Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

damn only 50? So is that like 10 of each size?

Is there anyway to preorder the jackets? Or is it on a first come first serve basis?

Also will the jackets be available online? Or only in stores?

Thanks

They'll be available at all Self Edge stores on that date and the online store later that same day.

if im a 30 in the ih301s what would i be in the 8301s? measurements from 30 to 30 are a lil different... (esp thigh, 10.5 to 11.3)

edit: read back a page, kiya are you still recommending sizing down 1 for the same fit? hope not as youre out of stock on the 29 :(

Yup, size down one for the 8301s for the same fit. SELA has one pair left in 29, phone order it during business hours, shipping is still free to you.

how much do flat head 3009's shrink in the thigh after a cold soak?

About .5" after a hot soak.

Hey guys, just bought the SExDBxSxS12 collab jeans in a sz29 but they're way too small. If anyone's interested let me know. They're brand new and haven't been soaked or altered in any way. Thought since its a collab jean for Self Edge, I'd post here. Sorry if it doesn't belong though.

Figured I pop in and say what's up.

Finally got around to checking out SE NY. I've got to say, Kiya, you have a great little spot, and your boy (I believe he said his name was "D" or "Deep"?) was nice and helpful. I think I've expressed my surprise at my experience at Blue in Green the one time I went in to scope it out.

Really enjoyed seeing IH, Roy, and FH in the flesh finally.

Strike Gold Loopwheeled T-Shirts & More

Strike Gold came out with jeans just a few years ago for the first time; when we saw the fabric and construction in person we were floored by how such a new company can produce product this good. Last year they did a small run of loopwheeled hoodies and crewneck sweaters, quality so good that we see no reason to carry any other brand's hoodies or basic crewneck sweaters. The fabric is exactly what you want from a hoodie or sweater, it's nearly windproof due to it's outer weave, it's extremely heavy and it's wild soft on the inside. This year they wanted to conquer the loopwheeled t-shirt, and that they did.

We've now got Strike Gold's loopwheeed tees available in both black or white, or a red printed version. The weave they achieved on these is quite special. When you see a well worn in loopwheeled tee you start to see the horizontal weave pattern within the fabric, the longer you wear it and the more you wash it the more you can see this pattern. This is an artifact of the weaving process due to it's speed and gravity tension. Strike Gold's pattern is almost apparent even when the tees are new. The tees have double-stitched sleeves and hem-line, a triple-stitched collar, and is stitched together with 100% cotton thread. Is that too much information about a single t-shirt? Not for us.

All three tees along with a full restock of all four jean models and their amazing belts are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.

SG_BLANC_01.JPG

SG_BLANC_02.JPG

SG_BLANC_05.JPG

SG_BLK_01.JPG

SG_BLK_02.JPG

SG_BLK_05.JPG

SGtee_RED_01.JPG

SGtee_RED_02.JPG

SGtee_RED_05.JPG

Kiya, honestly how do the SG tees compare to the FH ones? Equal to? Better?

You're basically comparing the two top loopwheeled tees available anywhere, the differences are so minute that trying to explain them in text won't make much sense. They're very very close in quality, deep down i know that SG looked at the FH tees and started there.

I wish these tees had sleeve width measurements. Nothing worse than buying a t where the body fits well, but the sleeves stick out like boxes from the body instead of fitting around the arms.

Edited by zwer

I wish these tees had sleeve width measurements. Nothing worse than buying a t where the body fits well, but the sleeves stick out like boxes from the body instead of fitting around the arms.

I've never had that issue on any decent t-shirt. You mean the sleeves go straight out as opposed to pointed diagonally away from the body?

Hey - SENY is getting restocks in so we are going to ship you a lighter from our stock. It should go out in the next day or two. Thanks for your patience!

Hey just wanted to double check if the lighter has been sent or will be soon? Its been 2 weeks now and I havent gotten a package or email saying it was shipped. Thanks.

@kiya - exactly. I'd love to try a loop wheeled t, but not if the sleeves don't fit properly. Could always get them tailored?

@maynard - I do lift weights, but don't have overly big arms for the size of my torso. Strong, yes. Big? Nope.

The Roy Nihon Menpu Chambray Shirt

Roy's first production shirt is a special one. The shirt starts with a blank canvas of Nihon Menpu's 6oz selvedge chambray combined with dead-stock fish-eye buttons from almost 100 years ago, those are the simple parts. The shirt is cut and sewn by Roy Slaper using vintage Singer and Union Special machines with a few hidden details that we'd rather not spill here. Best to see this shirt in person and discover all its beauty slowly.

One of the details we personally love is the busted selvedge seam up the back of the shirt, over time you'll have jean-like train tracks running up your back. Also, Roy has this wild machine that's able to do a stitch that melts our minds, it's meant to be an invisible hemming machine but to us it looks like a crazy fabric perforator. He's used this machine to hem the front placket of the shirt which also hides the button backs from your body when the shirt is worn.

This Roy shirt will go on sale at all Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Saturday, September 22nd. The shirt will also go on sale at 2pm (PST) the same day in our online store. This shirt will not be remade or restocked, this is an edition of 45 shirts.

Check the online store for a full spec list on the shirt, measurements, hi-res photos, and more.

Shop Roy Online

ROY_SHIRT_01.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_02.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_03.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_04.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_05.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_07.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_08.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_09.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_10.JPG

ROY_SHIRT_11.JPG

So dope. Eagerly waited for this shirt and was ready to blow some cash until I saw the price tag. Zoinks. Just can't spring that much right now.

Yup, shirts and jeans practically cost the same because it takes just as long to make a shirt than it does a pair of jeans, the only real difference is that average shirting fabric prices are lower, hence why some shirts end up costing less than a pair of jeans by about $20 to $50. In Roy's case these shirts took longer to make each shirt than a pair of jeans for him.

It's amazing to me that Flat Head or RJB are able to sell their shirts for only $300 to $350 when i know for a fact that the fabric is costing them MORE than what their denim costs.

Edited by kiya

Kiya, can you give us an idea about the fit? Are they fitted(as it appears) or more roomy? And, is the cloth Sanforized? Great lookin shirt either way! thanks

I'd say they're a fairly standard fit, it's not roomy and it's not super slim. The cloth is sanforized but hasn't been rinsed so there IS shrinkage, which is stated at the bottom of the product page.