Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

^IMO Strike Gold has a softer hand, i can't say which has a tighter weave though

If I was you I would honestly just go with whatever fits better

(btw, Im surprised you've been neglecting your mccoy sweat for your SG, I've been doing the opposite....)

I love the pockets and the hood on my McCoy, the fabric is soft, darkish and thick (like I like my women) but the Strike Gold sweat fits way better on me, that and I find it to be more windproof; I bike and walk 3 miles (6 total) to and from school every day early in the morning and hate having to fill my pack with all the layers I take off durring the day. The McCoy runs a little longer too which I like some days>the SG runs supper short even for me at 5.3" with a short torso, but it ends right on the money. ( have size small in the SG black and a M in the McCoy in grey, have a 37.75" chest 16.6" shoulders wear a 40 in flat head T and 38 in button ups for reference. Wear a Sm in the new Buzz with T under although I could size up.)

Also I just soaked my SG with a little soup and light agitation and hung it to dry in my living room. I was afraid it would shrink too much. To my surprise, the fabric def. got tighter, but I was stoked to see that the length was still relatively stock length.

But I digress, the IH looks like its a roomier fit, which is tempting since I usually only wear my SG with a FH tee or the like maybe a light chamb. with a jacket over it. Also I don't own anything by Ih... which needs to be remedied I think, sooner than later.

Edited by Rightyow77

Got to finally stop by SF Self-Edge last weekend and met Geno. And almost convinced the gf to get a pair of 3sixteens 77bsp. Maybe next time...

A short, well-maintained beard is timeless and classy. It's the giant messy mountain-man beard that's a hipster trend, it's going to look as outdated as 80s hair and bell-bottoms in a few years.

I don't know, people have been growing giant messy mountain-man beards for millions of years, so it's hard to call it a hipster trend.

Those IH hoodies look awesome though. Just when I thought I was set on the Strike Gold loopwheel sweats.

Edited by wayoutwest

@kiya-- josh is wearing strike gold 11xx?

Nope, he's wearing the SEXFHXRJB15.

Back picture shows SG arcs or is that someone else? http://www.selfedge....OODIE_01_01.JPG

Shit, you're right. He's wearing the Strike Gold 1105 in those photos.

Kiya - are you going to get the graphic ultra heavy IH hoodies the 7 and 8?

Nope, we opted to go only for the unprinted versions.

Ah cool - I keep going back and fourth as to unprinted vs printed - thanks!

The unprinted version still has a little bit of branding on the outside because we opted to keep the little IH tag on the ribbing.

Kiya,

looking for one of these; colour black size 32.

do any of the stores have one?

http://www.selfedge....products_id=219

Yup, we have one left at SENY now, you can call over there to place a phone order today.

Kiya, long shot, but any kind of stock left for the 634s-RAW besides what's up on the site?

Nope, those are the only two sizes we have.

Mr. Kiya,

I'm deciding between the 3sixteen ST-100x or the 120x. Do you have faded pics of that "Shadow Selvedge"? Also are the thread poly-cotton?

Yes, all 3sixteen jeans are stitched with cotton-wrapped poly thread.

Here are some good photos of that jean worn in:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/61213-3sixteen-jeans/page__st__1350#entry2877403

I figured this as the best place to ask this question, but I also realize there are a lot of variations and additional details that go into a vague question like this, but anyway - What would you recommend in the way of black denim? I'm leaning toward the 3sixteen double black but just wanted to here what other people have to say and what experiences people have with that particular pair.

Thanks.

I figured this as the best place to ask this question, but I also realize there are a lot of variations and additional details that go into a vague question like this, but anyway - What would you recommend in the way of black denim? I'm leaning toward the 3sixteen double black but just wanted to here what other people have to say and what experiences people have with that particular pair.

Thanks.

We have a few really nice black jeans to choose from, our two best selling models are the SL-220x/ST-220x from 3sixteen and the 8301s from Iron Heart.

Thank you, the 8301's looked dope til i saw the 21oz weight. With summer approaching I thought it might be a good time to get some new ones to wear in before the summer heat strikes but 21oz sounds a bit rough. Looks like 3sixteen wins again.

If I order through SE do different product ship from different areas or is everything out of SF? Reason I ask is I just moved to Western/upstate NY so I'd get it quicker if it shipped SENY. Greedy, I know.