Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya, good lookin t-shirts. what is meant by "indigo black" (overdyed?)? and how much shrinkage can we expect? thanks

The tees are rinsed so shrinkage is minimal. Depending on the amount of enzymes added to an indigo vat you can get indigo to look more sky blue or so dark that it looks near black (called Indigo Black in textile terms). So no, it's not over dyed, the fibers themselves are dyed in a vat adjusted so create an extremely dark indigo color.

Kiya, I know it's a little early, but any details yet on the iron heart collaboration for the new york party? I'm just trying to pick out my denim purchase for october :)

Edited by Megatron1505

Kiya, I know it's a little early, but any details yet on the iron heart collaboration for the new york party? I'm just trying to pick out my denim purchase for october :)

We'll have a few things available including a 634s made out of our SEXIH13 23oz denim, a SEXIH loop wheeled printed t-shirt, and The Final Denim Jacket.

Hey Kiya would one need to worry about indigo bleeding from the heirloom shirts? Rather find out early than get out of my car and see blue tint on the leather haha

They shouldn't bleed that much, they've been rinsed twice.

those tees are the fucking sex.

see if he can do polos next?

Maybe, it's not really his aesthetic but we never know.

Kiya, does Roy have any plans do to work shirts in the future?

I'm so impressed with the rs04's that he has me as a customer for life. These jeans are such a marked improvement on the rs2's--and they were an impressive pair to begin with-- I previously owned that it's essentially night and day when comparing the two. Major props to Roy, Kiya and cone for coming together and making such an extraordinary article of clothing. (It'll be hard to wear anything else.)

Edited by Shoreman

Roy will eventually do jackets and shirts but on his own timing and terms. We're hoping to see a shirt and a jacket by the end of the year. The jacket he made me is amazing, its new meets old in a very cool way.

kiya, i saw those heirloom tees in your site earlier this week and wanted to ask if the S is really 39'. coz it'll be mad huge for me (even if it shrinks after soak/wash), the thermal in S is actually perfect but then i live in south-east asia which is crazy warm and (you know the whine) no chance to wear it at all.

good that u're carrying the brand, saw it in Tokyo last year and the material is beautiful. but the size they had was an L/XL which would become a giant tunic so... please help, thanks :)

Edited by nachtelijk

kiya, i saw those heirloom tees in your site earlier this week and wanted to ask if the S is really 39'. coz it'll be mad huge for me (even if it shrinks after soak/wash), the thermal in S is actually perfect but then i live in south-east asia which is crazy warm and (you know the whine) no chance to wear it at all.

good that u're carrying the brand, saw it in Tokyo last year and the material is beautiful. but the size they had was an L/XL which would become a giant tunic so... please help, thanks :)

Glad you got to see the tees in person, they're pretty amazing. The reason the sizing is like that is because the thermal tee is supposed to be worn tight and the pocket tees are supposed to be worn loose, so really the sizing is standard across the two.

Summer Madness from Toyo's Star of Hollywood and Sun Surf

The wildest shipment of the year just arrived and it's definitely pushing the envelope of patterned shirts. We've received over ten different shirts from Star of Hollywood and Sun Surf. Both of these collections are produced by Toyo, the same company behind Mister Freedom, Sugar Cane, and Buzz Rickson.

These shirts are not only made with the utmost attention to detail (think pressed coconut fiber buttons) but in Japan this release is one of the most collectible due to it's super limited production run. Toyo spends most of the year perfecting the fabrics for these shirts, making sure that every shade and stitch is exactly as it should be and even weaving in hemp in with the cotton at times to make sure the hand-feel is exactly how they need it to be.

Along with these shirts we've also received some amazing bandanas which are made of some of the fabrics which the shirts are also made from, these are available in-store at SESF and SELA. If you'd like to order one of these email us and we'll sort you out, they're available for $95 each.

All these shirts are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store, check the online store for more photos, prices, measurements, and more. These will sell out quite fast, if the online store has sold out of your size there is a chance we may still have the shirt at SELA or SENY, email us or call the stores and we'll sort you out.

Shop Star of Hollywood and Sun Surf Online

STAR_119BLKBLK_01.JPG

STAR_119BLKBLK_03.JPG

STAR_145GRN_01.JPG

STAR_145GRN_04.JPG

STAR_VOODOO_01.JPG

STAR_VOODOO_04.JPG

SUNSURF_105OFF_01.JPG

SUNSURF_105OFF_03.JPG

SUNSURF_105OFF_PINE_01.JPG

SUNSURF_105OFF_PINE_05.JPG

Hey Kiya. I think i need your help

Im looking for a new denim, superblack and slim.

I used to wear IH 9301 Superblack Slim which i bought on SF 3 years ago. It was the most amazing denim iv've ever had. Heavy, soft,slim pure black. Damn perfect

Sadly i cant find it anymore so im gonna look for another model but as close as possible to 9301.

May i ask you to give me some advice cuz im a bit lost ?

Thanks

Edited by teffguigui

Hey Kiya. I think i need your help

Im looking for a new denim, superblack and slim.

I used to wear IH 9301 Superblack Slim which i bought on SF 3 years ago. It was the most amazing denim iv've ever had. Heavy, soft,slim pure black. Damn perfect

Sadly i cant find it anymore so im gonna look for another model but as close as possible to 9301.

May i ask you to give me some advice cuz im a bit lost ?

Thanks

We have the perfect thing for you, the upcoming 8301s by Iron Heart. Same fit as the 301s but in the newer SBG (super black fade to gray) denim. Comes out September 5th.

Edited by kiya

Can you give us any more info on the IH denim jacket collab? Released at the IH Party in Oct?

Also, will the new 6301S have the bright contrast stitching or will it be blacked out?

Can you give us any more info on the IH denim jacket collab? Released at the IH Party in Oct?

Also, will the new 6301S have the bright contrast stitching or will it be blacked out?

Info on the jacket won't be out till September.

The 8301s will have blacked out stitching, other than the red "W" on the back right pocket there's no other contrast stitching.

Edited by kiya

We have the perfect thing for you, the upcoming 6301s by Iron Heart. Same fit as the 301s but in the newer SBG (super black fade to gray) denim. Comes out September 5th.

Info on the jacket won't be out till September.

The 6301s will have blacked out stitching, other than the red "W" on the back right pocket there's no other contrast stitching.

Damn. Thanks for fast reply. Looks like its exactly what im looking for. Cant wait

Edited by teffguigui

did Flat Head decided to reproduce the F310?love the stitching on this jean.. B)

Yup, we have them in stock at all three stores now.

The second button down on the fly of my SEXDBXSXS12 has just fallen off after only about ten wears. Kiya, anything you might be able to help me out with? And if anyone else has any suggestions on how to have it properly placed back on, please share. Thanks in advance

The second button down on the fly of my SEXDBXSXS12 has just fallen off after only about ten wears. Kiya, anything you might be able to help me out with? And if anyone else has any suggestions on how to have it properly placed back on, please share. Thanks in advance

Yup, send them to SESF and we'll fix them for free.

hey kiya, i'm after a medium size deep indigo heirloom tshirt but its coming up as out of stock online.. you have any more kicking around in the back room?

We ordered a load of these and they sold out faster than expected, we're trying to get a restock now, will know more this week.