Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

The Charlatans were from Walsall although the singer was from Manchester I think.

they relocated to cheshire before releasing a record, so hence a band from the greater manchester area. same reason that my bloody valentine is a london band and the dead boys were from new york despite originating from dublin and cleveland, respectively

Thank you, how'd you know?

your birthdate is on your profile... many happy returns!

Kiya: are there any places in SF that can do leather jacket repairs? I have an old flight jacket that needs new knits and some stitching along the the collar.

We send everybody to Fog City, they've been doing leather jacket repairs and restorations for years:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fog-city-leather-san-francisco

We just added a load of new items from nearly every brand we carry including some yearly restocks (like Buzz Rickson pea-coats) to our online store. We also got Inventory Magazine 07 in with the pink camo guy on the front cover.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

I know I already posted fit pics of the Final Denim Jacket yesterday but today when I randomly tossed it on the floor and saw it stand up by itself I had to post pics again. Here it is standing up at its tallest:

finaljacketup2.jpg

finaljacketup.jpg

This is hilarious. I always see you guys post pics of your jeans standing straight up and it always amazed me. To the best of my knowledge I've never seen a denim jacket standing straight up though. If it's this stiff, you can imagine how it feels on me. Ha!

Yellow Rat Shirts & Winter Coats

Yellow Rat has just delivered three great pieces for the fall and winter. Two new shirts, one being the first Yellow Rat flannel shirt we've had, and a great winter coat in black melton wool.

The winter coat is one of those great standard pieces which is not only extremely versatile but very warm and functional. We got a limited number of these at the stores, they're sure to go quick.

All three of these new Yellow Rat items are available now at all Self Edges stores and in our online store. Check the online store for specs, measurements, and more.

Shop Yellow Rat

YR_PEACOAT_01.JPG

YR_PEACOAT_03.JPG

YR_PEACOAT_05.JPG

YR_PEACOAT_06.JPG

YR_PEACOAT_07.JPG

YR_FLANNEL001.JPG

YR_FLANNEL004.JPG

YR_ORNGE_01.JPG

YR_ORNGE_04.JPG

What's the stock like on that jacket at the SF store? I'm pretty close to buying it but I'd like to try it on first (let's hope it doesn't sell out online!).

I think we're only out of Medium? I would come in soon if you can, before the weekend at least.

Well, shit--I was thinking I'd probably need a large? This measurement probably won't help, but I generally wear a 42 in FH (winter flannel and native check) shirts.

Sounds like you need a Medium, come by the shop in the next day or two and try them on.

Does the Mister Freedom plaid shirt shrink, or is it prewashed? The small looks good but if it shrinks I'll be SOL. So if it's raw, I think I'll be okay with a medium.

It shrinks but not much, get the medium if you're in between and when you get it you should have a bit of room in it, if not send it back for a size up.

When are you expecting the next re-stock of Flat Heads? Specifically the F2001 or F380.

What size do you need?

We have both of those at SELA now, check the PM i just sent you.

Buzz Rickson Pea-Coats & William Gibson Watch Caps + Sugar Cane Winter Shirts

Just received one of the best selling items we have every year, the Buzz Rickson Navy Melton Wool Pea-Coat. Buzz Rickson only makes a limited number of these every year and we try and get as many as we can every year. They're available now at all of our stores and in our online store.

Along with the pea-coat we've received Buzz Rickson's famous wool watch caps in olive, navy, and the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson black version.

We also have received two new Sugar Cane shirts. The first shirt is a black jean cord shirt that they do every year with a slight variation every time. The second piece is a flannel shirt that happens to be the heaviest weight flannel we've ever seen Sugar Cane do, the pattern on this thing is rocking.

All three of these items and a full restock of all Sugar Cane jeans are now at all of our stores and also in our online store. Check the online store for updated measurements, info, spec lists, and more.

Shop Buzz Rickson

Shop Sugar Cane

SC_RED_01.JPG

SC_RED_04.JPG

SC_STRIPED_01.JPG

SC_STRIPED_04.JPG

BR_PEACOAT_01_02.JPG

BR_PEACOAT_01_07.JPG

Did the watch caps already sell out online? Or is it an in store thing only?

They were just added, check again.

Are you guys getting any BR gloves this season as well?

Just got them, they're available now at SELA and SENY.

It's gettin cold; we need to see some new TFH flannels :-). Soon???

They already came in, one model didn't make it into the online store because it sold so quickly in-store. A few of the models are redone ones from years past so we just reloaded the online store up with a restock (like the red winter flannel for example).

More FH flannels are coming ever few weeks.

So, the buzz rickson hats are not at sesf? Because that's what the guy there just told me.

They're at SENY, SELA, and online. SESF will get them mid-week.

Mister Freedom Winter Collection - Men of the Frontier

From our favorite story building designer comes a collection of jackets, shirts, and jeans perfect for colder climates. Mister Freedom has always kept us on our toes when it comes to creating a collection that tells a great story with fabrics that push the envelope of what Sugar Cane is able to produce in Japan.

From this new collection we have two new jackets, two shirts, and a pair of jeans. The jackets come in both denim and blanket versions, the fit is slim, and the details are wild. With the shirts we see Mister Freedom doing their first set of flannel shirts. We've been waiting for Christophe Loiron's interpretation of a classic flannel for years and these do not disappoint. Last but not least we have a new jean with a great fit and awesome front pocket opening details.

All these items are available now in-store at all three Self Edge stores and online in our online store. Check the product pages for more info, specs, and measurements on all these items.

Shop Mister Freedom

MF_JACKET_03.JPG

MF_JACKET_08.JPG

MF_JACKET_09.JPG

MF_JACKET_10.JPG

MF_JACKET_11.JPG

MF_WHITE_JCKT_03.JPG

MF_WHITE_JCKT_04.JPG

MF_WHITE_JCKT_10.JPG

MF-PANT_01.JPG

MF-PANT_04.JPG