lbs. Just letting you guys know just in case this is something new/something you guys don't know about.

Hey, really sorry about that. Thats not something you should have to deal with. Email us and we'll Paypal twice what you ended up paying.

what is this I hear about a self edge party next weekend?

April 27th at SENY, you ready?

Hey Kiya,

i can't believe you signed up to complain about $1.90. jesus christ.

i can't believe you signed up to complain about $1.90. jesus christ.

I don't think $1.90 is the issue nessssssss is concerned with after buying $400 jeans... it's the fact that the charge 1) was unexpected and 2) could show up regularly on future Self Edge orders.

fuck really??? i was just in nyc yesterday... might drive back up if you promise we will get ridiculous

Yes, lets get ridiculous. April 27th at SENY, 6pm to 10pm.

I'm probably just SOL, but is there any restocks of The Flat Head Flannels coming anytime soon? I'm especially looking for a blue western in 44 or a Glory Park Blue Cream in 42...

Nope, there are never restocks of FH shirts, they're all made to order.

Kiya, Can you please let me know which denim you have is the best for warm summer time? I have found that i can't just use the weight as the determinant, as my favorite summer jeans are some ONI denim because they are so breathable. They are much better than a super lightweight denim that is tightly woven. Thanks for any suggestions.

Kiya, Can you please let me know which denim you have is the best for warm summer time? I have found that i can't just use the weight as the determinant, as my favorite summer jeans are some ONI denim because they are so breathable. They are much better than a super lightweight denim that is tightly woven. Thanks for any suggestions.

I would say the 1109 and 1105 from Strike Gold and anything from RJB.

Favorite Fives by Kiya Babzani on Proper Magazine:

http://www.propermag...babzani-2013-04

hell yeah andrew weatherall. i'll add his mondays remix (w/ oakenfold) and the best disco mix i've heard (nine o' clock drop).

re: soft pink truth, you must've heard drew's bjork mixes? the second one was promo only iirc

[edit - guess the youtube tags don't work anymore]

Edited by readytoignite

Any news on if the imperial cattleman will be available online?

We won't be carrying that model, the only new model which we wanted to stock is the Prospector which we just got two weeks ago at the stores.

Gah. I need to know.

You guys wouldn't happen to have the Dobby cloth Feilder shirt in your shipment from Stevenson would you?

Nope, we didn't order that shirt. But we did get 6 other items and we're getting another 5 or 6 in a few weeks.

The Self Edge New York Expansion Party & Self Edge 13% Off Sale

It has been four years since we opened our New York City location and with the remodel that our SF store went through last year SENY was feeling a bit jealous. Earlier this month we closed Self Edge New York for a week and have nearly doubled the size of the store, added another dressing room, and expanded our product rage from the brands we've always carried.

To celebrate this momentous occasion we're throwing a party on April 27th at Self Edge New York and have a weekend long 13% off sale at all three Self Edge stores (and online too).

The stores are fully stocked with new items from every brand we carry including lots of spring and summer items We've also recently received full restocks of jeans from every brand to stock up for the sale weekend. Everything is 13% off except for leather jackets which are 5% off.

The Self Edge New York Party will be from 6pm to 10pm on Saturday night, April 27.

Come enjoy some beers, music, and general rowdiness courtesy of our unruly clientele and employees.

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, and SELA:

April 26, 27, and 28 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:

Starts 9am (PDT) Friday, April 26

Ends 5pm (PDT) Monday, April 29

Sale in-store and online will be 13% off (Excludes all printed media, CDs, hems/repairs). Leather jackets will be discounted 5%. Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 13% off everything (5% off leather jackets) in our online store starting at 9AM (PDT) Friday April 26th, the

coupon code will be good until 5pm (PDT) Monday, April 29th.

Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 13% off along with free shipping worldwide: ThirteenPercent

Coupon Code for 5% off all Leather Jackets with free shipping worldwide: LeatherLover

Shop Self Edge Online